Mod & Styles list

Complaints, compliments, suggestions. Have something to say about vegastrike.sourceforge.net? Here's the place to bring it up.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Mod & Styles list

Post by pheonixstorm »

For those who want to know what we have cooking under the hood in the forums here are the list of mods and styles.

Styles
prosilver (default)
Vega Strike (I am looking into changing this over to use the prosilver special edition template)

Mods
ACP Add User MOD
Admin Easy User Delete
Breizh Ajax Checks
Global Announcements on Index
Latest Post In Profile
Log connections
NV usertopics
Quick Title Edition
Share On
Topic Preview
User Mention MOD
Users and Bots on Seperate Lines
View your topics
Welcome on index
phpBB Statistics

Mods under consideration
Add Homepage link in header
Advanced BBCode Box 3 (aka ABBC3)
Database Optimize & Repair Tool (will be added)
Debug Errors and Notices (will be added)
Forum Goal
Forum SEO (will be added) - Will check this one out next after adding NV last topic titles. We need this to get our search ranking up a bit in certain categories.
Forum Title Colour
NV advanced last topic titles - added locally, will be updating soon I think. Doesn't seem to cause any issues with our current setup.
Latest Topic Title (does the same thing as advanced last topic titles I found out)
Paypal Donation Mod (will be added)
Please Wait (will be added)
Prettyphoto Attachment Mod (will be added)
Syntax Highlighter 3 phpbb3 mod

Styles under consideration
prosilver special edition
se square left
se pro
se pro collapsible

After reworking the development forums locally I think I have worked a few kinks out of the Vega Strike style though I have not yet fixed the annoying issue of ads showing up above the topic. In prosilver, the ads show up correctly under the first and last post (if more than 3 posts). This is partly why I want to do away with our current VS style for something based on prosilver SE.

Getting any new mod that changes the frontend to work with subsilver2 based styles (vega strike) is a real chore. If anyone would like to see what most of the new proposed mods do you can head over to the phpbb modification db and look them up. Also while you are there take a look at the smilies. I have been hunting around for some new smilies 8) Found some, just haven't added them in yet. Thats it for now, gotta get back to work on tinkering with the forums locally :)
Last edited by pheonixstorm on Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated list
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Mod & Styles list

Post by loki1950 »

Prosilver SE looks very clean Should be quite suitable for our needs and if the background color is changeable and we can add the art that was developed for the VS style be a shame to drop it all.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Yeah, I wanted to try and keep the images and as much of the look as possible. Just need to learn how to do it.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Have a look at that phpbb modification db on the first page Custom Header Logo :wink: should do as a start will be looking through for some more nuggets 50 pages worth may take awhile :roll: Just checked which version it's for only for 3.0.10,3.0.4 and 3.0.2 we are running 3.0.9 so an update may be in order again :twisted:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

I can check it out but it didn't look interesting based off the screenie
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

The add homepage link thingy will be abused insanely by spambots - I'd leave it out.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

I must say.. I thought the stupid last topic titles would work now :roll:
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

try try again...
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Found the problem... due to permission changes with the web files I cannot update some of the files... so www2 I need to be able to update the sites files! For whatever reason I get denied in /styles/prosilver/templates when I try to overwrite what I need to.