Guest post

Complaints, compliments, suggestions. Have something to say about vegastrike.sourceforge.net? Here's the place to bring it up.
pheonixlost

Guest post

Post by pheonixlost »

So, heres a working guest post. I open this up just in case some current or former forum users get logged out, can't reactivate an account, or generally can't do something to log into their account.

One thing though. Since this forum now uses a Q&A captcha to filter out spam (even for guest posting) I need ideas on new questions and answer. Simple questions or statements are easiest for new members who do not know english as a primary language, so keep that in might when creating new questions/statements.

DO NOT post new questions and answers in this thread. Send a pm to pheonixstorm. The more questions we have, the longer and harder it will be for the spam bots to find a way to wiggle back into our lives.
Ianster_guy

It is taking a long time to get an activation email

Post by Ianster_guy »

I can't create an account, because it says my account has not been activated. I am not receiving an email to activate my account. Is the mail server working yet?
IansterGuy
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Re: It is taking a long time to get an activation email

Post by IansterGuy »

Ianster_guy wrote:I can't create an account, because it says my account has not been activated. I am not receiving an email to activate my account. Is the mail server working yet?
Nevermind there is just a long dely, for antispam purpouses.
bestfriend

Re: Guest post

Post by bestfriend »

I have tried at least a dozen times to download the installer, and each time it fails to download the complete file. I have tried at all hours of the day and night and the results are roughly the same (meaning that the download doesn't always fail at the same point).

*EDIT* At least the spammer had an actual problem even if fictitious.
Last edited by pheonixstorm on Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: silly spammer, did you get lost?
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Did you try a download manager with support for continuing partial downloads?

With big downloads like VS, it's kind of a must-have
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

answering spammers now klauss?? :lol:
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Probably because I hadn't deleted it before he saw it :lol: or I missed the naughty bits :oops:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Did you read over my changes? :lol: Especially the sig
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

I did 8) and why I did not delete it and the little bots account :mrgreen: Why mess up the continuity of the thread when there was no reason to.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

pheonixstorm wrote:answering spammers now klauss?? :lol:
Lol, I've been so busy lately, it being such a common problem with VS, and nothing cried spammer to me. What was it that gave it away?. No, I didn't see the changes, I think I saw it right after it was posted, but my replied sitted there unsubmitted due to heavy work, so when I got some time I just submitted without re-checking - there was no reason to. Or so I thought.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe