Assistance Required - mission editor

The point of no return for both Ogre ports. Permanent links will be stickied on top with current information of each port (Lua and Python)

Moderators: ghoulsblade2, strook

Darkmage
Merchant
Merchant

Assistance Required - mission editor

Post by Darkmage »

Hello everyone,

I am currently building a mission editor for Vegastrike and Freespace 2 for Windows/Mac/Linux. I am programming the mission editor in C/GTK. I have currently created most of the interface, and require assistance with embedding the engine onto a GTK Drawing Area widget. I am happy to share my code, but I need someone who understands the Vegastrike engine and can help get the game to draw within the editor window. I am contactable at jcarthew@gmail.com if anyone would like to assist. I am interested in getting both Vegastrike and Vega Ogre to work in this way.
If you're interested in helping with mission editor/engine development contact me at jcarthew@gmail.com or irc.freenode.net #vegastrike.
gonzo
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Re: Assistance Required - mission editor

Post by gonzo »

Darkmage wrote: I am currently building a mission editor for Vegastrike and Freespace 2 for Windows/Mac/Linux.
Cool, it's needed. As you notice there isn't much action here right now. Unfortunately.

Maybe you could open an issue for this over at the GitHub project site. There's a dedicated repository for tools there.
https://github.com/vegastrike/Tools/issues
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.