Problem with compiling Vegaogre

The point of no return for both Ogre ports. Permanent links will be stickied on top with current information of each port (Lua and Python)

Moderators: ghoulsblade2, strook

STEVE555
Hunter
Hunter

Problem with compiling Vegaogre

Post by STEVE555 »

Hi to all,
I have downloaded both the svn version of Vegastrike and the Ogre version of Vegastrike as well.
I'm currently using Fedora 16 with all the latest packages installed. I had downloaded the latest version of Orge and the installed libraries are in /usr/local. I have made sure I had put /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/include in my ld.so.conf and ran sudo ldconfig so vegaogre could pick up the newly installed ogre library. My Graphics Card is a Nvidia NV28 Quatro with 128Mb of memory on it. I have compiled the Nouveau DRM,Mesa and the
Nouveau driver for it from the git repositories.

Here is the output when I run ./premakelinux.sh:

==== Building md5lib ====
md5.c
Linking md5lib
==== Building caelumlib ====
SkyDome.cpp
In file included from lugre/lib/caelum/src/SkyDome.cpp:21:0:
lugre/lib/caelum/include/CaelumPrecompiled.h:24:18: fatal error: Ogre.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [obj/Release/SkyDome.o] Error 1
make: *** [caelumlib] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
LinuxForceFeedback.cpp
Linking lugreois

I'm not sure on how to slove this one,any ideas?
Regards,
STEVE555
My Box:
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX
Processor:AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 460 Processor
RAM:4 Gb
Graphics Card:ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU 1Gb RAM
Hardrive:Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"
Soundcard:Realtek
log0

Re: Problem with compiling Vegaogre

Post by log0 »

The most recent code is in: https://vegastrike.svn.sourceforge.net/ ... perimental

The data contains ogre bits only. You will need vs data too. I've been thinking about creating a proper branch, to simplify switching between trunk and branch.

Oh, data\techniques has to be revision 13295. Haven't synced latest trunk to branch yet.
STEVE555
Hunter
Hunter

Post by STEVE555 »

Hi there log0,
I've tried out the svn experimental branch of Vegastrike. I tried out the cmake method to build it this time,but I've ended up with an error with that too. I did alter the ogre cfg files a little so they could point to the latest downloaded version of ogre that is cmaked and installed into /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/include. Here is the error output I got:

Code: Select all

Scanning dependencies of target planetengine
[ 37%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/planetengine.dir/src/noisepp/utils/NoiseBuilders.o                                                                                                                      
[ 38%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/planetengine.dir/src/noisepp/utils/NoiseColourValue.o                                                                                                                   
[ 38%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/planetengine.dir/src/noisepp/utils/NoiseEndianUtils.o                                                                                                                   
[ 38%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/planetengine.dir/src/noisepp/utils/NoiseGradientRenderer.o                                                                                                              
[ 38%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/planetengine.dir/src/noisepp/utils/NoiseImage.o                                                                                                                         
[ 38%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/planetengine.dir/src/noisepp/utils/NoiseInStream.o                                                                                                                      
[ 39%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/planetengine.dir/src/noisepp/utils/NoiseJobQueue.o                                                                                                                      
[ 39%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/planetengine.dir/src/noisepp/utils/NoiseModules.o                                                                                                                       
[ 39%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/planetengine.dir/src/noisepp/utils/NoiseOutStream.o                                                                                                                     
[ 39%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/planetengine.dir/src/noisepp/utils/NoiseReader.o                                                                                                                        
[ 40%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/planetengine.dir/src/noisepp/utils/NoiseSystem.o                                                                                                                        
[ 40%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/planetengine.dir/src/noisepp/utils/NoiseWriter.o                                                                                                                        
[ 40%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/planetengine.dir/src/planet/OPDEMDataSource.o                                                                                                                           
[ 40%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/planetengine.dir/src/planet/OPGpuNoiseDataSource.o                                                                                                                      
[ 40%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/planetengine.dir/src/planet/OPHeightDataResourceLoader.o                                                                                                                
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPHeightDataResourceLoader.h: In constructor ‘OgrePlanet::HeightDataResourceLoader::HeightDataResourceLoader(OgrePlanet::DataSource&, int, Ogre::Vector3&, Ogre::Vector3&, int, std::vector<float>&, const std::vector<float>*, int)’:
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPHeightDataResourceLoader.h:64:16: warning: ‘OgrePlanet::HeightDataResourceLoader::mCache’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPHeightDataResourceLoader.h:57:13: warning:   ‘const int OgrePlanet::HeightDataResourceLoader::mQuads’ [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPHeightDataResourceLoader.cpp:28:2: warning:   when initialized here [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPHeightDataResourceLoader.h:62:25: warning: ‘OgrePlanet::HeightDataResourceLoader::mMax’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPHeightDataResourceLoader.h:58:13: warning:   ‘const int OgrePlanet::HeightDataResourceLoader::mPadding’ [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPHeightDataResourceLoader.cpp:28:2: warning:   when initialized here [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPHeightDataResourceLoader.h:58:13: warning: ‘OgrePlanet::HeightDataResourceLoader::mPadding’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPHeightDataResourceLoader.h:56:29: warning:   ‘std::vector<float>& OgrePlanet::HeightDataResourceLoader::mData’ [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPHeightDataResourceLoader.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void OgrePlanet::HeightDataResourceLoader::prepareResource(Ogre::Resource*)’:
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPHeightDataResourceLoader.cpp:182:75: warning: ‘endPos.Ogre::Vector2::y’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPHeightDataResourceLoader.cpp:181:75: warning: ‘endPos.Ogre::Vector2::x’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPHeightDataResourceLoader.cpp:182:75: warning: ‘startPos.Ogre::Vector2::y’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPHeightDataResourceLoader.cpp:181:75: warning: ‘startPos.Ogre::Vector2::x’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
[ 41%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/planetengine.dir/src/planet/OPIdentityDataSource.o
[ 41%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/planetengine.dir/src/planet/OPNoiseppDataSource.o                                                                                                                       
[ 41%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/planetengine.dir/src/planet/OPPatch.o                                                                                                                                   
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatch.h: In constructor ‘OgrePlanet::Patch::Patch(const String&, const String&, Ogre::SceneManager&, Ogre::SceneNode&, const Ogre::Vector3&, const Ogre::Vector3&, Ogre::Real, Ogre::Real, Ogre::Real, Ogre::Real, Ogre::Real, Ogre::Real, Ogre::Real, OgrePlanet::DataSource&, Ogre::RenderQueueGroupID, OgrePlanet::Side, OgrePlanet::Position, int, int, int, OgrePlanet::Patch*)’:
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatch.h:115:14: warning: ‘OgrePlanet::Patch::mTexYMax’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatch.h:105:14: warning:   ‘Ogre::Real OgrePlanet::Patch::mBaseRadius’ [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatch.cpp:91:2: warning:   when initialized here [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatch.h:107:14: warning: ‘OgrePlanet::Patch::mScalingFactor’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatch.h:93:16: warning:   ‘OgrePlanet::DataSource& OgrePlanet::Patch::mDataSource’ [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatch.cpp:91:2: warning:   when initialized here [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatch.h:108:28: warning: ‘OgrePlanet::Patch::mRenderQueue’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatch.h:102:18: warning:   ‘Ogre::Entity* OgrePlanet::Patch::mEntity’ [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatch.h:102:18: warning: ‘OgrePlanet::Patch::mEntity’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatch.h:92:7: warning:   ‘int OgrePlanet::Patch::mSubPatchesLoaded’ [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatch.h:118:11: warning: ‘OgrePlanet::Patch::mParent’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatch.h:100:21: warning:   ‘Ogre::SceneNode& OgrePlanet::Patch::mParentNode’ [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatch.cpp: In member function ‘void OgrePlanet::Patch::updateStitching()’:
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatch.cpp:556:17: warning: variable ‘stitch’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
[ 41%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/planetengine.dir/src/planet/OPPatchMeshLoader.o
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatchMeshLoader.h: In constructor ‘OgrePlanet::PatchMeshLoader::PatchMeshLoader(OgrePlanet::DataSource&, Ogre::Vector3&, Ogre::Vector3&, Ogre::Real, Ogre::Real, Ogre::Real, Ogre::Real, Ogre::Real, Ogre::Real, Ogre::AxisAlignedBox&, std::vector<float>&, const std::vector<float>*, int)’:
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatchMeshLoader.h:75:14: warning: ‘OgrePlanet::PatchMeshLoader::mTexYMax’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatchMeshLoader.h:69:20: warning:   ‘const Real OgrePlanet::PatchMeshLoader::mBaseRadius’ [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatchMeshLoader.cpp:671:2: warning:   when initialized here [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatchMeshLoader.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void OgrePlanet::PatchMeshLoader::prepareResource(Ogre::Resource*)’:
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatchMeshLoader.cpp:747:9: warning: unused variable ‘index’ [-Wunused-variable]
[ 41%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/planetengine.dir/src/planet/OPPlanet.o
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPlanet.h: In constructor ‘OgrePlanet::Planet::Planet(Ogre::SceneManager&, Ogre::SceneNode&, const String&, Ogre::Real, Ogre::Real, Ogre::Real, OgrePlanet::DataSource*)’:
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPlanet.h:62:24: warning: ‘OgrePlanet::Planet::mMgr’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPlanet.h:61:21: warning:   ‘Ogre::SceneNode& OgrePlanet::Planet::mSceneNode’ [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPlanet.cpp:30:2: warning:   when initialized here [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPlanet.h:70:16: warning: ‘OgrePlanet::Planet::mIdentityDataSource’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPlanet.h:68:7: warning:   ‘int OgrePlanet::Planet::mResolution’ [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPlanet.cpp:30:2: warning:   when initialized here [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPlanet.cpp: In member function ‘void OgrePlanet::Planet::Update(const Ogre::Vector3&, const Ogre::Vector3&)’:
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPlanet.cpp:409:15: warning: unused variable ‘scale’ [-Wunused-variable]
[ 42%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/planetengine.dir/src/planet/OPRawDataSource.o
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPRawDataSource.cpp: In member function ‘virtual Ogre::Real OgrePlanet::RawDataSource::getValue(const Ogre::Vector3&)’:                                          
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPRawDataSource.cpp:71:3: error: ‘BYTE’ was not declared in this scope
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPRawDataSource.cpp:71:8: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘p’
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPRawDataSource.cpp:73:10: error: ‘p’ was not declared in this scope
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPRawDataSource.cpp:65:14: warning: unused variable ‘x’ [-Wunused-variable]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPRawDataSource.cpp:66:14: warning: unused variable ‘y’ [-Wunused-variable]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPRawDataSource.cpp:74:2: warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/planetengine.dir/src/planet/OPRawDataSource.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/planetengine.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
Regards,
STEVE555
My Box:
Hardrive:Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"
log0

Post by log0 »

Can you try the latest rev?
STEVE555
Hunter
Hunter

Post by STEVE555 »

Hi there log0,
I've tried git pulling the git version of Vegaogre,but the revision has stayed the same. Can I ask if that version is still being maintained? as I do love git,and updating and compiling the git version of Vegaogre is very convenient.

I've svn updated the experimental version of Vegastrike. I ran svn update on both the data and vegastrike folders,only the vegastrike got updated from last night,which I knew,because I tried to compile using cmake-gui
(using autoconf is useless with this experimental version). The cmake-gui compile failed with these errors:

[ 40%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/planetengine.dir/src/planet/OPHeightDataResourceLoader.o                                                                                                                
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPHeightDataResourceLoader.h: In constructor ‘OgrePlanet::HeightDataResourceLoader::HeightDataResourceLoader(OgrePlanet::DataSource&, int, Ogre::Vector3&, Ogre::Vector3&, int, std::vector<float>&, const std::vector<float>*, int)’:
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPHeightDataResourceLoader.h:64:16: warning: ‘OgrePlanet::HeightDataResourceLoader::mCache’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPHeightDataResourceLoader.h:57:13: warning:   ‘const int OgrePlanet::HeightDataResourceLoader::mQuads’ [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPHeightDataResourceLoader.h:62:25: warning: ‘OgrePlanet::HeightDataResourceLoader::mMax’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPHeightDataResourceLoader.h:58:13: warning:   ‘const int OgrePlanet::HeightDataResourceLoader::mPadding’ [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPHeightDataResourceLoader.h:58:13: warning: ‘OgrePlanet::HeightDataResourceLoader::mPadding’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPHeightDataResourceLoader.h:56:29: warning:   ‘std::vector<float>& OgrePlanet::HeightDataResourceLoader::mData’ [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPHeightDataResourceLoader.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void OgrePlanet::HeightDataResourceLoader::prepareResource(Ogre::Resource*)’:
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPHeightDataResourceLoader.cpp:182:75: warning: ‘endPos.Ogre::Vector2::y’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPHeightDataResourceLoader.cpp:181:75: warning: ‘endPos.Ogre::Vector2::x’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPHeightDataResourceLoader.cpp:182:75: warning: ‘startPos.Ogre::Vector2::y’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPHeightDataResourceLoader.cpp:181:75: warning: ‘startPos.Ogre::Vector2::x’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
[ 41%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/planetengine.dir/src/planet/OPIdentityDataSource.o
[ 41%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/planetengine.dir/src/planet/OPNoiseppDataSource.o                                                                                                                       
[ 41%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/planetengine.dir/src/planet/OPPatch.o                                                                                                                                   
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatch.h: In constructor ‘OgrePlanet::Patch::Patch(const String&, const String&, Ogre::SceneManager&, Ogre::SceneNode&, const Ogre::Vector3&, const Ogre::Vector3&, Ogre::Real, Ogre::Real, Ogre::Real, Ogre::Real, Ogre::Real, Ogre::Real, Ogre::Real, OgrePlanet::DataSource&, Ogre::RenderQueueGroupID, OgrePlanet::Side, OgrePlanet::Position, int, int, int, OgrePlanet::Patch*)’:
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatch.h:115:14: warning: ‘OgrePlanet::Patch::mTexYMax’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatch.h:105:14: warning:   ‘Ogre::Real OgrePlanet::Patch::mBaseRadius’ [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatch.h:107:14: warning: ‘OgrePlanet::Patch::mScalingFactor’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatch.h:93:16: warning:   ‘OgrePlanet::DataSource& OgrePlanet::Patch::mDataSource’ [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatch.h:108:28: warning: ‘OgrePlanet::Patch::mRenderQueue’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatch.h:102:18: warning:   ‘Ogre::Entity* OgrePlanet::Patch::mEntity’ [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatch.h:102:18: warning: ‘OgrePlanet::Patch::mEntity’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatch.h:92:7: warning:   ‘int OgrePlanet::Patch::mSubPatchesLoaded’ [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatch.h:118:11: warning: ‘OgrePlanet::Patch::mParent’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatch.h:100:21: warning:   ‘Ogre::SceneNode& OgrePlanet::Patch::mParentNode’ [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatch.cpp: In member function ‘void OgrePlanet::Patch::updateStitching()’:
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatch.cpp:556:17: warning: variable ‘stitch’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
[ 41%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/planetengine.dir/src/planet/OPPatchMeshLoader.o
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatchMeshLoader.h: In constructor ‘OgrePlanet::PatchMeshLoader::PatchMeshLoader(OgrePlanet::DataSource&, Ogre::Vector3&, Ogre::Vector3&, Ogre::Real, Ogre::Real, Ogre::Real, Ogre::Real, Ogre::Real, Ogre::Real, Ogre::AxisAlignedBox&, std::vector<float>&, const std::vector<float>*, int)’:
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatchMeshLoader.h:75:14: warning: ‘OgrePlanet::PatchMeshLoader::mTexYMax’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatchMeshLoader.h:69:20: warning:   ‘const Real OgrePlanet::PatchMeshLoader::mBaseRadius’ [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatchMeshLoader.cpp:671:2: warning:   when initialized here [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatchMeshLoader.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void OgrePlanet::PatchMeshLoader::prepareResource(Ogre::Resource*)’:
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPatchMeshLoader.cpp:747:9: warning: unused variable ‘index’ [-Wunused-variable]
[ 41%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/planetengine.dir/src/planet/OPPlanet.o
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPlanet.h: In constructor ‘OgrePlanet::Planet::Planet(Ogre::SceneManager&, Ogre::SceneNode&, const String&, Ogre::Real, Ogre::Real, Ogre::Real, OgrePlanet::DataSource*)’:
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPlanet.h:62:24: warning: ‘OgrePlanet::Planet::mMgr’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPlanet.h:61:21: warning:   ‘Ogre::SceneNode& OgrePlanet::Planet::mSceneNode’ [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPlanet.h:70:16: warning: ‘OgrePlanet::Planet::mIdentityDataSource’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPlanet.h:68:7: warning:   ‘int OgrePlanet::Planet::mResolution’ [-Wreorder]
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPlanet.cpp: In member function ‘void OgrePlanet::Planet::Update(const Ogre::Vector3&, const Ogre::Vector3&)’:
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/planet/OPPlanet.cpp:409:15: warning: unused variable ‘scale’ [-Wunused-variable]
[ 42%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/planetengine.dir/src/planet/OPRawDataSource.o
[ 42%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/planetengine.dir/src/planet/OPUtil.o                                                                                                                                    
[ 42%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/planetengine.dir/src/vsogre.o                                                                                                                                           
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/vsogre.cpp: In function ‘bool VSOgre::DeletePlanet(const string&)’:                                                                                                     
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/vsogre.cpp:287:26: error: no matching function for call to ‘std::map<std::basic_string<char>, OgrePlanet::Planet*>::erase(std::map<std::basic_string<char>, OgrePlanet::Planet*>::const_iterator&)’
/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/vsogre.cpp:287:26: note: candidates are:
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-redhat-linux/4.6.2/../../../../include/c++/4.6.2/bits/stl_map.h:627:7: note: void std::map<_Key, _Tp, _Compare, _Alloc>::erase(std::map<_Key, _Tp, _Compare, _Alloc>::iterator) [with _Key = std::basic_string<char>, _Tp = OgrePlanet::Planet*, _Compare = std::less<std::basic_string<char> >, _Alloc = std::allocator<std::pair<const std::basic_string<char>, OgrePlanet::Planet*> >, std::map<_Key, _Tp, _Compare, _Alloc>::iterator = std::_Rb_tree_iterator<std::pair<const std::basic_string<char>, OgrePlanet::Planet*> >]
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-redhat-linux/4.6.2/../../../../include/c++/4.6.2/bits/stl_map.h:627:7: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘std::map<std::basic_string<char>, OgrePlanet::Planet*>::const_iterator {aka std::_Rb_tree_const_iterator<std::pair<const std::basic_string<char>, OgrePlanet::Planet*> >}’ to ‘std::_Rb_tree_iterator<std::pair<const std::basic_string<char>, OgrePlanet::Planet*> >’
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-redhat-linux/4.6.2/../../../../include/c++/4.6.2/bits/stl_map.h:643:7: note: std::map<_Key, _Tp, _Compare, _Alloc>::size_type std::map<_Key, _Tp, _Compare, _Alloc>::erase(const key_type&) [with _Key = std::basic_string<char>, _Tp = OgrePlanet::Planet*, _Compare = std::less<std::basic_string<char> >, _Alloc = std::allocator<std::pair<const std::basic_string<char>, OgrePlanet::Planet*> >, std::map<_Key, _Tp, _Compare, _Alloc>::size_type = unsigned int, std::map<_Key, _Tp, _Compare, _Alloc>::key_type = std::basic_string<char>]
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-redhat-linux/4.6.2/../../../../include/c++/4.6.2/bits/stl_map.h:643:7: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘std::map<std::basic_string<char>, OgrePlanet::Planet*>::const_iterator {aka std::_Rb_tree_const_iterator<std::pair<const std::basic_string<char>, OgrePlanet::Planet*> >}’ to ‘const key_type& {aka const std::basic_string<char>&}’
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-redhat-linux/4.6.2/../../../../include/c++/4.6.2/bits/stl_map.h:677:7: note: void std::map<_Key, _Tp, _Compare, _Alloc>::erase(std::map<_Key, _Tp, _Compare, _Alloc>::iterator, std::map<_Key, _Tp, _Compare, _Alloc>::iterator) [with _Key = std::basic_string<char>, _Tp = OgrePlanet::Planet*, _Compare = std::less<std::basic_string<char> >, _Alloc = std::allocator<std::pair<const std::basic_string<char>, OgrePlanet::Planet*> >, std::map<_Key, _Tp, _Compare, _Alloc>::iterator = std::_Rb_tree_iterator<std::pair<const std::basic_string<char>, OgrePlanet::Planet*> >]
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-redhat-linux/4.6.2/../../../../include/c++/4.6.2/bits/stl_map.h:677:7: note:   candidate expects 2 arguments, 1 provided
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/planetengine.dir/src/vsogre.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/planetengine.dir/all] Error 2

I hope someone can help me.
Regards,
STEVE555
My Box:
log0

Post by log0 »

STEVE555 my requests are related to the experimental branch. The bugs you are running into are simple portability issues. Obviously ms stl differs from gcc implementation and I haven't had time to compile the branch under linux yet.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

This one is simple:

/home/steve/VegaStrike/vegastrike/src/vsogre.cpp:287:26: error: no matching function for call to ‘std::map<std::basic_string<char>, OgrePlanet::Planet*>::erase(std::map<std::basic_string<char>, OgrePlanet::Planet*>::const_iterator&)’
You're trying to delete an item for which you only have a "constant" (ie: read-only) iterator. Any proper STL won't let you. I'd classify this as a bug on your STL (that it lets you). The fix is simple: use a regular (non-const) iterator.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
log0

Post by log0 »

Actually it has been identified as a defect in c++ spec. C++0x(C++11) allows erasing/inserting with const_iterators. I guess vs enables some C++0x stuff by default.