Planetary Flight: Terrain & landscaping

The point of no return for both Ogre ports. Permanent links will be stickied on top with current information of each port (Lua and Python)

Moderators: ghoulsblade2, strook

pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Planetary Flight: Terrain & landscaping

Post by pheonixstorm »

This was brought up in the unit settings thread before I could create a thread covering it, so you can reference it here

Something else I figure we will have to look into eventually will be how we want to design the cityscapes and various topographical features of any given world as well as what kind and how many textures we will need to have at out desposal. How detailed do we really want to make the planets? Are we going to render complete forest? Are we going to model and generate large cities and spaceports? What about rivers/oceans? Or even other terrain such as canyons?

We are still a long way off from begint his far into seamless planetary flight, but I figure now is as good a time as any to get the discussion started.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
Hicks
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Re: Planetary Flight: Terrain & landscaping

Post by Hicks »

Will there be an option to get out of your ships and walk around? will there be other vehicles(cars etc) available for use? There is a possiblity to expand this game past the space (although it could still be the main focus), just to give players the option to do something else for a bit. Of course if we want to implement this (i am for it but i'm no the one doing the coding) we would need a bit more detail in the planets. I hope we at least can have bases we can walk around.