CVS on Ubuntu 7.10

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
drinkypoo
Hunter
Hunter

CVS on Ubuntu 7.10

Post by drinkypoo »

Okay, CVS is working fine. on my first try. I had to take arts out of my .openalrc (I don't know why it was there, I must have put it there? anyway) but after that all is well. Here are some thoughts on the build process and instructions:

1) I Read both howto checkout svn and howto compile from svn. Both mention data5.x which does not seem to exist at all.

2) Both documents also mention soundserver, which does not seem to exist. 'make soundserver' just tells me it's an unknown target. Is there a soundserver any more?

3) on the howto compile page the list of required packages is somewhat incomplete. it needs added to it at least libexpat-dev, libgtk12-dev. Maybe more, but I didn't keep track, sorry :( GTK 1.2 is discussed on the howto download but not on howto compile.

Many thanks for widescreen support. Playing at 1024x768 on my 1680x1050 panel was annoying.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Glad you had no problems and that should be SVN subversion the CVS repository is dead. data5.x does exists but contains the data for the OGRE framework.
2) And yes the soundserver is no more depreciated after the move to openal for the music

3)libexpat-dev yes but not libgtk12-dev as the setup app now uses GTK 2.0 this also drops the necessity for the compatibility libs as well

Lots of changes that are not documented :shock: but if you have the time,skill and the inclination feel free to update the wiki 8)

we can thank www2 for the wide screen support it was just a matter of trying out new config file values and adding them to the setup app

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2