Compiling probs - Ubuntu Gutsy, 5.0 beta

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
Ygarl
Merchant
Merchant

Compiling probs - Ubuntu Gutsy, 5.0 beta

Post by Ygarl »

Hello, all.

./config seemed to go ok, and I didn't get any warnings...
During make however:

Code: Select all

zonemgr.cpp:(.text+0x2cc4): undefined reference to `Unit::getStarSystem()'
src/networking/zonemgr.o: In function `ZoneMgr::removeClient(boost::shared_ptr<Client>)':
zonemgr.cpp:(.text+0x3351): undefined reference to `Unit::Kill(bool, bool)'
src/faction_util_server.o: In function `Faction::~Faction()':
faction_util_server.cpp:(.text+0x2d3): undefined reference to `Unit::Kill(bool, bool)'
src/faction_util_server.o: In function `Faction::~Faction()':
faction_util_server.cpp:(.text+0x52d): undefined reference to `Unit::Kill(bool, bool)'
src/universe_util_server.o: In function `UniverseUtil::loadGame(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)':
universe_util_server.cpp:(.text+0x41f): undefined reference to `Unit::Destroy()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [vegaserver] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ygarl/vegastrike'
make: *** [all] Error 2
I attached my config.log as well, but as far as I can see, it's trying to refer to something which doesn't exist. Now, I'm fairly au fait with compilation but I don't know what it's looking for here. Doesn't seem to be a dependency issue - especially as it's gotten quite a way down to finishing ./make

Any ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
That which can be imagined can be achieved.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Which revision number was that Ygarl i got a clean build of svn 11665 myself this morning.ace123 will most likely be by later and have a look seeing he wrote the code in question he should know what the problem is in the mean time you can still play as vegaserver is only needed if you are running your own MP sever :wink: So how's the Gibbon as yours is the first post i have seen of someone using it.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Every one of those errors points to a corrupt unit_generic.o

Can you try a simple:
rm src/cmd/unit_generic.o

then, run "make" again which will regenerate unit_generic.o

If everything fails you will have to do a "make clean" then a "make".