Requesting up to date mesher.exe

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Requesting up to date mesher.exe

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Mesher from data4.x and data5.x doesn't work. I was trying to compile it, but I misplaced the VC8 cd, and without it it won't open vc6 or vc7 project, workspace or solution files. Trying to set up my own solution for mesher is proving to be no solution: For instance, it's looking for a config.h, but a search of my svn folder finds 168 config.h's...
Could someone compile a "good" mesher, without glut or whatever dependencies, and commit it to svn? It will be much appreciated.
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

the mesher in svn is up to date and doesn't have such dependencies...
I built it in vc7 using the provided project with issue.

I have no clue why it fails to operate for you
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

It used to be that just typing "mesher" without arguments displayed the syntax. But nowadays it fails. Is that by design? Just running mesher from the command line it says "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

Could other people test mesher from data4.x svn, see if I'm the only one having trouble?
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

You can get help on the parameters by "mesher --help". However, that segfault sounds like an old bug that is fixed on the ogre_branch - which has the most up-to-date mesher. You perhaps would like to try the ogre_branch, or try with --help.
I'm mostly developing on linux now, otherwise I'd send/commit a newer mesher.exe. Perhaps in a while I can set up VC8 on my recently formatted windows.
The mesher in the ogre_branch, however, does not show anything when invoked without parameters. I had to make it do that to quickly fix a bug with helptext showing twice. However, it's not by design, I might fix that eventually (but you can imagine how low-priority it is ;) )
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Ehm... Where is it? I go to,
https://vegastrike.svn.sourceforge.net/ ... re_branch/
and there's a data6.x folder, but the bin folder doesn't have mesher.exe.
(There's so many repos in vs svn there could be chatbot ai, virtual tour guides in a vrml representation of the place... :D)
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

:lol:

It's not in binary form, it has to be compiled, it's in
https://vegastrike.svn.sourceforge.net/ ... onv/mesher
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe