Making 11224 - saw these, thought I´d post

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
T113
Trader
Trader

Making 11224 - saw these, thought I´d post

Post by T113 »

Hello all, first time poster. Was having the ´Unit´ problem with 11220, so updated to 11224, which appears to have configured correctly. Kubuntu Feisty, All the latest updates, installed all the dependencies per the various instructions.

Anyway, saw the following messages during ´make vegastrike´ (as directed on http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/wiki/ ... eckout_SVN , While http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/wiki/ ... e_from_SVN simply states to ´make´)

Didn´t know if these were bad or not, so thought I´d post them:

src/cmd/ai/navigation.cpp: In constructor ‘Orders::FormUp::FormUp(const QVector&)’:
src/cmd/ai/navigation.cpp:530: warning: large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type
src/cmd/ai/navigation.cpp: In constructor ‘Orders::FormUpToOwner::FormUpToOwner(const QVector&)’:
src/cmd/ai/navigation.cpp:567: warning: large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type

and later:

src/cmd/unit_generic.cpp: In member function ‘bool Unit::UpAndDownGrade(const Unit*, const Unit*, int, int, bool, bool, int, bool, double&, const Unit*, bool, bool)’:
src/cmd/unit_generic.cpp:7607: warning: converting to ‘unsigned char’ from ‘double’
src/cmd/unit_generic.cpp:7617: warning: converting to ‘int’ from ‘double’
src/cmd/unit_generic.cpp:7770: warning: converting to ‘char’ from ‘double’
src/cmd/unit_generic.cpp:7785: warning: converting to ‘char’ from ‘double’

also:

In file included from src/cmd/collide/prapid.cpp:68:
src/cmd/collide/garray.h:142:1: warning: "CS_DECLARE_GROWING_ARRAY_REF" redefined
In file included from src/cmd/collide/prapid.cpp:63:
src/cmd/collide/cs_compat.h:80:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition

and:

src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp: In function ‘void blutLoadWAVMemory(ALbyte*, ALenum*, ALvoid**, ALsizei*, ALsizei*, ALboolean*)’:
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:141: warning: ignoring return value of ‘void* realloc(void*, size_t)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result

and:

src/cmd/ai/firekeyboard.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void FireKeyboard::Execute()’:
src/cmd/ai/firekeyboard.cpp:1794: warning: passing ‘float’ for argument 4 to ‘void DoDockingOps(Unit*, Unit*, unsigned char, unsigned char)’
src/cmd/ai/firekeyboard.cpp:2219: warning: passing ‘float’ for argument 5 to ‘CommunicationMessage::CommunicationMessage(Unit*, Unit*, int, std::vector<Animation*, std::allocator<Animation*> >*, unsigned char)’
src/cmd/ai/firekeyboard.cpp:2234: warning: passing ‘float’ for argument 6 to ‘CommunicationMessage::CommunicationMessage(Unit*, Unit*, const CommunicationMessage&, int, std::vector<Animation*, std::allocator<Animation*> >*, unsigned char)’

Anyway, didn´t know if these were critical or not, but if they help someone, great, thought I´d post ´em.

make´s finished now, and I hear coffee calling me.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome T113 having similar problems my self with yesterdays pull there should be some fixes later today i hope those are new functions i believe.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2