rpm?

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
claudius

rpm?

Post by claudius »

Hi Forum,
I just wanted to ask you, if there's an rpm for vegastrike, where you don't have to compile anything - at the moment I'm using a distro where compiling isn't preinstalled.
Thanx you very much for your help and your time,
claudius
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

we're working on debs and rpms

I still can't figure out how to build this .deb :-(
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
peteyg
Elite
Elite

Post by peteyg »

Aren't there Debian monkeys that do nothing but build .debs? Make it known we have a new release on the Debian forums, or something.
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

you can use the makerelease.bash script I did a while ago for the release....instructions are written inside it...if you have your mandrake box with of course :-)

Dan.a

Post by Guest »

Hey Guys, first of all thanx very much for your answers! :-)

At the moment I'm using JAMD (a 100 % Redhat 9 compatible distro) - will redhat be o.k. for the makerelease.bash script, dandandaman? If yes: I couldn't find it anywhere - where can I get it?
thanx again,
claudius
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

redhat 9 should be fine (I have redhat 8)...but I just noticed that you said that you have no devel stuff installed :-/
makerelease.bash is intended to make a complete release from the cvs modules, ie compiling from source and creating rpms....so if you don't have any devel stuff then it is unusable :-(

but if you do, it is here:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/view ... text/plain

if you do manage to build it and you have the bandwidth to spare, please post back about uploading your rpms :-)

Dan.a