Win Xp - Data4 - Almost Worked - I think I'm hosed now....

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
jasonpsage
Trader
Trader

Win Xp - Data4 - Almost Worked - I think I'm hosed now....

Post by jasonpsage »

Hello again,

Running the SVN bin directory - With .Net 2 frame work - ALMOST WORKED! No Compile necessary! Woo Hoo - I was so excited - until the main form froze during loading - the music stopped. I was forced to end the task (tried a few times with fingers crossed...) And then I had to shut down two instances of soundserver.exe.

So I "refresh" or more prrecisely - Tortoise "Update" (2007-04-11) the data4 directory and the music directory. There were some changes. I was hopeful - run vegastrike.exe (and the launcher and config) Both times - Different Issue. I got a windows dialog that said "The application has tried to invoke the C++ lib incorrectly. Contact your software vendor"

Then I figure PERHAPS - (guessing) I need .Net Version 3 Framework maybe. I installed that - same error.

Am I all done? Stuck on 0.4.3? Any suggestions?

I'm sorry to ask for a hand hold... I'm just looking forward to the latest is all.

I did read somewhere that time compression is now depreciated? That worries me... burt that is another post.

Thanx in advance!
Jason P Sage
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

I think that you need vegastrike.exec.manifest i have added it as an attachment to this post as for the reasons for this http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... php?t=8467

Time Compression is not gone same as always it can cause a crash if used aggressively :wink:

what to do with the manifest remove the txt extension and drop it into the bin folder

Enjoy the Choice :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
jasonpsage
Trader
Trader

Progress - Thanx

Post by jasonpsage »

The Form Came Up, Its loading I think... I saw the pic, as I type this I hear wonderful music playing....

I'll keep you posted. Thank you Again!
Jason

--My Edit---

I'm in Cephid dock! Looks like I'm off to a good start.

NOTE: I saw your link about the discussion on the manefest thing... I'm a developer - BTW - and I have been using linux or platform independant stuff like FreePascal because I hate the Microsoft Gloat - and believe in portable binary versus portable script for performance etc.

I COULD NOT BELIEVE how bad microsoft is getting with their oprganization of code etc. I saw an article on how they are trying to woo developers.

I hear Vista is not all that - (big surprise) - I really like Linux more and more - and kudos to Macintosh tfor at least adopting a real OS framework more or less.
ugh

Thank for the Help Loki - this did the trick! (This means you can't even have a regular EXE file anymore - and that the only way anything will be EXE for real - Sooner or later on microsoft - is if its written to compile to their secret "pcode" or whatever layer is under (vc++, vb.net, c#..etc) ugh.

Jason P Sage... Time to play!