WinXP - Not Compiling for me - I'm sure I'm missing somethin

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
jasonpsage
Trader
Trader

WinXP - Not Compiling for me - I'm sure I'm missing somethin

Post by jasonpsage »

Hello.

I've installed tortoise, and did the steps from the wiki page to get all the source code in a dir I named SVN like recommended.

I installed the MS Platform SDK for WinServer 2003 SP1
I Installed VC++ 2005 Express Edition.

When I compile it says it can't find the Windows.h file among others.

I ran the SDK batch program or Environment Variable Setter batch program for "retail Win xp 32 bit"

Any suggestions?

I have the full blown 2003 .net I want to install for other things - but I want to compile Vega First if possible.

I really want to try the updated version even if ogre isn't in the engine. Frankly the game is pretty cool now - just want to lose some bugs in 0.4.3 that I have read have been fixed.

Perhaps someone has a compiled bin I can place in my downloaded Tortoise SVN directory of VegaStrike source code etc. and it will run like that. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanx in advance!
Jason P Sage
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

@jasonpsage have you got the data4.x module and the music one they are all you need check the bin folder of data4.x you should find everything there including all the execs and dlls and the current exec works if you have .NET 2.0 or higher

Enjoy the Choice:)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
jasonpsage
Trader
Trader

THANX! That Did It!

Post by jasonpsage »

Woo Hoo!
Loki is Okie Doki with me!

thanx Man!
Jason

[Edit] This almost Worked... going to post a new Thread