SVN in OSX... still

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
Lonestar
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

SVN in OSX... still

Post by Lonestar »

Hello. Thought I'd take another crack at compiling the latest on OSX. I'm running 10.4.9, with gcc 4.0.1, and all the latest libs from fink, latest openal for osx, etc. I got through most of the errors, but here is one I am stuck on:

Code: Select all

source='src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp' object='src/aldrv/vegastrike-al_sound.o' libtool=no \
depfile='src/aldrv/.deps/vegastrike-al_sound.Po' tmpdepfile='src/aldrv/.deps/vegastrike-al_sound.TPo' \
depmode=gcc3 /bin/sh ./depcomp \
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.   -I./boost/1_33  -Wno-long-double -I/sw/include  -DHAVE_SDL=1 -DSDL_WINDOWING=1  -I/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4.0.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Libraries/CIncludes     -DHAVE_AL=1 -I/Library/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework/Headers -I/sw/include -I/sw/include -DHAVE_OGG   -I/sw/include/python2.4 -DHAVE_PYTHON=1   -I./src  -DBISON -g -O2 -I/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4.0.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Libraries/CIncludes -pipe  -falign-loops=2 -falign-jumps=2 -falign-functions=2  -I/sw/include/SDL -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT -pipe -c -o src/aldrv/vegastrike-al_sound.o `test -f 'src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp' || echo './'`src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/TextCommon.h: In function 'Boolean UCIsSurrogateHighCharacter(UniChar)':
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/TextCommon.h:1065: error: '<anonymous enum>' is/uses anonymous type
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/TextCommon.h:1065: error:   trying to instantiate 'template<class _Tp> struct std::less'
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/TextCommon.h: In function 'Boolean UCIsSurrogateLowCharacter(UniChar)':
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/TextCommon.h:1076: error: '<anonymous enum>' is/uses anonymous type
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/TextCommon.h:1076: error:   trying to instantiate 'template<class _Tp> struct std::less'
make[1]: *** [src/aldrv/vegastrike-al_sound.o] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
SpaceBallOne:~/vegastrike/vegastrike jso$
==========
Lonestar
==========
"Not if we jam it! Down scope!"
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Re: SVN in OSX... still

Post by Shissui »

Some first things to check --

Code: Select all

-I/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4.0.sdk/...
XCode will install the 10.4 SDK in "/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/"
Have you, perhaps, moved it?

Did you compile OpenAL from source? If you have an Intel processor, then you must compile it -- the packaged framework is a PPC only binary.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works in Theory.
Lonestar
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Lonestar »

No, my libs are in 10.4.0.sdk, and I am on PPC. The universal libs are in 10.4.0u.sdk. I have had absolutely NO luck using them for anything.

The openal libs I'm using are from the openal site, the latest dmg they had as of yesterday afternoon. I'm using those because the ones that come with osx don't include alut.h or alext.h (can't remember which; maybe both) and compiling fails on the missing files (although configure doesn't seem to catch that).
==========
Lonestar
==========
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

If you don't mind editing your system headers, here's one page that describes your problem:
http://paste.lisp.org/display/8993
Make sure to keep backups of what you modify.

Basically you just need to put "int(...)" around the names of the enum members on the lines with errors.
i.e. change:
varOne = 1 << varTwo
to
varOne = 1 << int(varTwo)
I don't know if you want to follow this... you might want to try a different version of GCC if it's possible, or see if there's an update that fixes the problem.
Lonestar
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Lonestar »

That's scary. I think I'll try with gcc 3.3 :)
==========
Lonestar
==========