SVN compile does not find GLUT

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
funkyade
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

SVN compile does not find GLUT

Post by funkyade »

Hi,

Trying to compile current SVN version, and ./configure is failing with the following error -

Code: Select all

checking for glut32 library... no
checking for glut library... no
configure: error: GLUT library not found or too old version. 3.7 (beta) or later required.
I DO have GLUT installed and it is 3.7 (or later!) - installed from ubuntu repositories. I have both freeGLUT and GLUT dev packages installed, is there some sort of conflict here?

I am using Ubuntu 6.06 and as far as I know have all the requisite libs installed...

Any suggestions appreciated, but will post back if I fix it myself.

EDIT: added listing of files installed by freeglut and glut packages that I have.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zeog
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Zeog »

There is the bug in the configure script that it reports a missing GLUT library although a different library is missing.
The config log says: "/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXmu"

Try installing the "libxmu-dev" package and repeat. If the error comes again, look for a similar error line. Maybe then it's the "Xi" library missing.
funkyade

Post by funkyade »

Yep, installing libxmu-dev and libxmu-headers packages fixed this error. :)

Thanks. VS now configures correctly.

Just curious, but, is there a list of the dependencies required to compile vegastrike available anywhere or should I just have a look through the header files? :?: