SharedPool.cpp missing from accountserver deps

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
pmx
Explorer
Explorer

SharedPool.cpp missing from accountserver deps

Post by pmx »

Hi all,

compiling svn 10724 on a Debian Linux i686, SharedPool.cpp is missing from the accountserver dependencies. Anybody else got the problem ?
A very small patch is attached
As usually, to apply the patch (unix style):
cd vegastrike
patch -p0 < trunk_vegastrike_pmx_toplevel_10724.diff

NOTE:
The patch also prevents the invocation of flex or bison on the src/cmd/script/c_alike stuff. It happens when make think that that the C++ files needs to be regenerated This old code seem to have been be disabled by hand (superseded by pure XML config scripts ??? ). Recent flex and bison don't compile it.
(I actually fixed the bison/flex parser and the accompanying validation program, until I realized that it was unused in the game ;-) This fix is not included in the patch, as it's pointless ).

---
pmx
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Your patch does not seem to be attached...

I'm not sure why that old code is still being compiled...
perhaps I'll look at getting rid of all of the flex/bison scripts since they definitely are not being used any more.

Also, the accountserver is deprecated, so that may be why it does not include SharedPool.cpp in its dependencies
pmx
Explorer
Explorer

Post by pmx »

ace123 wrote:Your patch does not seem to be attached...

I'm not sure why that old code is still being compiled...
perhaps I'll look at getting rid of all of the flex/bison scripts since they definitely are not being used any more.

Also, the accountserver is deprecated, so that may be why it does not include SharedPool.cpp in its dependencies
I'm new to the VS code, and it's not that easy to track unused code ;-).

For my information : plaing VS requires only a "make vegastrike" , "make vslauncher" and "make soundserver" ?

I hope the little patch will be there this time ... (I seens that the .diff extension was silently rejected)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pmx
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Thanks for your patch.

I decided to fix it the easier way by disabling lex comptletly.

It was only used for our C-alike scripts before we moved to python, so that lex stuff hasn't been used for a long time.