./configure can't find gcc

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
Catty Nebulart
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

./configure can't find gcc

Post by Catty Nebulart »

I have gcc installed but configure claims i can't find it. How can I make it work?

(output of gcc -v to check that I do have it installed)

Catty@Compchan:~/Game Installers/vegastrike stuff/vegastrike/vegastrike$ gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: x86_64-linux-gnu
Configured with: ../src/configure -v --enable-languages=c,c++,java,f95,objc,ada,treelang --prefix=/usr --enable-shared --with-system-zlib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --enable-nls --program-suffix=-4.0 --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-java-awt=gtk-default --enable-gtk-cairo --with-java-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.4.2-gcj-4.0-1.4.2.0/jre --enable-mpfr --disable-werror --enable-checking=release x86_64-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.0.3 (Ubuntu 4.0.3-1ubuntu5)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

./configure: line 1609: g++: command not found
Make sure that you have the g++ C++ compiler.
Just having gcc (only the C complier) isn't going to help.

If you have g++ installed already, paste the output of g++ -v
Catty Nebulart
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Catty Nebulart »

for some reason g++ doesn't work even though g++ in installed. g++-3.4 however works. Should I do the same for all the other things it asks for?

Catty@Compchan:~$ g++-3.4 -v
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/3.4.6/specs
Configured with: ../src/configure -v --enable-languages=c,c++,f77,pascal --prefix=/usr --libexecdir=/usr/lib --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/3.4 --enable-shared --with-system-zlib --enable-nls --without-included-gettext --program-suffix=-3.4 --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug x86_64-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.4.6 (Ubuntu 3.4.6-1ubuntu2)