sound but no music with ALSA -- solved

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

sound but no music with ALSA -- solved

Post by pyramid »

When starting VS I get the following message:

ALSA lib confmisc.c:560:(snd_determine_driver) could not open control for card 2
ALSA lib conf.c:2700:(snd_config_hooks_call) function snd_config_hook_load_for_all_cards returned error: Inappropriate ioctl for device
ALSA lib pcm.c:1980:(snd_pcm_open_conf) Invalid type for PCM default definition (id: default, value: cards.pcm.default)
xyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwMix_OpenAudio
: Could not open requested file.
xyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwMix_OpenAudio
: Could not open requested file.
xyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzw

Any idea what might be the cause and how I can improve this?
Sound works fine.
Last edited by pyramid on Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zeog
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Zeog »

Hmm, the soundserver executable looks for the music directory in "../music". Try moving you executables ot the music directory.
Does that fix it or is it the other errors?

For me the setup from the SVN howto worked.
Last night I dreamed I ate an eight pound marshmallow. This morning my pillow was gone. Where is my pillow?
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by pyramid »

The problem seems to have been my audio drivers went berserk somehow. After reinstalling and recompiling everything works fine.