trouble with OpenAL on osx

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
maddanio
Trader
Trader

trouble with OpenAL on osx

Post by maddanio »

Hi,

For me the last svn builds pretty much fine (the only troubles I had where pointing it to my installation of Python), but starting gives me a segv in the function that loads the wav file in the aldriver. I tried all versions of OpenAL for the mac I could find and also tried switching off the fix thats defined in the aldriver for osx, but always the same.

Sorry I can't give you a more detailed crash log, but the last time I tried I didn't get one because vs catches the signal or so it seems and just exits, and gdb doesn't help coz I won't get out of fullscreen :) (and I couldn't get it to start windowed...).

Anyone had this problem before?
--------------
Daniel Oberhoff
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

Nope, but haven't built svn in a while. This weekend should see some activity wrt mac stuff :-)

Dan
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
-- Pablo Picasso
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Use the Vega Strike Setup application (opens with terminal unless you have X11 installed).
There should be an option somewhere to changew to Windowed mode.

Then, GDB should work without crashing the Mac.

If you cannot find it, you will have to edit your vegastrike.config file and make fullscreen set to "false". There's some documentation on how to do this, but the using the setup is easier to do.
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

I have SDL problems on my end atm ... gotta get them resolved first :-)

Dan
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
-- Pablo Picasso