CVS gives me a headache

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
Link
Merchant
Merchant

CVS gives me a headache

Post by Link »

So, basically, I decided to do a new CVS compile, since VS died after upgrading ALUT. Now, this is what I get:

Code: Select all

$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/games/vegastrike-reinstall --with-data-dir=/usr/local/games/vegastrike-reinstall/data-dir >>configure_output
[Link@kbl-gs7124 vegastrike]$ make >>make_output objconv/MeshParse/template_generator.cpp: In function ‘void UnitBeginElement(const std::string&, const XMLSupport::AttributeList&, XML*)’:
objconv/MeshParse/template_generator.cpp:672: error: incomplete type ‘Unit’ used in nested name specifier
objconv/MeshParse/template_generator.cpp:672: error: expected `;' before ‘elem’
objconv/MeshParse/template_generator.cpp:673: error: incomplete type ‘Unit’ used in nested name specifier
objconv/MeshParse/template_generator.cpp:673: error: expected `;' before ‘top’
objconv/MeshParse/template_generator.cpp:787: error: ‘elem’ was not declared in this scope
objconv/MeshParse/template_generator.cpp:788: error: incomplete type ‘Unit’ used in nested name specifier
objconv/MeshParse/template_generator.cpp:792: error: incomplete type ‘Unit’ used in nested name specifier
objconv/MeshParse/template_generator.cpp:793: error: incomplete type ‘Unit’ used in nested name specifier
objconv/MeshParse/template_generator.cpp:799: error: incomplete type ‘Unit’ used in nested name specifier
objconv/MeshParse/template_generator.cpp:801: error: incomplete type ‘Unit’ used in nested name specifier
objconv/MeshParse/template_generator.cpp:802: error: incomplete type ‘Unit’ used in nested name specifier
objconv/MeshParse/template_generator.cpp: In function ‘void UnitEndElement(const std::string&, XML*)’:
objconv/MeshParse/template_generator.cpp:850: warning: converting to ‘int’ from ‘float’
make[1]: *** [objconv/MeshParse/mesh_xml-template_generator.o] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
Note for the attachments: I had to rename the extensionless files to [file].txt to attach.

I really don't feel like ditching this download, since it took me HOURS to get it (the stupid server kept throwing errors in my face - note to self: DDoS sf.net CVS server).

Also;
gcc --version

Code: Select all

gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.0.2 20051125 (Red Hat 4.0.2-8)
Copyright (C) 2005 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Running Fedora Core 4.

//Link - Grr.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Link dev moved to SVN a couple of weeks ago the URL for the new repository is https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/vegastrike/trunk i have found that the SVN sever is more reliable than CVS here is a link to the announcement http://sourceforge.net/svn/?group_id=19507 there is link on the page so that you can browse the repo hope this helps.

Enjoy the Choice :)
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

Hey wait, if that's your only error then the vegastrike binary and soundserver binary should already be built (they are all you need!!!)

Check for src/vegastrike and src/networking/soundserver

If they're there, you're set

Dan
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
-- Pablo Picasso
Link
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Link »

Nope, neither are there :( .

Are the versions in svn newer than the latest CVS ones? If so, I'll check it out, but otherwise, more downloads = more time + bandwidth wasted.

//Link - Bah.
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

Nothing major has changed in svn, so don't worry about that.

Try a 'make -k' and see what pops out built, if anything...
-- Pablo Picasso
Link
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Link »

Still no binaries.

//Link - :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

Okay... try disabling sound in configure and see if it gets through... Just want to make sure it's that before we go further :-)

Dan
-- Pablo Picasso
Link
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Link »

Still nothing. See the attachments below.

//Link - I'm starting to think this CVS version just won't work...
ottmar
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by ottmar »

There aren't many differences between the CVS and SVN repositories, but the fix to that specific bug is one of them (revision 10102 by hellcatv).

Try checking out from SVN or just replace your template_generator.cpp with the one I've attached:
Link
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Link »

Well, I checked out SVN (and wrote a Wiki-article on it). Seems like we have another OpenAL problem here...

//Link - No sound would be horrible, though.