Installing from CVS on Mandrake9.1

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
Lasker
Merchant
Merchant

Installing from CVS on Mandrake9.1

Post by Lasker »

As you probably know I had some problems with installing VS from RPMs on Mandrake 9.1, so I had to compile from CVS sources.
Although I could run the game, I hadn't access to vssetup and that left me without sound, 800x600 only and 2 axis joystick (without thrust, no rolling on my pedals).
But now I made a giant step forward and managed both compiling from CVS AND access to vssetup!
Of course I want to share what steps I made different this time.
I didn't really expect to solve anything serious, the main reason for my changes was to get rid of some anoying compiler warnings:

Code: Select all

src/cmd/script/c_alike/Makefile.am:10: `CXXFLAGS' is a user variable, you should not override it;
src/cmd/script/c_alike/Makefile.am:10: use `AM_CXXFLAGS' instead.
Only a warning, which multiplies during the hole compiling process. I did exactly what's recommended.
The next one was a compiler directive warning about malign:
So I changed in all make- and configure- files every entry with
malign-loops, malign-jumps and malign-functions into falign-loops etc.

That was it!
Now I can start vssetup from /usr/local/share/vegastrike/data
Really don't know, why my changes should have done the trick, but otherwise, I did nothing else... :shock:

As an addition, I still get this after leaving a game:

Code: Select all

Thank you for playing!
Writing Save Game Viperexplore_universe_difficultyWARNING: no var named serialized_xml in section data using default: serialized_xml
MakingSharedPath serialized_xmlMakingSharedPath serialized_xml/ViperHi helper play 0
What does it mean?
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

that just means it's saving things
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
Lasker
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Lasker »

hellcatv wrote:that just means it's saving things
The obvious part of the message, I referred to the warning in it.