Where is the actual ogre port CVS?

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
zoozo
Explorer
Explorer

Where is the actual ogre port CVS?

Post by zoozo »

Where can I find the actual deveopment CVS of VS? I want to try that one contains the new ogre engine. This http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/v ... &view=auto
seems very old, last change at Jul 8 09:06:19 2002. Where are the actual sources?
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Ogre work is being done in a separate branch, that will later be merged with the main branch to form VegaStrike 0.5.0.

Just select the branch named 'ogre_branch'.

Anyway... you won't find changes in vegastrike itself... rather, the new "User Interface" framework is being tested in a standalone app... SystemExplorer, currently only present in the vega-proj module.

Eventually it will be moved to vega-vc7... once I manage to rebuild MSVCRT80.DLL (because otherwise it exhibits a rather fatal memory leak). So, you may not be able to build it with VC8 (or VC Express) yet.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
zoozo
Explorer
Explorer

Post by zoozo »

I'm using gentoo linux, so I hope I'll be able to build it with gcc3.4.
Last edited by zoozo on Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Probably. Hellcat has been ensuring linux compatiblity - although I recently commited a few changes that haven't had the chance to get reviewed by him yet.

Beware, though, that setting it up on linux is no piece of cake - it took hellcat quite a while, collecting all the dependencies (Ogre, its dependencies, the dependencies of the dependencies, etc...)

Be sure to check www.ogre3d.org if you have trouble building or setting up Ogre itself in linux - mostly search the wiki and the forums, all the problems we faced until now in linux have been addressed there.

Once we're ready to declare it VegaStrike 0.5.0, we should work on a script to do all that work, like the current script for downloading CVS and building it, I guess.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
energyman76b
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by energyman76b »

Hi,

please, make a real tar-ball, not a CVS checkout script.

Several reasons:
cvs checkout is deadly slow

cvs checkout is not always possible and very dependent of sourceforges mood.

cvs checkout script is the reason, why vs in gentoo is a version from the stone age.

Check it out once, make a tarball. This way it will be easier for all linux users.