AstrGet.vcproj is not installed

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
Bodo
Hunter
Hunter

AstrGet.vcproj is not installed

Post by Bodo »

IDE: Express, freshly downloaded

Checked out data4.x, modtools, vegastrike, vega-vc7 and vssetup. when I try to import vega-vc7 as described in the wiki (allthough it's described a bit rough for someone without C experience, but I guess it's vegastrike.sln I have to open) and got the following error:

the aplication for project [path]\AstrGet.vcproj is not installed

I read about that AstrGet in the Wiki, it said "not in use". so what's the issue? I have to install something, obviously, but I don't know what...
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

I think you can tell VC8 (express) to ignore it.
That's what you should do... you won't use it.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
Bodo
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Bodo »

Now that I took a closer look I saw that this was the case withal files... he's looking for them in a wrong directory, so I guess I have to adjust the tree... this is not how it is explained in the Wiki however, it's writen there to download all of them in seperate directories in a root-directory... :?

Edit: oh, now I see the problem. When it says in the Wiki to set up another directory and copy everything there it means without the before created subdirectories. A bit unclear that, at least to non-natives. Allright, I think I'll get it working now.
Bodo
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Bodo »

Nah, it's still not working! maybe the second line of that messagebox is of some importance too. It says: make shure the application for the type .vcproj is installed.

Is there something I failed to install? shure looks like, but I couldn't think of anythig. I got the SDK allright...
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

Did you install the visual C++ component of Visual Studio Express--I'm not sure if it's only C# by default any more [Damn you bill!!!!!]
(,vcproj is loaded by the C++ compiler)
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
Bodo
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Bodo »

ah... I wondered about if that # would be the same as ++, but since it was generally refered to as "Express" I thought I'm on the right side. So there's an update for it? well, let's go ahuntin' then!

great... another 70 megs dloading... teaches you well to take the right links from the start :x

Yap, hat was it. All up and running!
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

glad it works :-)

at least you didn't get Cflat
that's the name of the old Vega Strike scripting language
Bodo
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Bodo »

Ach, I was too fast with the triumphing!

I didn't complie the stuff yesterday anymore, I was glad I could finally read it in and convert it, so today I tried to compile it, with terrible result:

the biggest problem is that he cannot find include-files, most prominently a certain "windows.h":

g:\vs edit\vegastrike\src\vegastrike.h(59) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory

The path exists allright, but he file isn't there. And it's not the only one missing.

He also keeps moaning about some files being a mac format:

g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jutils.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format

so, overall result looks like this:

vsacctserver - 4 error(s), 0 warning(s)
vsserver - 142 error(s), 2 warning(s) (I didn't download the server-package, though, so this wouldn't be the problem)
vssetup - 2 error(s), 26 warning(s)
vegastrike - 327 error(s), 7 warnings - Errors mostly due to files not found or wrong file format
texturizer - 58 error(s), 0 warning(s)
soundserver - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)
savegame - 3 error(s), 37 warning(s) - warnings due to deprecation
mission - 4 error(s), 39 warning(s)
TriSort - 0 error(s), 14 warning(s) - the only one he managed to build!

outcome:

Build: 1 succeeded, 8 failed, 1 up-to-date, 0 skipped

pretty epic... what do I have to do??
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

You have to download the platform SDK.

Another 300 megs, if you do as I did and download the full ISO image (so that you never have to download it again, no matter what). Otherwise... you may get away with a 50-70meg download, I dunno.
Wing Commander Universe
Bodo
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Bodo »

I did download it. But, now that I come to think about it, I dloaded it BEFORE I dloaded the C++ version I'm using now. Maybe it needs re-initialising or somethig. I'll try a few things.
Bodo
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Bodo »

**sigh**

Tried some stuff, inclueding uninstalling and re-installing the platformSDK. Still the same. Here's a part from the buildlog:

Code: Select all

------ Build started: Project: vegastrike, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Compiling...
wrapper.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\include\pyconfig.h(294) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'basetsd.h': No such file or directory
type_id.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\include\pyconfig.h(294) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'basetsd.h': No such file or directory
tuple.cpp
str.cpp
slice.cpp
registry.cpp
pickle_support.cpp
object_protocol.cpp
object_operators.cpp
numeric.cpp
module.cpp
long.cpp
list.cpp
life_support.cpp
iterator.cpp
inheritance.cpp
function.cpp
from_python.cpp
errors.cpp
enum.cpp
Generating Code...
Compiling...
dict.cpp
class.cpp
builtin_converters.cpp
arg_to_python_base.cpp
vsnet_socketudp.cpp
g:\vs edit\vegastrike\src\networking\lowlevel\vsnet_headers.h(7) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory
vsnet_sockettcp.cpp
g:\vs edit\vegastrike\src\networking\lowlevel\vsnet_headers.h(7) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory
vsnet_socketset.cpp
vsnet_socketflags.cpp
vsnet_socketbase.cpp
vsnet_socket.cpp
vsnet_serversocket.cpp
vsnet_pipe.cpp
vsnet_oss.cpp
vsnet_notify.cpp
vsnet_dloadmgr.cpp
vsnet_clientstate.cpp
vsnet_address.cpp
packet.cpp
netui.cpp
zonemgr.cpp
g:\vs edit\vegastrike\src\vegastrike.h(59) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory
Generating Code...
Compiling...
savenet_util.cpp
prediction.cpp
networkcomm.cpp
netserver_net.cpp
netserver_login.cpp
netserver_devices.cpp
netserver_clients.cpp
netserver_acct.cpp
netserver.cpp
netclient_login.cpp
netclient_devices.cpp
netclient_clients.cpp
netclient.cpp
inet_file.cpp
g:\vs edit\vegastrike\src\networking\inet_file.cpp(4) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory
inet.cpp
g:\vs edit\vegastrike\src\networking\inet.cpp(4) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory
fileutil.cpp
client.cpp
accountsxml.cpp
windowcontroller.cpp
window.cpp
Generating Code...
Compiling...
textinputdisplay.cpp
text_area.cpp
g:\vs edit\vegastrike\src\gui\text_area.h(40) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory
staticdisplay.cpp
slider.cpp
simplepicker.cpp
scroller.cpp
picker.cpp
painttext.cpp
newbutton.cpp
modaldialog.cpp
guitexture.cpp
guidefs.cpp
groupcontrol.cpp
glut_support.cpp
g:\vs edit\vegastrike\src\gui\glut_support.h(29) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory
general.cpp
g:\vs edit\vegastrike\src\gui\general.h(77) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory
font.cpp
eventresponder.cpp
eventmanager.cpp
control.cpp
button.cpp
g:\vs edit\vegastrike\src\gui\button.h(32) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory
Generating Code...
Compiling...
jutils.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jutils.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jquant2.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jquant2.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jquant1.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jquant1.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jmemnobs.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jmemnobs.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jmemmgr.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jmemmgr.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jidctred.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jidctred.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jidctint.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jidctint.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jidctfst.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jidctfst.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jidctflt.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jidctflt.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jfdctint.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jfdctint.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jfdctfst.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jfdctfst.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jfdctflt.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jfdctflt.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jerror.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jerror.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jdtrans.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jdtrans.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jdsample.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jdsample.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jdpostct.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jdpostct.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jdphuff.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jdphuff.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jdmerge.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jdmerge.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jdmaster.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jdmaster.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jdmarker.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jdmarker.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
Generating Code...
Compiling...
jdmainct.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jdmainct.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jdinput.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jdinput.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jdhuff.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jdhuff.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jddctmgr.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jddctmgr.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jdcolor.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jdcolor.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jdcoefct.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jdcoefct.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jdatasrc.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jdatasrc.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jdatadst.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jdatadst.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jdapistd.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jdapistd.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jdapimin.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jdapimin.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jctrans.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jctrans.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jcsample.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jcsample.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jcprepct.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jcprepct.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jcphuff.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jcphuff.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jcparam.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jcparam.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jcomapi.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jcomapi.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jcmaster.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jcmaster.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jcmarker.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jcmarker.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jcmainct.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jcmainct.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jcinit.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jcinit.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
Generating Code...
Compiling...
jchuff.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jchuff.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jcdctmgr.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jcdctmgr.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jccolor.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jccolor.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jccoefct.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jccoefct.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jcapistd.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jcapistd.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jcapimin.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jcapimin.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
navscreen.cpp
navpath.cpp
navcomputer.cpp
drawsystem.cpp
drawlist.cpp
g:\vs edit\vegastrike\src\gui\glut_support.h(29) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory
drawgalaxy.cpp
criteria_xml.cpp
criteria.cpp
warptrail.cpp
vsimage.cpp
vsbox.cpp
vec.cpp
vdu.cpp
tex_transform.cpp
g:\vs edit\vegastrike\src\gfx\vsimage.h(54) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory
Generating Code...
Compiling...
star.cpp
g:\vs edit\vegastrike\src\gfx\vsimage.h(54) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory
sprite.cpp
sphere_generic.cpp
sphere.cpp
screenshot.cpp
g:\programme\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\limits.h(28) : warning C4005: 'UCHAR_MAX' : macro redefinition
        g:\vs edit\vegastrike\src\gldrv\winsys.h(23) : see previous definition of 'UCHAR_MAX'
ring.cpp
quadtree_xml.cpp
quadtree.cpp
quadsquare_render.cpp
quadsquare.cpp
pipelined_texture.cpp
particle.cpp
mesh_xml.cpp
mesh_poly.cpp
mesh_gfx.cpp
mesh_fx.cpp
mesh_bxm.cpp
mesh_bin.cpp
mesh.cpp
loc_select.cpp
Generating Code...
Compiling...
jpeg_memory.cpp
g:\vs edit\vegastrike\src\gfx\jpeg_memory.h(2) : warning C4005: 'JPEG_SUPPORT' : macro redefinition
        command-line arguments : see previous definition of 'JPEG_SUPPORT'
g:\vs edit\vegastrike\src\gfx\jpeg_memory.h(22) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory
hud.cpp
halo_system.cpp
halo.cpp
env_map_gent.cpp
coord_select.cpp
cockpit_xml.cpp
cockpit_generic.cpp
cockpit.cpp
camera.cpp
background.cpp
aux_texture.cpp
aux_logo.cpp
animation.cpp
ani_texture.cpp
winsys.cpp
g:\vs edit\vegastrike\src\gldrv\gl_globals.h(73) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory
gl_vertex_list.cpp
gl_texture.cpp
g:\vs edit\vegastrike\src\gldrv\gl_globals.h(73) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory
gl_state.cpp
gl_sphere_list.cpp
Generating Code...
Compiling...
gl_quad_list.cpp
gl_pick.cpp
gl_misc.cpp
gl_matrix.cpp
gl_material.cpp
gl_light_state.cpp
gl_light_pick.cpp
gl_light.cpp
gl_init.cpp
gl_globals.cpp
gl_fog.cpp
gl_clip.cpp
universe_util_export.cpp
unit_wrapper.cpp
unit_exports3.cpp
unit_exports2.cpp
unit_exports1.cpp
unit_exports.cpp
python_compile.cpp
init.cpp
Generating Code...
Compiling...
briefing_wrapper.cpp
al_sound.cpp
al_init.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\al\alc.h(12) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory
prapid.cpp
g:\vs edit\vegastrike\src\cmd\collide\garray.h(143) : warning C4005: 'CS_DECLARE_GROWING_ARRAY_REF' : macro redefinition
        g:\vs edit\vegastrike\src\cmd\collide\cs_compat.h(80) : see previous definition of 'CS_DECLARE_GROWING_ARRAY_REF'
script_variables.cpp
script_util.cpp
script_statement.cpp
script_generic.cpp
script_expression.cpp
script_callbacks.cpp
script_call_unit_generic.cpp
script_call_unit.cpp
script_call_string.cpp
script_call_order.cpp
script_call_omap.cpp
script_call_olist.cpp
script_call_briefing.cpp
pythonmission.cpp
msgcenter.cpp
mission_script.cpp
Generating Code...
Compiling...
mission.cpp
flightgroup.cpp
director_generic.cpp
director.cpp
warpto.cpp
turretai.cpp
tactics.cpp
script.cpp
order_comm.cpp
order.cpp
navigation.cpp
missionscript.cpp
input_dfa.cpp
g:\programme\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\limits.h(28) : warning C4005: 'UCHAR_MAX' : macro redefinition
        g:\vs edit\vegastrike\src\gldrv\winsys.h(23) : see previous definition of 'UCHAR_MAX'
ikarus.cpp
hard_coded_scripts.cpp
flykeyboard.cpp
flyjoystick.cpp
flybywire.cpp
firekeyboard.cpp
fireall.cpp
Generating Code...
Compiling...
fire.cpp
event_xml.cpp
docking.cpp
communication_xml.cpp
communication.cpp
comm_ai.cpp
aggressive.cpp
weapon_xml.cpp
unit_xml.cpp
unit_util_generic.cpp
unit_util.cpp
unit_interface.cpp
unit_generic.cpp
unit_functions_generic.cpp
unit_functions.cpp
unit_factory_generic.cpp
unit_factory.cpp
unit_csv.cpp
unit_const_cache.cpp
unit_collide.cpp
Generating Code...
Compiling...
unit_bsp.cpp
terrain.cpp
planet_generic.cpp
planet.cpp
nebula_generic.cpp
nebula.cpp
music.cpp
mount.cpp
missile_generic.cpp
faction_xml.cpp
container.cpp
cont_terrain.cpp
collide_map.cpp
collide.cpp
collection.cpp
click_list.cpp
building_generic.cpp
building.cpp
briefing.cpp
bolt_generic.cpp
Generating Code...
Compiling...
bolt.cpp
beam_generic.cpp
beam.cpp
basecomputer.cpp
base_xml.cpp
base_write_python.cpp
base_util.cpp
base_interface.cpp
base_init.cpp
atmosphere_generic.cpp
atmosphere.cpp
asteroid_generic.cpp
asteroid.cpp
xml_serializer.cpp
vsfilesystem.cpp
g:\vs edit\vegastrike\src\vsfilesystem.cpp(8) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory
universe_util_generic.cpp
universe_util.cpp
universe_generic.cpp
universe.cpp
stardate.cpp
Generating Code...
Compiling...
star_system_xml.cpp
star_system_jump.cpp
star_system_generic.cpp
star_system.cpp
ship_commands.cpp
savegame.cpp
rendertext.cpp
physics.cpp
main_loop.cpp
main.cpp
load_mission.cpp
lin_time.cpp
in_sdl.cpp
in_mouse.cpp
in_main.cpp
in_kb.cpp
in_joystick.cpp
gfxlib_struct.cpp
galaxy.cpp
force_feedback.cpp
Generating Code...
Compiling...
fastmath.cpp
g:\vs edit\vegastrike\src\fastmath.cpp(13) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'wtypes.h': No such file or directory
faction_util_generic.cpp
faction_util.cpp
faction_generic.cpp
config_xml.cpp
command.cpp
Generating Code...
Creating browse information file...
Microsoft Browse Information Maintenance Utility Version 8.00.50727
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file '.\vegastrike_Win32_Debug\config_xml.sbr': No such file or directory
Build log was saved at "file://g:\VS edit\vega-vc7\vegastrike_Win32_Debug\BuildLog.htm"
vegastrike - 327 error(s), 4 warning(s)
It seems like I'm lacking half the files. My tree looks as follows

g:\vega edit\
\data4.x
\modtools
\vegastrike
\vega-vc7
\vssetup

the directories contain copies from the stuff I checked out with turtoise.
Bodo
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Bodo »

ok, one problem less. After taking a closer look at the include-directories in the IDE I noticed that the platformSDK wrote a wrong path in there, whyever. So, most of the files are found, but several still remain lost. Do I have to track down every single file and add it's location to the include-directories?

and there are still those mac-files he doesn't accept. What to do about those?
Last edited by Bodo on Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

No, not half the files, the only ones I saw missing were basetsd.h and windows.h, both of which should be in the platform SDK.

I'd suggest you perform a file search for those, and note the directory in which they reside. Check VC8's configuration (Tools/Options, IIRC, and in there, somewhere, directories something - sorry for the vagueness)... under "include" directories (you select them through a combo), you should see either that folder listed, or an equivalent (using environment variables, probably).

If not, or just because it doesn't work you could do this anyways, add it by selecting the first item and pressing Ctrl+Insert. Then, type (or better - paste) the full path to the directory (which should be something like C:\blabla\Microsoft Platform SDK\Include\.").

Actually, the line that should be first in that list (that worked for me) is "$(INCLUDE)", since if you tell the PSDK to "register environment variables", that variable will be defined to be the PSDK's include path.

Similarly, under libraries, you should find "$(LIBS)", and under "Executables" "$(MSSDK)\bin". If not, add them.

That should work.

Of course, verify that all the directories you type exist.
Wing Commander Universe
Bodo
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Bodo »

No, not half the files, the only ones I saw missing were basetsd.h and windows.h, both of which should be in the platform SDK.
you know, that wasn't the whole log there. practically all files in the "boost"-directories are missing, and allthough I can track the files down I noticed that there are several boost-directories (like ...\boost\blabla\boost\aso)

and, as mentioned, still the Mac-files. The stuff that's listed as deprecated is listed as warnings, so that shouldn't matter I hope...
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

About boost: again, include directory configuration. But it shouldn't happen, since those are already configured correctly in the project file, and are relative. Anyway, check them.

About MAC files: strange... mine show as DOS. Anyway... you may want to write a smallish app to translate lonely "\r" into "\r\n" or... alternatively... open them in a text editor that will open them correctly, and save again. Or... better. delete them and check them out again. 'Cause... you know... I have fresh copies and they don't have mac line endings... so there's something wrong with your files.
Wing Commander Universe
snow_Cat
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by snow_Cat »

Just a remark, I didn't use the Platform SDK, I copied the base/src files from my old VC6 cd.
[html]<hr>[/html]
As for changing from UNIX to DOS format try something like UtoD from the djgpp?

Err, I don't know if the following is correct...

echo Converting files to DOS CR/LF format...
utod .../*.bat .../*.sh .../*.c *.cfg .../*.h .../*.inc .../*.rc
utod .../*.inl .../*.s .../*.txt .../*._tx makefile.*
DJGPP is a non-proprietary environment for developing 32-bit protected mode software in C/C++ under MS-DOS.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

when i did the import VCExpress asked if i wanted to convert to DOS format.

Enjoy the Choice :)
Bodo
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Bodo »

we're getting closer. The Mac-files are reformated by now (I just had to load them in and save them, easy)

I searched all the buildlogs for errors, and shure enough I had to add some paths to the include path-list, as well as replace some misplaced files within the whole.

BUT: there are several files missing completely, nowhere to be found on my machine. These files are as follows:

dsound.h
odbc32.lib - both demanded at the build of vegastrike
GL/glut.h
boost/shared_ptr.hpp - didn't note where these two were demanded
list.h - demanded at the build of mission

so, I have to get these files from somewhere. I have no Idea why they are not around, but I didn't find them on the whole drive (and EVERYTHING that has something to do with the project is on that drive!)

then there where a lot of files missing at the compilation of "texturizer" and "vsserver", both quite understandable since I didn't download them. But they are part of the VegaStrike "Solution". can I throw them out or will they just be ignored when everything else is working?
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

just right click on the vegastrike subproject and then build that one
if it builds you're done---though you may want to build the soundserver as well
Bodo
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Bodo »

ah, that's the way it works!

as I said, there are still hese two files missing for the build of vegastrike. I need to get them from somewhere, no Idea why they aren't around. Maybe I should check it out again...
Bodo
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Bodo »

this is getting -very- tiring!

I had it down to 49 errors, of which one was the missing dsound.h, the rest were the mac format problems. I re-formated all of he critical files, with the result that now I get 2499 errors, most of which are looking like this:

g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\include\jpeglib.h(949) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'JSAMPIMAGE'

which basicaly means that allthough he doesn't complain anymore that they're mac-files, he complaines that he still doesn't understand most of it. I don't get it. I checked all the critical stuff out one more time, I tried several file-formats (Windows and Unix, Dos doesn't show in the list), all with the result that matters don't get better, but worse. Either it's something I did or something I didn't do, but I can't think of what that might be...
Your mission is to explore new worlds, discover new lifeforms and unknown civilizations. To boldly blow up stuff where no one has blown up stuff before!

- missonobjectives from the StarFlight-manual
Bodo
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Bodo »

allright guys, I really need your help on this one. i don't know the matter enough to think of a cause (or solution) for the problem.

This is how my buildlog looks now:

------ Build started: Project: vegastrike, Configuration: Debug GLUT Win32 ------
Compiling...
jutils.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jinclude.h : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jquant2.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jinclude.h : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jquant1.cpp
jmemnobs.cpp
jmemmgr.cpp
jidctred.cpp
jidctint.cpp
jidctfst.cpp
jidctflt.cpp
jfdctint.cpp
jfdctfst.cpp
jfdctflt.cpp
jerror.cpp
jdtrans.cpp
jdsample.cpp
jdpostct.cpp
jdphuff.cpp
jdmerge.cpp
jdmaster.cpp
jdmarker.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jdmarker.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
Generating Code...
Compiling...
jdmainct.cpp
jdinput.cpp
jdhuff.cpp
jddctmgr.cpp
jdcolor.cpp
jdcoefct.cpp
jdatasrc.cpp
jdatadst.cpp
jdapistd.cpp
jdapimin.cpp
jctrans.cpp
jcsample.cpp
jcprepct.cpp
jcphuff.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jcphuff.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jcparam.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jcparam.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: please convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
jcomapi.cpp
jcmaster.cpp
jcmarker.cpp
jcmainct.cpp
jcinit.cpp
Generating Code...
Compiling...
jchuff.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jchuff.cpp(541) : error C2447: '{' : missing function header (old-style formal list?)
jcdctmgr.cpp
jccolor.cpp
jccoefct.cpp
jcapistd.cpp
jcapimin.cpp
al_sound.cpp
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\al\alc.h(13) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dsound.h': No such file or directory
al_init.cpp
g:\programme\microsoft platform sdk\include\windef.h(125) : warning C4005: 'APIENTRY' : macro redefinition
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\gl\glut.h(23) : see previous definition of 'APIENTRY'
g:\programme\microsoft platform sdk\include\wingdi.h(21) : warning C4005: 'WINGDIAPI' : macro redefinition
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\gl\glut.h(39) : see previous definition of 'WINGDIAPI'
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\al\alc.h(13) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dsound.h': No such file or directory
Generating Code...
Creating browse information file...
Microsoft Browse Information Maintenance Utility Version 8.00.50727
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file '.\vegastrike___Win32_Debug_GLUT\al_init.sbr': No such file or directory
Project : warning PRJ0018 : The following environment variables were not found:
$(LIBS)
Build log was saved at "file://g:\VS edit\vega-vc7\vegastrike___Win32_Debug_GLUT\BuildLog.htm"
vegastrike - 50 error(s), 2 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

You might notice that jinclude.h is a big problem here. I converted most of the other files, but some seem to get unreadable when I convert them.

for example, if I convert the file "jcparam.cpp" to Windows line-endings I don't get complaints about the wrong format anymore, but about several other errors. this is what I get if I convert said file:

g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jcparam.cpp(791) : error C2065: 'index' : undeclared identifier
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jcparam.cpp(793) : error C2065: 'id' : undeclared identifier
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jcparam.cpp(795) : error C2065: 'hsamp' : undeclared identifier
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jcparam.cpp(797) : error C2065: 'vsamp' : undeclared identifier
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jcparam.cpp(799) : error C2065: 'quant' : undeclared identifier
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jcparam.cpp(801) : error C2065: 'dctbl' : undeclared identifier
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jcparam.cpp(803) : error C2065: 'actbl' : undeclared identifier
g:\vs edit\vega-vc7\jpeg-6b\jcparam.cpp(809) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before 'if'

obviously the converting upsets the code... If I do that with the very critical jinclude.h, I get thousands of syntax-errors and similiar stuff. Does anyone have an Idea what happens to these files during conversion? I supposed that C++ express knows how to convert it's files, but something seemes to go wrong.

P.s: I looked at the code of some files. include jinclude.h is the first line in most of them. If my assumption is right their compiling stops when they encounter the first error, they might be just as confused as the others, it just doesn't show.

Klauss, you gave me some hints how to change the lineendings manually. Which editor would you recommend for the job? Windows' standard editor doesn't seem to do a good job.
Your mission is to explore new worlds, discover new lifeforms and unknown civilizations. To boldly blow up stuff where no one has blown up stuff before!

hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

mac file format is when the lines end in \r or \r\r\n rather than \n or \r\n
for some reason VCExpress barfs on that but vis studio doesn''t... so it's really annoying...we should commit fixed versions of those files

the second error is from not having downloaded the DirecTX SDK from microsoft's site
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

If I remember to do it, tomorrow I'll bring the small program I used to convert those files. Then, you just do, in the command line:

for /R %i in (*.h *.cpp *.hpp) do cr2crlf %i %i
Wing Commander Universe
Bodo
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Bodo »

this is a mess... depending on the editor I use to convert the files I get different errors during the build. This just doesn't make sense! what the hell do they do to these files?? :x

Klauss, it would be really cool if you could load your converter up. If that one won't work for me I gonna have to throw something out of the window, just to see if at least gravitiy is dependable... :?