AstrGet.vcproj is not installed

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

I'm sooo sorry... I totally forgot.

Here... I just wrote this one - sadly, I can't build it, but I think you should be able to since it's nothing fancy:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
Bodo
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Bodo »

nice... now I just need a hint what this means: "Debe especificar el archivo a convertir, y el de salida\n" :)

I don't speak a single word spanish! :wink:

I figure it means something like "specify archive to convert" or something...?
Your mission is to explore new worlds, discover new lifeforms and unknown civilizations. To boldly blow up stuff where no one has blown up stuff before!

- missonobjectives from the StarFlight-manual
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Hehe... yes... "You must specify an input file, and the output too\n".
Wing Commander Universe
Bodo
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Bodo »

building works... get some weird errors when I try to run it, thogh... But it's more likely to be my machine than your code, since most of it are missing files... :cry:

downloading framework sdk 2.0 right now, maybe that helps. If not I'll go bonkers and start over with "hello world", maybe then I'll get the hang of that bloody IDE!
Your mission is to explore new worlds, discover new lifeforms and unknown civilizations. To boldly blow up stuff where no one has blown up stuff before!

Bodo
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Bodo »

yep, that was an intersting experiment. I generated a basic application from the examples in the help, and this is the outcome (when run, building works):

Code: Select all

'Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Jedidia\Eigene Dateien\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\Game\debug\Game.exe', Symbols loaded.
'Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\NTDLL.DLL', Cannot find or open a required DBG file.
'Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\msvcr80d.dll', No symbols loaded.
'Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\msvcrt.dll', No symbols loaded.
'Game.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\KERNEL32.DLL', Cannot find or open a required DBG file.
The program '[1392] Game.exe: Native' has exited with code 0 (0x0).
These are the exact same errors I get when trying to run Klauss' code, except that that returns code 1 on exit. Otherwise, exactly the same stuff. Something is seriously messed up with my machine. Any recommendations?

klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

There's nothing wrong there.
You're only missing debugging information on some dlls, which is quite normal.

The very fact that the code I posted exits with 1 proves it's running: you just didn't specify the required parameters, so it just prints the error message and exits. Just use the generated .exe from the commandline... it'll work.
Wing Commander Universe
Bodo
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Bodo »

man, I've been out of this for too long it seems. Wrote my last line of code about 5 years ago, and everything seems to have changed. So the build happens allready to a .Exe file. Allright, thought that would happen at compilation.

Now you just need to tel me how I specify the file I have to convert. Because all that happens now is a short flashing of a console, then it's over again...

If I interpreted the code right there should be a prompt to enter the filename. It could also mean that I have to enter it directly into the code, however...

klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

No prompt.

Its use is as I posted before:

for /R %i in (*.cpp *.h *.hpp) do text2unix %i %i
(in the commandline, in vegastrike's source folder, with the %PATH% environment variable pointing where text2unix is)
Wing Commander Universe
Bodo
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Bodo »

It took me a while to find out which command line you were refering to... I didn't know that the IDE has it's own. :)

There's still a problem, however. I hope I don't get too annoying. I'm slowly getting the hang of things again.

It still doesn't work, however. It runs, and it accesses every single file in the directory, true enough. but after that comes the "specify archieve aso", you know, that spanish thing. So obviously he doesn't get the information he needs, allthough he lists the files correctly, so %i is filled with what it should be...??

the message looks something like this:

G:\%PATH%\text2unix G:\%PATH%\wrtarga.cpp G:\%PATH%\wrtaga.cpp Debe especificar etc.

klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Maybe you have spaces in the folder names... I tend to avoid them, just because of that.

Try adding quotes to the %i %i, like "%i" "%i"
Wing Commander Universe
Bodo
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Bodo »

Indeed I do have spaces in the foldernames! So that's a hinderance? ok, I see if gets better when I take them out.

It WOOOOOOOOOOORKS!!!!!

not only your little programm works, it finaly converts the files to something readable! Thanks, man!!

So: After converting all the files and including the directX SDK there sprang up a new error :roll:

it is again a missing file which I cannot find in my machine, and this time I checked the other drives where the Framework- and DirectXSDK reside too. but odbc32.lib is nowhere to be found, yet VS instists on needing it:

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: Datei "odbc32.lib" can not be opened

Anywys, I will be a few days offline now since I'm making a move.

klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

VC Express compulsively adds that lib to the list of required .lib files in project options... I don't know why.

Remove it... VegaStrike in no way needs ODBC. Not yet, at least.
(you know... in project properties/linker)
Wing Commander Universe
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Ok, I added the odbc thing into the VC8 Compiling wiki.

I also found that I forgot to commit my mac2dos fix in the project directory (I forgot that there were non-project files there)... sorry about the problem. It should work better now.

Please post if you have problems or if you can get it working, and record all of the steps you did (what you installed and what files or settings you changed). VC8 support is still a work in progress, so it would be nice to make it easier to set up for others.
Bodo
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Bodo »

It'll take a while 'till I can get my hands on my machine again. I did remove the odbc from the list shortly before I took my computer apart and transported it to my future home, and noticed that there was a complaint about another file with a very similiar name. I think I will have to remove some more files from that bloody list, I hope it will all be working then. But it might take two weeks until I can get my hands on my computer again, so for now I have some rest... :)

liebenow
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

dsound.h

Post by liebenow »

I have everything set up correctly, except it seems the PSDK doesn't contain dsound.h

Any ideas?

------ Build started: Project: vegastrike, Configuration: Debug GLUT Win32 ------
Compiling...
al_sound.cpp
f:\sandbox\vega-vc7\al\alc.h(13) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dsound.h': No such file or directory
al_init.cpp
c:\program files\microsoft platform sdk\include\windef.h(125) : warning C4005: 'APIENTRY' : macro redefinition
        f:\sandbox\vega-vc7\gl\glut.h(23) : see previous definition of 'APIENTRY'
c:\program files\microsoft platform sdk\include\wingdi.h(21) : warning C4005: 'WINGDIAPI' : macro redefinition
        f:\sandbox\vega-vc7\gl\glut.h(39) : see previous definition of 'WINGDIAPI'
f:\sandbox\vega-vc7\al\alc.h(13) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dsound.h': No such file or directory
Generating Code...
Creating browse information file...
Microsoft Browse Information Maintenance Utility Version 8.00.50727
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file '.\vegastrike___win32_debug_glut\al_init.sbr': No such file or directory
Build log was saved at "file://f:\Sandbox\vega-vc7\vegastrike___Win32_Debug_GLUT\BuildLog.htm"
vegastrike - 3 error(s), 2 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
I don't say much, but what I do say I say with confidance.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

It seems you also need the DX SDK.
Wing Commander Universe
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

You can try this version of dsound.h:
http://cvs.winehq.org/cvsweb/~checkout~ ... text/plain
Then save it inside vega-vc7/AL.

If just that file works then we can include it.

It seems pointless to require an entire DX SDK only for OpenAL.
Calvin
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Calvin »

ace123 wrote:You can try this version of dsound.h:
http://cvs.winehq.org/cvsweb/~checkout~ ... text/plain
Then save it inside vega-vc7/AL.

If just that file works then we can include it.

It seems pointless to require an entire DX SDK only for OpenAL.
for me the dsound.h from the wine project worked \o/
got rid of that errormsg but after that i stumbled into the next :(
oh, and i had to put it into the SDK directory, because in the AL directory it wasn't found automaticaly and the include directory of the SDK i have on the first position so it was sure to be found ;)

LIBCMT.lib(_file.obj) : error LNK2005: ___iob_func ist bereits in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR80D.dll) definiert.
LIBCMT.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: __amsg_exit ist bereits in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR80D.dll) definiert.
LIBCMT.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: __initterm_e ist bereits in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR80D.dll) definiert.
LIBCMT.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: _exit ist bereits in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR80D.dll) definiert.
LIBCMT.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: __exit ist bereits in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR80D.dll) definiert.
LIBCMT.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: __cexit ist bereits in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR80D.dll) definiert.
LIBCMT.lib(fflush.obj) : error LNK2005: _fflush ist bereits in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR80D.dll) definiert.
LIBCMT.lib(calloc.obj) : error LNK2005: _calloc ist bereits in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR80D.dll) definiert.
LIBCMT.lib(realloc.obj) : error LNK2005: _realloc ist bereits in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR80D.dll) definiert.
LIBCMT.lib(crt0init.obj) : error LNK2005: ___xi_a ist bereits in MSVCRTD.lib(cinitexe.obj) definiert.
LIBCMT.lib(crt0init.obj) : error LNK2005: ___xi_z ist bereits in MSVCRTD.lib(cinitexe.obj) definiert.
LIBCMT.lib(crt0init.obj) : error LNK2005: ___xc_a ist bereits in MSVCRTD.lib(cinitexe.obj) definiert.
LIBCMT.lib(crt0init.obj) : error LNK2005: ___xc_z ist bereits in MSVCRTD.lib(cinitexe.obj) definiert.
LIBCMT.lib(hooks.obj) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl terminate(void)" (?terminate@@YAXXZ) ist bereits in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR80D.dll) definiert.
LIBCMT.lib(winxfltr.obj) : error LNK2005: __XcptFilter ist bereits in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR80D.dll) definiert.
LIBCMT.lib(invarg.obj) : error LNK2005: __invoke_watson ist bereits in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR80D.dll) definiert.
LIBCMT.lib(invarg.obj) : error LNK2005: __invalid_parameter ist bereits in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR80D.dll) definiert.
LIBCMT.lib(tidtable.obj) : error LNK2005: __encode_pointer ist bereits in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR80D.dll) definiert.
LIBCMT.lib(tidtable.obj) : error LNK2005: __decode_pointer ist bereits in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR80D.dll) definiert.
LIBCMT.lib(dosmap.obj) : error LNK2005: __errno ist bereits in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR80D.dll) definiert.
LIBCMT.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2005: _mainCRTStartup ist bereits in MSVCRTD.lib(crtexe.obj) definiert.
LIBCMT.lib(errmode.obj) : error LNK2005: ___set_app_type ist bereits in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR80D.dll) definiert.
LIBCMT.lib(mlock.obj) : error LNK2005: __unlock ist bereits in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR80D.dll) definiert.
LIBCMT.lib(mlock.obj) : error LNK2005: __lock ist bereits in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR80D.dll) definiert.
LIBCMT.lib(setlocal.obj) : error LNK2005: __configthreadlocale ist bereits in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR80D.dll) definiert.
LIBCMT.lib(atox.obj) : error LNK2005: _atoi ist bereits in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR80D.dll) definiert.
LIBCMT.lib(getenv.obj) : error LNK2005: _getenv ist bereits in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR80D.dll) definiert.
LIBCMT.lib(tolower.obj) : error LNK2005: _tolower ist bereits in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR80D.dll) definiert.
LIBCMT.lib(strtol.obj) : error LNK2005: _strtol ist bereits in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR80D.dll) definiert.
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: Datei "LIBC.lib" kann nicht geöffnet werden.
PC: Intel P4 2,4GHz
GraCa: Nvidia FX 5800
Program: Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express & Platform SDK from MS from the link in the Wiki

Where can i get the LIBC.lib for IA32? found in the SDK only 2... one for AMD 64 bit and one for Intel 64 bit Processors :?

and if the other errors are important too, than i suppose i have to get rid of them too...
but i guess, because the error says only that it is allready defined in another file, it should be ok, if the definition isn't changed for that argument...
Calvin
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Calvin »

after i added LIBC.lib;LIBCMT.LIB to the ignore list i got these errors further down the road:

".\vegastrike___Win32_Debug_GLUT\vegastrikeG.exe.embed.manifest.res"
]Erstellen der Befehlszeile "link.exe @"d:\games\test\vega-vc7\vegastrike___Win32_Debug_GLUT\RSP00002135922700.rsp" /NOLOGO /ERRORREPORT:PROMPT"

Verknüpfen...
   Bibliothek "..\Data\vegastrikeG.lib" und Objekt "..\Data\vegastrikeG.exp" werden erstellt.
rendertext.obj : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_SDL_DestroyMutex" in Funktion ""public: virtual void __thiscall RText::conoutf(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > &,int,int,int)" (?conoutf@RText@@UAEXAAV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@HHH@Z)".
rendertext.obj : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_SDL_mutexV" in Funktion ""public: virtual void __thiscall RText::conoutf(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > &,int,int,int)" (?conoutf@RText@@UAEXAAV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@HHH@Z)".
rendertext.obj : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_SDL_mutexP" in Funktion ""public: virtual void __thiscall RText::conoutf(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > &,int,int,int)" (?conoutf@RText@@UAEXAAV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@HHH@Z)".
rendertext.obj : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_SDL_CreateMutex" in Funktion ""public: virtual void __thiscall RText::conoutf(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > &,int,int,int)" (?conoutf@RText@@UAEXAAV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@HHH@Z)".
libpng3.lib(pngerror.obj) : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "__iob" in Funktion "_png_default_error".
libpng3.lib(pngrutil.obj) : error LNK2001: Nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "__iob".
libpng3.lib(pngwutil.obj) : error LNK2001: Nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "__iob".
..\Data\vegastrikeG.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 5 nicht aufgelöste externe Verweise.
[/code]
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Yes... I already got past that.
It's libpng, which is somewhat incompatible with VC8.
Don't ask why ace didn't meet this unfortunate problem (if you read this... and have some insights... I'd really like it if you shared them).
I rebuilt libpng with VC8, and everything's fine now.

(actually, I built the "Debug" version - not the "Debug GLUT" - it may be different, I just ran out of time while building the "Release" version, and so had to postpone it.

In any case, I'm close to finishing the VC8 project, and I'll commit it shortly (perhaps today) - stay tuned.
Wing Commander Universe
Calvin
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Calvin »

i don't know anything about programming, sry :(

I hope u add the sources for Libpng + dependencies to the vc8 release, or the binaries, cause i tried now 5 times and have no clue how to compile the libpng. Havn't found out the right directory structure also... i think i should when i got my new harddrive switch back to linux.... with windows u start to miss loki apt-get and ./configure :lol:
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Calvin wrote:with windows u start to miss loki apt-get and ./configure :lol:
No kidding...
...sometimes I think it's Microsoft's ultimate goal that nobody except trained experts (trained by them) can build a hello-world.
Wing Commander Universe
Calvin
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Calvin »

after switching the libs and dlls and .h's form libpng-1.2.8.exe from http://libpng.org i got now this errors:

pk3.obj : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_inflateEnd" in Funktion ""private: bool __thiscall CPK3::ReadFile(int,void *)" (?ReadFile@CPK3@@AAE_NHPAX@Z)".
pk3.obj : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_inflate" in Funktion ""private: bool __thiscall CPK3::ReadFile(int,void *)" (?ReadFile@CPK3@@AAE_NHPAX@Z)".
pk3.obj : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_inflateInit2_" in Funktion ""private: bool __thiscall CPK3::ReadFile(int,void *)" (?ReadFile@CPK3@@AAE_NHPAX@Z)".
rendertext.obj : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_SDL_DestroyMutex" in Funktion ""public: virtual void __thiscall RText::conoutf(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > &,int,int,int)" (?conoutf@RText@@UAEXAAV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@HHH@Z)".
rendertext.obj : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_SDL_mutexV" in Funktion ""public: virtual void __thiscall RText::conoutf(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > &,int,int,int)" (?conoutf@RText@@UAEXAAV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@HHH@Z)".
rendertext.obj : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_SDL_mutexP" in Funktion ""public: virtual void __thiscall RText::conoutf(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > &,int,int,int)" (?conoutf@RText@@UAEXAAV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@HHH@Z)".
rendertext.obj : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_SDL_CreateMutex" in Funktion ""public: virtual void __thiscall RText::conoutf(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > &,int,int,int)" (?conoutf@RText@@UAEXAAV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@HHH@Z)".
..\Data\vegastrikeG.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 7 nicht aufgelöste externe Verweise.
don't know if thats an step forward or backward *g* but i think i stick to the plan just switching the files with some i find in the i-net and hope i end up with a playable build :roll:

I like working after the trial and error system :wink:

ok, i throw the idea over board, because rendertext.obj and pk3.obj are nowhere to find in the i-net... The pk3-project has been deletet after some time in the garbage and the rendertext seems to be an vegastrike-project file :(

hopefully u don't get into too much errors while compiling and i can play this weekend the svn version :D
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Actually, I just downloaded the latest source from libpng, fixed a few include/library directories, and it built fine.

Sorry for the delay, but I want to make sure all configurations build properly (and run) before commiting it. And... well... VC8 & RL weren't helpful in that matter (RL taking most of my daylight time, and VC8 taking the rest with its slowful building system - ack... I no longer whine about gcc being slow...)
Wing Commander Universe
Calvin
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Calvin »

if your config is builting fine and if it is playable, can u comit it to svn? minor bugfixes could be comited as they are solved, but i think it would be good for the project to have a playable version if someone is stopping by, so that he can play it(even with minor problems).

So they would visit the forum more often for updates and wouldn't come back after a month or so to see if a version is available.

This would keep more people constantly aktiv in the forum and with testing the game.