Windows link error.

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).

Windows link error.

Post by Guest »

I'm trying to build my own windows binary. The CVS compiles fine but fails to link. It spits out this:
"Linking...
Creating library c:\vegastrike\data\vegastrike.lib and object c:\vegastrike\data\vegastrike.exp
main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl unsetbit(int &,int)" (?unsetbit@@YAXAAHH@Z)
main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl dosetbit(int &,int)" (?dosetbit@@YAXAAHH@Z)
main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "bool __cdecl checkbit(int &,int)" (?checkbit@@YA_NAAHH@Z)
main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl flipbit(int &,int)" (?flipbit@@YAXAAHH@Z)
main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "float __cdecl Delta(float,float)" (?Delta@@YAMMM@Z)
mount.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall Orders::FireAllYouGot::FireAllYouGot(void)" (??0FireAllYouGot@Orders@@QAE@XZ)
star_system.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl WarpTrailDraw(void)" (?WarpTrailDraw@@YAXXZ)
aggressive.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl WarpToP(class Unit *,class Unit *)" (?WarpToP@@YAXPAVUnit@@0@Z)
navigation.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl WarpToP(class Unit *,class Unit *)" (?WarpToP@@YAXPAVUnit@@0@Z)
unit_generic.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl AddWarp(class Unit *,class QVector,float)" (?AddWarp@@YAXPAVUnit@@VQVector@@M@Z)
unit_util_generic.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall Orders::DockingOps::DockingOps(class Unit *,class Order *)" (??0DockingOps@Orders@@QAE@PAVUnit@@PAVOrder@@@Z)
cockpit.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall NavigationSystem::~NavigationSystem(void)" (??1NavigationSystem@@QAE@XZ)
cockpit.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall NavigationSystem::SetDraw(bool)" (?SetDraw@NavigationSystem@@QAEX_N@Z)
cockpit.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: bool __thiscall NavigationSystem::CheckDraw(void)" (?CheckDraw@NavigationSystem@@QAE_NXZ)
cockpit.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall NavigationSystem::Draw(void)" (?Draw@NavigationSystem@@QAEXXZ)"

I'm using Visual C++ 6.0 without any service packs on windows XP SP1 and the project file from vega-new-proj. What am I doing wrong?
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

mising cpp files.

Post by ace123 »

I think that means that you are missiong cpp files. Go to in the menu:
Project -> Add to Project -> Files... and add the following files to your project if not already there.
  • gfx/masks.cpp (takes care of first 5)
  • cmd/ai/fireall.cpp (next one)
  • gfx/warptrail.cpp (maybe)
  • cmd/ai/warpto.cpp (maybe)
  • cmd/ai/docking.cpp
  • everything in the gfx/nav directory.
That looks like it. If it doesn't fix all of the errors, reply again :) .

Post by Guest »

Yes, it worked. Thanks!
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

wow patrick thanks for helping out

are you interested in helping out for the main project

we would love to have a windows devel on the team :-)

let me know if you have coding experience and would like to help more *G*
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
Grusifix
Trader
Trader

Post by Grusifix »

I'm thinking to help with VS. I'm working on win2k with VC6 SP3. But I have one problem. I really don't know how to work with CVS and I think that WinCVS doesn't work right.
Open your source
mbyron
Trader
Trader

Post by mbyron »

I'm working on Vega Strike using Windows XP (Home) and VC 7.1. Took me a while to get VC 7.1 working, but it does work now.

You do need to get cvs working with ssh to check code into VegaStrike. I am using WinCvs -- works for me. But figuring all this out was a pain -- there is Windows support for it all, but the open-source community just doesn't think like us closed-shop Windows-is-everything people. :-)
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

you need to install an ssh program and then give me a user account so I can add you to the project and give you cehkcout privs
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/