CVS in OSX Tiger

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
Lonestar
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

CVS in OSX Tiger

Post by Lonestar »

I am getting the following error compiling and can't figure out what to try next:
Making all in ai
source='firekeyboard.cpp' object='firekeyboard.o' libtool=no \
depfile='.deps/firekeyboard.Po' tmpdepfile='.deps/firekeyboard.TPo' \
depmode=gcc3 /bin/sh ../../../depcomp \
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../.. -Wno-long-double -DWITH_MACOSX_BUNDLE=1 -DHAVE_SDL=1 -DSDL_WINDOWING=1 -I/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.2.8.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Libraries/CIncludes -I/sw/include -I/sw/include -I/sw/include -DJPEG_SUPPORT -I/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.2.8.sdk/Library/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework/Headers -I/sw/include -I/usr/include/python2.3 -DHAVE_PYTHON=1 -DUSE_BOOST_131=1 -I../../../src/boost129 -I../../../src -I/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.2.8sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Libraries/CIncludes -pipe -falign-loops=2 -falign-jumps=2 -falign-functions=2 -I/sw/include/SDL -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT -pipe -c -o firekeyboard.o `test -f 'firekeyboard.cpp' || echo './'`firekeyboard.cpp
In file included from ../../../src/boost129/boost/config.hpp:35,
from ../../../src/boost129/boost/python/detail/config.hpp:15,
from ../../../src/boost129/boost/python/detail/prefix.hpp:14,
from ../../../src/boost129/boost/python/object.hpp:9,
from ../../../src/python/python_class.h:22,
from ../../../src/cmd/unit.cpp:49,
from ../../../src/cmd/unit.h:267,
from ../../../src/cmd/planet.h:10,
from firekeyboard.cpp:13:
../../../src/boost129/boost/config/compiler/gcc.hpp:92:7: warning: #warning "Unknown compiler version - please run the configure tests and report the results"
In file included from ../../../src/networking/lowlevel/vsnet_socketset.h:4,
from ../../../src/networking/lowlevel/vsnet_socket.h:27,
from ../../../src/networking/netclient.h:32,
from ../../../src/cmd/unit_physics.cpp:41,
from ../../../src/cmd/unit.cpp:60,
../../../config.h:5:1: warning: "BSD" redefined
In file included from /usr/include/arpa/inet.h:93,
from ../../../src/networking/lowlevel/vsnet_headers.h:14,
from ../../../src/networking/lowlevel/vsnet_address.h:28,
from ../../../src/networking/lowlevel/vsnet_socket.h:26,
from ../../../src/networking/netclient.h:32,
from ../../../src/cmd/unit_physics.cpp:41,
from ../../../src/cmd/unit.cpp:60,
/usr/include/sys/param.h:66:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
../../../src/gfx/aux_texture.h:36: error: expected class-name before '{' token
../../../src/gfx/aux_texture.h:56: error: 'VSImageMode' does not name a type
../../../src/gfx/aux_texture.h: In member function 'void Texture::InitTexture()':
../../../src/gfx/aux_texture.h:76: error: 'palette' was not declared in this scope
make[4]: *** [firekeyboard.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
==========
Lonestar
==========
"Not if we jam it! Down scope!"
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Weird. It looks like VSImage is not being declared, but it should be... I can't see a reason for it not being declared.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
Lonestar
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Lonestar »

I have no idea. It's gcc 4.0.1, latest that came with Xcode Tools. I tried it also with gcc 3.3 but I can't get that to compile either; that's an even more cryptic error. Any ideas?
==========
Lonestar
==========
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Can't think of anything, sorry. The code looks OK.
Perhaps dan, he's got more experience with Mac and its compiler's intrincacies.
Wing Commander Universe
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

Interesting....I haven't updated to 4.0.1 yet, but 4.0.0 gets past that fine ;-) (or at least it did...I'll confirm some time in the next day or so)

3.3 on the other hand worked flawlessly for me. So i'd be really interested to see what the error was :-)

Dan.a
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
-- Pablo Picasso
Lonestar
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Lonestar »

I also tried 3.3, but that errored out somewhere else. I can recompile using that and post the results if you like. That one appeared to me to offer less in the way of helpful output that I could follow for troubleshooting, though :)

That's what I get for learning Perl and PHP instead of C :)
==========
Lonestar
==========
Lonestar
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Lonestar »

Here is what I get with gcc 3.3:
In file included from main.cpp:27:
/usr/include/sys/param.h:66:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
g++ -I/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.2.8sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Libraries/CIncludes -pipe -falign-loops=2 -falign-jumps=2 -falign-functions=2 -I/sw/include/SDL -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT -pipe -o vegastrike vsfilesystem.o posh.o stardate.o star_system_xml.o star_system_generic.o universe_generic.o universe_util_generic.o galaxy.o galaxy_xml.o galaxy_gen.o faction_generic.o hashtable.o configxml.o easydom.o xml_serializer.o xml_support.o lin_time.o endianness.o faction_util_generic.o load_mission.o savegame.o pk3.o vs_globals.o command.o ship_commands.o mmorpgclient.o rendertext.o debug_vs.o gfxlib_struct.o in_joystick.o force_feedback.o faction_util.o in_kb.o in_sdl.o in_mouse.o in_main.o in_handler.o main_loop.o physics.o star_system_jump.o star_system.o universe.o universe_util.o config_xml.o macosx_math.o cg_global.o main.o networking/netserver_devices.o networking/libnetclient.a networking/lowlevel/libnetlowlevel.a cmd/script/script_call_briefing.o cmd/script/libscript.a cmd/script/c_alike/libc_alike.a python/briefing_wrapper.o cmd/libcmd.a cmd/base_init.o python/libpython.a gfx/libgfx.a gldrv/libgldrv.a cmd/ai/libai.a gui/libgui.a networking/libnet.a cmd/collide/libcollide.a boost129/libboost_python.a boost/libboost_python.a gfx/nav/libnav.a aldrv/libaldrv.a -lz -lvorbisfile -lvorbis -logg -F/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.2.8.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks -framework OpenGL -framework GLUT -lobjc -L/sw/lib -lSDLmain -lSDL -framework Cocoa -framework OpenGL -L/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.2.8.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Libraries -lGL -lGLU -framework GLUT -L/sw/lib -lexpat -L/sw/lib -lpng -L/sw/lib -ljpeg -framework OpenAL -lvorbisfile -lvorbis -logg /sw/lib/python2.3/config/libpython2.3.a --export-dynamic
ld: multiple definitions of symbol __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_1E
star_system_generic.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_1E in section (__DATA,__data)
command.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_1E in section (__DATA,__data)
ld: multiple definitions of symbol __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_2E
star_system_generic.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_2E in section (__DATA,__data)
command.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_2E in section (__DATA,__data)
ld: multiple definitions of symbol __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_3E
star_system_generic.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_3E in section (__DATA,__data)
command.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_3E in section (__DATA,__data)
ld: multiple definitions of symbol __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_4E
star_system_generic.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_4E in section (__DATA,__data)
command.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_4E in section (__DATA,__data)
ld: multiple definitions of symbol __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_5E
star_system_generic.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_5E in section (__DATA,__data)
command.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_5E in section (__DATA,__data)
ld: multiple definitions of symbol __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_6E
star_system_generic.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_6E in section (__DATA,__data)
command.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_6E in section (__DATA,__data)
ld: multiple definitions of symbol __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_7E
star_system_generic.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_7E in section (__DATA,__data)
command.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_7E in section (__DATA,__data)
ld: multiple definitions of symbol __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_8E
star_system_generic.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_8E in section (__DATA,__data)
command.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_8E in section (__DATA,__data)
ld: multiple definitions of symbol __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_9E
star_system_generic.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_9E in section (__DATA,__data)
command.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_9E in section (__DATA,__data)
ld: warning empty table of contents: boost/libboost_python.a (can't load from it)
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _tanf
macosx_math.o definition of _tanf in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/lib/libSystem.dylib(floating.o) definition of _tanf
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _cosf
macosx_math.o definition of _cosf in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/lib/libSystem.dylib(floating.o) definition of _cosf
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _sinf
macosx_math.o definition of _sinf in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/lib/libSystem.dylib(floating.o) definition of _sinf
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _sqrtf
macosx_math.o definition of _sqrtf in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/lib/libSystem.dylib(floating.o) definition of _sqrtf
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _powf
macosx_math.o definition of _powf in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/lib/libSystem.dylib(floating.o) definition of _powf
make[3]: *** [vegastrike] Error 1
==========
Lonestar
==========
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

I think I know what it is.

Try moving this line:

Code: Select all

static unsigned long mag01[2]={0x0UL, MATRIX_A()};
(vs_random.h, line 111)

to just below this one

unsigned long mt[NN_CONSTANT]; /* the array for the state vector  */
(vs_random.h, line 62)
NOTE: remove the initialization (the ={0x0UL, MATRIX_A()} part)

And add an include:

#include "vs_random.h"
to vs_globals.cpp, and to that file, add this as well:

unsigned long VSRandom::mag01[2]={0x0UL, MATRIX_A()};
Errors could be all over the place, because I can't test that on a compiler right now, and coding from memory never worked for me. But I guess you get the idea (and if not, I hope dan does).
Wing Commander Universe
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

hmm..that'll fix that error I think...but I think other errors will crop up...I think I remember battling through this actually, hellcat gave me the proper fix, which I guess I'll have to try and replicate again

anyway, this afternoon I should have some proper VS time, so I'll pull down the source twice and compile with 4.0.0 and 3.3 and see what happens (I'll make sure any fixes that won't conflict with ye olde 10.2 get committed, the others I'll post here :-) )

Dan.a
-- Pablo Picasso
Lonestar
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Lonestar »

Should I wait on trying Klauss' fix? Also, was Klauss' fix for 3.3 or 4.0.1?
==========
Lonestar
==========
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

Okay, spent some time on this this afternoon, results:

gcc 4.0.0 builds out of the box, no worries

don't have 4.0.1 atm, so no way to test ... and can't see the problem in your post :-/

gcc 3.3 I get a different error to you. But yours looks like the one I got last time...

The solution to the 3.3 problem (or at least part of it) is to change the ifdef at the top of maxosx_math.cpp to #if 0 (ie we don't want any of it defined)

That should get most of those errors, but perhaps not all.....I'll have to keep looking into the others.

For now though, how did you go about building with gcc 3.3? I did it a certain way this time, but not sure it's the same as last time...making sure I'm doing it the same way may help things :-)

Dan.a
-- Pablo Picasso
Lonestar
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Lonestar »

I'll try that. I just ran bootstrap and then ./configure --enable-macosx-bundle (in case that's still valid) and then make (after making clean).
==========
Lonestar
==========
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

we've enabled boost 1.33 in the cvs build for mac--hopefully it works

./configure --with-boost=1.33

try it out --maybe that solves your unknown compiler error problem
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
Lonestar
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Lonestar »

When running bootstrap-sh on a freshly cvs'd src, when it gets to automake -acf, I get:
configure.ac:27: option `tar-ustar' not recognized
EDIT: Nevermind; installed fink's automake/autoconf and that took care of that.
==========
Lonestar
==========
Lonestar
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Lonestar »

Okidokie. I did the following:

using gcc 3.3 (4.0.1 still goes boing at the same spot)
edited src/macosx_math.cpp
copied /usr/X11R6/include/GL/* to /sw/include/GL, which only had glut.h (I did this after starting to compile; it got to a point where gl.h and glu.h were called and unavailable for some reason)

And I got:
src/cmd/collection.h:54: warning: inline function `void
UnitCollection::UnitIterator::GetNextValidUnit()' used but never defined
g++ -I/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.2.8sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Libraries/CIncludes -pipe -falign-loops=2 -falign-jumps=2 -falign-functions=2 -I/sw/include/SDL -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT -pipe -o vegastrike src/cmd/ai/vegastrike-aggressive.o src/cmd/ai/vegastrike-comm_ai.o src/cmd/ai/vegastrike-communication_xml.o src/cmd/ai/vegastrike-communication.o src/cmd/ai/vegastrike-docking.o src/cmd/ai/vegastrike-event_xml.o src/cmd/ai/vegastrike-fire.o src/cmd/ai/vegastrike-fireall.o src/cmd/ai/vegastrike-flybywire.o src/cmd/ai/vegastrike-hard_coded_scripts.o src/cmd/ai/vegastrike-ikarus.o src/cmd/ai/vegastrike-missionscript.o src/cmd/ai/vegastrike-navigation.o src/cmd/ai/vegastrike-order_comm.o src/cmd/ai/vegastrike-order.o src/cmd/ai/vegastrike-script.o src/cmd/ai/vegastrike-tactics.o src/cmd/ai/vegastrike-turretai.o src/cmd/ai/vegastrike-warpto.o src/cmd/vegastrike-alphacurve.o src/cmd/vegastrike-asteroid_generic.o src/cmd/vegastrike-atmosphere_generic.o src/cmd/vegastrike-beam_generic.o src/cmd/vegastrike-bolt_generic.o src/cmd/vegastrike-building_generic.o src/cmd/vegastrike-collection.o src/cmd/vegastrike-collide_map.o src/cmd/vegastrike-collide.o src/cmd/vegastrike-container.o src/cmd/vegastrike-csv.o src/cmd/vegastrike-faction_xml.o src/cmd/vegastrike-missile_generic.o src/cmd/vegastrike-mount.o src/cmd/vegastrike-nebula_generic.o src/cmd/vegastrike-planet_generic.o src/cmd/vegastrike-role_bitmask.o src/cmd/vegastrike-unit_bsp.o src/cmd/vegastrike-unit_collide.o src/cmd/vegastrike-unit_const_cache.o src/cmd/vegastrike-unit_csv.o src/cmd/vegastrike-unit_factory_generic.o src/cmd/vegastrike-unit_functions_generic.o src/cmd/vegastrike-unit_generic.o src/cmd/vegastrike-unit_util_generic.o src/cmd/vegastrike-unit_xml.o src/cmd/vegastrike-weapon_xml.o src/cmd/collide/vegastrike-box.o src/cmd/collide/vegastrike-matrix3.o src/cmd/collide/vegastrike-pbuild.o src/cmd/collide/vegastrike-peigen.o src/cmd/collide/vegastrike-prapid.o src/cmd/collide/vegastrike-vector3.o src/gui/vegastrike-button.o src/gui/vegastrike-control.o src/gui/vegastrike-eventmanager.o src/gui/vegastrike-eventresponder.o src/gui/vegastrike-font.o src/gui/vegastrike-general.o src/gui/vegastrike-glut_support.o src/gui/vegastrike-groupcontrol.o src/gui/vegastrike-guidefs.o src/gui/vegastrike-guitexture.o src/gui/vegastrike-modaldialog.o src/gui/vegastrike-newbutton.o src/gui/vegastrike-painttext.o src/gui/vegastrike-picker.o src/gui/vegastrike-scroller.o src/gui/vegastrike-simplepicker.o src/gui/vegastrike-slider.o src/gui/vegastrike-staticdisplay.o src/gui/vegastrike-text_area.o src/gui/vegastrike-textinputdisplay.o src/gui/vegastrike-window.o src/gui/vegastrike-windowcontroller.o src/networking/vegastrike-inet_file.o src/networking/vegastrike-inet.o src/networking/vegastrike-accountsxml.o src/networking/vegastrike-client.o src/networking/vegastrike-fileutil.o src/networking/vegastrike-savenet_util.o src/networking/vegastrike-cubicsplines.o src/networking/vegastrike-mangle.o src/networking/vegastrike-netclient_clients.o src/networking/vegastrike-netclient_devices.o src/networking/vegastrike-netclient_login.o src/networking/vegastrike-netclient.o src/networking/vegastrike-netserver_acct.o src/networking/vegastrike-netserver_clients.o src/networking/vegastrike-netserver_devices.o src/networking/vegastrike-netserver_login.o src/networking/vegastrike-netserver_net.o src/networking/vegastrike-netserver.o src/networking/vegastrike-prediction.o src/networking/vegastrike-zonemgr.o src/networking/vegastrike-networkcomm.o src/networking/vegastrike-webcam_support.o src/python/vegastrike-init.o src/python/vegastrike-python_compile.o src/python/vegastrike-unit_exports.o src/python/vegastrike-unit_exports1.o src/python/vegastrike-unit_exports2.o src/python/vegastrike-unit_exports3.o src/python/vegastrike-unit_method_defs.o src/python/vegastrike-unit_wrapper.o src/python/vegastrike-universe_util_export.o src/vegastrike-cg_global.o src/vegastrike-command.o src/vegastrike-config_xml.o src/vegastrike-debug_vs.o src/vegastrike-faction_util.o src/vegastrike-force_feedback.o src/vegastrike-gfxlib_struct.o src/vegastrike-in_handler.o src/vegastrike-in_joystick.o src/vegastrike-in_kb.o src/vegastrike-in_main.o src/vegastrike-in_mouse.o src/vegastrike-in_sdl.o src/vegastrike-macosx_math.o src/vegastrike-main_loop.o src/vegastrike-mmorpgclient.o src/vegastrike-physics.o src/vegastrike-rendertext.o src/vegastrike-ship_commands.o src/vegastrike-star_system_jump.o src/vegastrike-star_system.o src/vegastrike-universe_util.o src/vegastrike-universe.o src/vegastrike-configxml.o src/vegastrike-easydom.o src/vegastrike-endianness.o src/vegastrike-faction_generic.o src/vegastrike-faction_util_generic.o src/vegastrike-galaxy_gen.o src/vegastrike-galaxy_xml.o src/vegastrike-galaxy.o src/vegastrike-hashtable.o src/vegastrike-lin_time.o src/vegastrike-load_mission.o src/vegastrike-pk3.o src/vegastrike-posh.o src/vegastrike-savegame.o src/vegastrike-star_system_generic.o src/vegastrike-star_system_xml.o src/vegastrike-stardate.o src/vegastrike-universe_generic.o src/vegastrike-universe_util_generic.o src/vegastrike-vs_globals.o src/vegastrike-vsfilesystem.o src/vegastrike-xml_serializer.o src/vegastrike-xml_support.o src/cmd/script/vegastrike-director_generic.o src/cmd/script/vegastrike-mission_script.o src/cmd/script/vegastrike-mission.o src/cmd/script/vegastrike-msgcenter.o src/cmd/script/vegastrike-pythonmission.o src/cmd/script/vegastrike-script_call_olist.o src/cmd/script/vegastrike-script_call_omap.o src/cmd/script/vegastrike-script_call_order.o src/cmd/script/vegastrike-script_call_string.o src/cmd/script/vegastrike-script_call_unit_generic.o src/cmd/script/vegastrike-script_callbacks.o src/cmd/script/vegastrike-script_expression.o src/cmd/script/vegastrike-script_generic.o src/cmd/script/vegastrike-script_statement.o src/cmd/script/vegastrike-script_util.o src/cmd/script/vegastrike-script_variables.o src/aldrv/vegastrike-al_globals.o src/aldrv/vegastrike-al_init.o src/aldrv/vegastrike-al_listen.o src/aldrv/vegastrike-al_sound.o src/cmd/ai/vegastrike-firekeyboard.o src/cmd/ai/vegastrike-flyjoystick.o src/cmd/ai/vegastrike-flykeyboard.o src/cmd/ai/vegastrike-input_dfa.o src/cmd/vegastrike-asteroid.o src/cmd/vegastrike-atmosphere.o src/cmd/vegastrike-base_init.o src/cmd/vegastrike-base_interface.o src/cmd/vegastrike-base_util.o src/cmd/vegastrike-base_write_python.o src/cmd/vegastrike-base_write_xml.o src/cmd/vegastrike-base_xml.o src/cmd/vegastrike-basecomputer.o src/cmd/vegastrike-beam.o src/cmd/vegastrike-bolt.o src/cmd/vegastrike-briefing.o src/cmd/vegastrike-building.o src/cmd/vegastrike-click_list.o src/cmd/vegastrike-cont_terrain.o src/cmd/vegastrike-music.o src/cmd/vegastrike-nebula.o src/cmd/vegastrike-planet.o src/cmd/script/c_alike/vegastrike-c_alike.tab.o src/cmd/script/c_alike/vegastrike-lex.yy.o src/cmd/script/vegastrike-director.o src/cmd/script/vegastrike-flightgroup.o src/cmd/script/vegastrike-script_call_briefing.o src/cmd/script/vegastrike-script_call_unit.o src/cmd/vegastrike-terrain.o src/cmd/vegastrike-unit_factory.o src/cmd/vegastrike-unit_functions.o src/cmd/vegastrike-unit_interface.o src/cmd/vegastrike-unit_util.o src/gfx/vegastrike-ani_texture.o src/gfx/vegastrike-animation.o src/gfx/vegastrike-aux_logo.o src/gfx/vegastrike-aux_palette.o src/gfx/vegastrike-aux_texture.o src/gfx/vegastrike-background.o src/gfx/vegastrike-camera.o src/gfx/vegastrike-cockpit_xml.o src/gfx/vegastrike-cockpit.o src/gfx/vegastrike-coord_select.o src/gfx/vegastrike-env_map_gent.o src/gfx/vegastrike-gauge.o src/gfx/vegastrike-halo_system.o src/gfx/vegastrike-halo.o src/gfx/vegastrike-hud.o src/gfx/vegastrike-jpeg_memory.o src/gfx/vegastrike-loc_select.o src/gfx/vegastrike-masks.o src/gfx/vegastrike-mesh_gfx.o src/gfx/nav/vegastrike-criteria_xml.o src/gfx/nav/vegastrike-criteria.o src/gfx/nav/vegastrike-drawgalaxy.o src/gfx/nav/vegastrike-drawlist.o src/gfx/nav/vegastrike-drawsystem.o src/gfx/nav/vegastrike-navcomputer.o src/gfx/nav/vegastrike-navgetxmldata.o src/gfx/nav/vegastrike-navpath.o src/gfx/nav/vegastrike-navscreen.o src/gfx/nav/vegastrike-navscreenoccupied.o src/gfx/vegastrike-particle.o src/gfx/vegastrike-pipelined_texture.o src/gfx/vegastrike-quadsquare_cull.o src/gfx/vegastrike-quadsquare_render.o src/gfx/vegastrike-quadsquare_update.o src/gfx/vegastrike-quadsquare.o src/gfx/vegastrike-quadtree_xml.o src/gfx/vegastrike-quadtree.o src/gfx/vegastrike-ring.o src/gfx/vegastrike-sphere.o src/gfx/vegastrike-sprite.o src/gfx/vegastrike-star.o src/gfx/vegastrike-stream_texture.o src/gfx/vegastrike-tex_transform.o src/gfx/vegastrike-vdu.o src/gfx/vegastrike-vsbox.o src/gfx/vegastrike-vsimage.o src/gfx/vegastrike-warptrail.o src/gldrv/vegastrike-gl_clip.o src/gldrv/vegastrike-gl_fog.o src/gldrv/vegastrike-gl_globals.o src/gldrv/vegastrike-gl_init.o src/gldrv/vegastrike-gl_light_pick.o src/gldrv/vegastrike-gl_light_state.o src/gldrv/vegastrike-gl_light.o src/gldrv/vegastrike-gl_material.o src/gldrv/vegastrike-gl_matrix.o src/gldrv/vegastrike-gl_misc.o src/gldrv/vegastrike-gl_quad_list.o src/gldrv/vegastrike-gl_sphere_list.o src/gldrv/vegastrike-gl_state.o src/gldrv/vegastrike-gl_texture.o src/gldrv/vegastrike-gl_vertex_list.o src/gldrv/vegastrike-winsys.o src/vegastrike-main.o src/python/vegastrike-briefing_wrapper.o libboost_python.a libgfx.a libnetlowlevel.a -lz -lvorbisfile -lvorbis -logg -F/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.2.8.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks -framework OpenGL -framework GLUT -framework CoreAudio -lobjc -L/sw/lib -lSDLmain -lSDL -framework Cocoa -framework OpenGL -L/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.2.8.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Libraries -lGL -lGLU -framework GLUT -L/sw/lib -lexpat -L/sw/lib -lpng -L/sw/lib -ljpeg -framework OpenAL -lvorbisfile -lvorbis -logg /sw/lib/python2.3/config/libpython2.3.a --export-dynamic
ld: multiple definitions of symbol __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_1E
src/vegastrike-command.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_1E in section (__DATA,__data)
src/vegastrike-star_system_generic.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_1E in section (__DATA,__data)
ld: multiple definitions of symbol __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_2E
src/vegastrike-command.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_2E in section (__DATA,__data)
src/vegastrike-star_system_generic.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_2E in section (__DATA,__data)
ld: multiple definitions of symbol __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_3E
src/vegastrike-command.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_3E in section (__DATA,__data)
src/vegastrike-star_system_generic.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_3E in section (__DATA,__data)
ld: multiple definitions of symbol __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_4E
src/vegastrike-command.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_4E in section (__DATA,__data)
src/vegastrike-star_system_generic.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_4E in section (__DATA,__data)
ld: multiple definitions of symbol __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_5E
src/vegastrike-command.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_5E in section (__DATA,__data)
src/vegastrike-star_system_generic.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_5E in section (__DATA,__data)
ld: multiple definitions of symbol __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_6E
src/vegastrike-command.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_6E in section (__DATA,__data)
src/vegastrike-star_system_generic.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_6E in section (__DATA,__data)
ld: multiple definitions of symbol __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_7E
src/vegastrike-command.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_7E in section (__DATA,__data)
src/vegastrike-star_system_generic.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_7E in section (__DATA,__data)
ld: multiple definitions of symbol __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_8E
src/vegastrike-command.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_8E in section (__DATA,__data)
src/vegastrike-star_system_generic.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_8E in section (__DATA,__data)
ld: multiple definitions of symbol __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_9E
src/vegastrike-command.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_9E in section (__DATA,__data)
src/vegastrike-star_system_generic.o definition of __ZN50_GLOBAL__N__ZGVZN8VSRandom13genrand_int32EvE5mag012_9E in section (__DATA,__data)
make[1]: *** [vegastrike] Error 1
==========
Lonestar
==========
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

that is just *bizzare* command.cpp somehow containing an xtra copy of those randomize functions... can you possibly remove command.cpp from Makefile.am and see what problems you get--- command.cpp isn't really used much right now--so we could survive getting rid of it for just a bit
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

Aha! Good spotting TS, that explains it :-)

The gcc 3 build I did a while ago was *without* the command.cpp stuff....that explains why it worked, and why I never got this error before ;-)

Dan.a
-- Pablo Picasso
Lonestar
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Lonestar »

I can just comment out the src/command.cpp line? Should I do the same with command.h? Sorry, not a real programmer. PHP, remember? ;)
==========
Lonestar
==========
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

hmm.....actually, I think a fair bit of hacking was involved....I'll see if I can work out which source tree was the one I had working and tarball it up for you :-) Not sure when I'll have time though, the next few days are hectic, but I *will* get it done :-)

Dan.a
-- Pablo Picasso
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

Found it. Caution, 40 odd meg (dunno why, nothing binary as far as I could see). Let me know when you've got it as I'll have to remove it fairly quickly.

http://black-paralysis.sourceforge.net/ ... and.tar.gz

Just to note, do *not* run bootstrap-sh or any of the autotools again (the hackage involved was, among other things, on the generated Makefile rather than the .am or .in).

Other than that the command stuff is removed here, so give that a whirl and see if it compiles (sorry, but I don't have time myself, gotta pack tonight cause I'm essentially not home till I fly out now). Any problems email is best, as I can't guarantee I'll be forum visiting over the next two weeks. :-)

Email me an update anyway, even if it does work :-)

Dan.a
-- Pablo Picasso
Lonestar
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Lonestar »

Okidokie, and thanks for all the help. I've got it downloaded now, and I'll see what I can get done :)
==========
Lonestar
==========
Lonestar
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Lonestar »

OK, after a bit of work to get it to find my libraries (fink for 10.4.x does not have everything needed, apparently, so I pointed it to /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4.0.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/ for all the frameworks), I can build up to soundserver:
source='soundserver.cpp' object='soundserver.o' libtool=no \
depfile='.deps/soundserver.Po' tmpdepfile='.deps/soundserver.TPo' \
depmode=gcc3 /bin/sh ../../depcomp \
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -Wno-long-double -I/sw/include -I/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4.0.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Headers -I/sw/include -I/sw/include -I/sw/include -DJPEG_SUPPORT -DHAVE_AL=1 -I/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4.0.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework/Versions/A/Headers -I/sw/include -I/sw/include -DHAVE_OGG -I/usr/include/python2.3 -DHAVE_PYTHON=1 -DUSE_BOOST_131=1 -I../../src/boost129 -I../../src -I/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4.0.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Headers -pipe -O2 -ffast-math -falign-loops=2 -falign-jumps=2 -falign-functions=2 -D_REENTRANT -pipe -c -o soundserver.o `test -f 'soundserver.cpp' || echo './'`soundserver.cpp
soundserver.cpp: In function `int main(int, char**)':
soundserver.cpp:612: error: `MIX_CHANNEL_POST' undeclared (first use this
function)
soundserver.cpp:612: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
for each function it appears in.)
make[4]: *** [soundserver.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
SpaceBallOne:~/Documents/VS/vegastrike jso$
I'll send a msg to Dan, too.
==========
Lonestar
==========
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Perhaps you need a newer SDL.
What version do you have right now?

1.2.8 should be fine, but 1.2.9 fixed a lot of MAC issues (so you may want to try it).
Wing Commander Universe
Lonestar
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Lonestar »

Fink is using 1.2.8, and I can't seem to get configure to see my sdl framework (1.2.9) in /System/Library/Frameworks/SDL.framework, but either way, I'm working on that command.cpp-less source tree that Dan gave me and I don't want to run configure on it to tell it where 1.2.9 is anyway. I already had to do a bit of work on it to let it know where my libs are anyway, though, because Dan seems to have them all in /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.2.8.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks, and I do not have the complete set in there (the majority of mine are in 10.4.0).
==========
Lonestar
==========
balloyd1
Trader
Trader

Major changes to the build system

Post by balloyd1 »

For those using Mac OS/X to build VegaStrike, there has been a major overhaul of the build system. If you could pull fresh copies and attempt to build it using gcc 3.3 and gcc 4.X, I would appreciate it. I will attempt to fix any errors reported here or in the Bug Tracker identifying build failures in the next two weeks (sorry but I'm overcommitted right now). However, one of the things I was attempting to do with the build system overhaul was to make supporting the various platforms like Max OS/X easier, even for Dev's that don't have access to that system. That said, I do (usually) have access to a Mac, so I should be able to duplicate problems myself. Assuming the Sourceforge Compile Farm doesn't break yet again...

The end goal of these changes is to remove any need for major hacking to get VegaStrike to compile, and to make fixing breakages easier in the future. After all, the Windows devs (ie klauss) are great at breaking the build. :wink: