Python.h - no such file

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
CoffeeBot
Intrepid Venturer
Intrepid Venturer

Python.h - no such file

Post by CoffeeBot »

Trying to compile CVS downloaded from a night or two ago (and I've updated it several times), and I keep getting the following output:

Code: Select all

make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/nphillips/installs/vegastrike/vegastrike_cvs_head/vegastrike'
Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/nphillips/installs/vegastrike/vegastrike_cvs_head/vegastrike/src'
Making all in cmd
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/nphillips/installs/vegastrike/vegastrike_cvs_head/vegastrike/src/cmd'
Making all in ai
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/nphillips/installs/vegastrike/vegastrike_cvs_head/vegastrike/src/cmd/ai'
if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../..   -DUSE_BOOST_131=1 -I../../../src/boost129  -I../../../src   -pipe  -O2 -ffast-math -falign-loops=2 -falign-jumps=2 -falign-functions=2  -pthread -pipe -MT comm_ai.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/comm_ai.Tpo" -c -o comm_ai.o comm_ai.cpp; \
then mv -f ".deps/comm_ai.Tpo" ".deps/comm_ai.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/comm_ai.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
comm_ai.cpp: In function ‘void GetMadAt(Unit*, Unit*, int)’:
comm_ai.cpp:123: warning: converting to ‘int’ from ‘float’
comm_ai.cpp: In function ‘int InList(std::string, Unit*)’:
comm_ai.cpp:203: warning: converting to ‘int’ from ‘float’
if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../..   -DUSE_BOOST_131=1 -I../../../src/boost129  -I../../../src   -pipe  -O2 -ffast-math -falign-loops=2 -falign-jumps=2 -falign-functions=2  -pthread -pipe -MT docking.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/docking.Tpo" -c -o docking.o docking.cpp; \
then mv -f ".deps/docking.Tpo" ".deps/docking.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/docking.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
In file included from docking.cpp:1:
../../../src/python/python_compile.h:3:20: error: Python.h: No such file or directory
../../../src/python/python_compile.h:6:21: error: compile.h: No such file or directory
../../../src/python/python_compile.h:7: error: ‘PyCodeObject’ was not declared in this scope
../../../src/python/python_compile.h:7: error: template argument 2 is invalid
../../../src/python/python_compile.h:7: error: invalid type in declaration before ‘;’ token
../../../src/python/python_compile.h:26: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘PyObject’ with no type
../../../src/python/python_compile.h:26: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token
../../../src/python/python_compile.h:37: error: expected `;' before ‘}’ token
../../../src/python/python_compile.h:39: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘*’ token
../../../src/python/python_compile.h:41: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘*’ token
make[4]: *** [docking.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/nphillips/installs/vegastrike/vegastrike_cvs_head/vegastrike/src/cmd/ai'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/nphillips/installs/vegastrike/vegastrike_cvs_head/vegastrike/src/cmd'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/nphillips/installs/vegastrike/vegastrike_cvs_head/vegastrike/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/nphillips/installs/vegastrike/vegastrike_cvs_head/vegastrike'
make: *** [all] Error 2
Error running 'make'
My config.log is here.

I used the cvs script off of the wiki, and had to add --disable-gtktest and tried --with-python=/usr/include/python2.4/
duan
Explorer
Explorer

Post by duan »

same issue for me, just downloaded and tried to compile two hours ago.
I didn't do anything apart from running the script and getting the same errors as you.

Were you at all able to get it to compile or is it maybe just a bad file in the repository? (in which case it might soon get resolved?)

Duan
Where do I buy a MIG welder to add a heavy gunport to my Llama?
balloyd1
Trader
Trader

Python.h -> Suspicious configure action

Post by balloyd1 »

Could you please post the output from configure.

You can get this by typing

./configure > cfg.txt 2>&1
and then pasting the contents of cfg.txt into a message here.

Also, did you run bootstrap-sh to create the configure script?
CoffeeBot
Intrepid Venturer
Intrepid Venturer

Post by CoffeeBot »

I used the script provided in the wiki that manages downloading cvs, configure and compile.
Looking at bootstrap-sh, it's virtually identical to the configure section of the cvs script.

Here's my config output (the first 250 lines are all of the wondermous deletion of makefiles and such)
CoffeeBot
Intrepid Venturer
Intrepid Venturer

Post by CoffeeBot »

Alright. It's compiling now. I decided to screw the CVS script and do it myself...and guess what worked?

Someone should remove that thing from the download page.