Can't find setup prog in Linux

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Most of my complaints were concerning the config from the latest non-cvs version, except the one about teleporting; --that was from the cvs config. Thanks, the plans sound good. I'm playing at 'deccelerated game-play' level and can't deal with aera at all. Anyhow, I made it back to Cephid 17, bought a Ploughshare, and I'll try to save 1 M credits and get a Dostoyevsky, see if that does the trick. Thanks again.
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

I have just confirmed that somehow you have got your configs messed up.... the teleport autopilot is not in cvs, and has not been for a few years now :-)

It is however, in privateer (and in that broken install that used the privateer's config). So yeah, make sure you copy the cvs config manually, and all will be good :-)

Dan.a
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
-- Pablo Picasso
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Hmmm... I think you'd better take a look at what's in the cvs under vssetup, for I am *positive* I did not mix up privateer's setup. I could not have, because I don't have privateer in my computer atm. When I played the Remake and WCU, it was in unix, Fedora Core 2, but when I tried to install FC3 over it, it bombed, and I had to reformat the drive and make a clean install. The setup that featured teleport came definitely from the folder named 'vssetup' under vegastrike in the cvs. Checked it out on June 7.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Yep. The vegastrike.config in vssetup/src/bin file is really old (december 2004, as opposed to May 2005 on the real vegastrike.config). It should be updated, or (if it isn't necessary, better yet, deleted).
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

Didn't even remember that one existed :-) (They had been relocated to the data folder since before data4.x/)

They're useful to have in the bin/ folder for testing purposes I suppose....so may I suggest simply use the one in the data4.x/ folder instead :-)

I'll update the ones in the bin/ folder when I get cvs working again :-)

Dan.a
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
-- Pablo Picasso