VegaStrike on FC2

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
gnopish
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

VegaStrike on FC2

Post by gnopish »

Hi everybody, i'm new to VegaStrike ... and wanted to give it a try as i'm a big fan of 3d-space games.
So i've downloaded the installer for 0.4.2 and run it ...
the files downloaded normally, but when i tried to compile, the next things happened :
1. glext.h problem, which i solved
2. soundserver.cpp was addressing some members of a struct that are no longer there, which i solved again :)
3. So, i run into a problem where soundserver.cpp won't link because it uses some functions from inet_file.cpp which is not linked with it (i solved this one with some hacking) ...

Now the problem is that on running "vsinstaller" install , it would raise me a lot of errors .... which i could not solve this time....

I've downloaded 0.4.1 RPMsand tried to install them but when installing, it gives me a dependency error : OpenAL not present (but i have openal on my system) ... lets say i've --nodeps it :) ... All went ok ... i configured the the game to use 1024x768x16.
Now, the following error occurs when trying to run vegastrike :

vegastrike: freeglut_misc.c:59: glutExtensionSupported: Assertion `fgState.Initialised' failed.

What's next ???? What sould i do to make it run ???
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

I made this mistake when I was on the east coast

my bro ace123 fixed it

just cvs update (it may take up to 24 hours for sourceforge to sync up)
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/