Trouble compiling CVS, 8/29/04

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
thegreatape
Trader
Trader

Trouble compiling CVS, 8/29/04

Post by thegreatape »

Make is quitting with errors; logs follow.

output from make

Code: Select all

g++  -pipe  -ggdb3 -falign-loops=2 -falign-jumps=2 -falign-functions=2  -I/usr/include/SDL -D_REENTRANT -pthread -pipe  -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib  -o soundserver  inet.o soundserver.o -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib -lSDL -lpthread  -lutil -L/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib -lSDL -lpthread  -lGL  -lGLU  -lglut  -lXi -lXmu  -lexpat  -lpng  -ljpeg -lpython2.3 -Xlinker -export-dynamic -pthread 
soundserver.o(.text+0x61): In function `__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >*, std::vector<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::allocator<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > > > std::__uninitialized_copy_aux<__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >*, std::vector<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::allocator<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > > >, __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >*, std::vector<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::allocator<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > > > >(__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >*, std::vector<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::allocator<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > > >, __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >*, std::vector<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::allocator<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > > >, __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >*, std::vector<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::allocator<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > > >, __false_type)':
/usr/share/games/vegastrike_cvs/vegastrike/src/networking/soundserver.cpp:66: undefined reference to `Mix_CloseAudio'
soundserver.o(.text+0x263): In function `PlayMusic(char const*, _Mix_Music*)':
/usr/share/games/vegastrike_cvs/vegastrike/src/networking/soundserver.cpp:103: undefined reference to `Mix_LoadMUS'
soundserver.o(.text+0x28f):/usr/share/games/vegastrike_cvs/vegastrike/src/networking/soundserver.cpp:106: undefined reference to `Mix_LoadMUS'
soundserver.o(.text+0x2cb):/usr/share/games/vegastrike_cvs/vegastrike/src/networking/soundserver.cpp:110: undefined reference to `Mix_LoadMUS'
soundserver.o(.text+0x307): In function `PlayMusic(char const*, _Mix_Music*)':
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.2/include/g++-v3/bits/vector.tcc:257: undefined reference to `Mix_FadeOutMusic'
soundserver.o(.text+0x30d): In function `PlayMusic(char const*, _Mix_Music*)':
/usr/share/games/vegastrike_cvs/vegastrike/src/networking/soundserver.cpp:120: undefined reference to `Mix_PlayingMusic'
soundserver.o(.text+0x332):/usr/share/games/vegastrike_cvs/vegastrike/src/networking/soundserver.cpp:124: undefined reference to `Mix_FreeMusic'
soundserver.o(.text+0x35c):/usr/share/games/vegastrike_cvs/vegastrike/src/networking/soundserver.cpp:128: undefined reference to `Mix_FadeInMusic'
soundserver.o(.text+0x3b9):/usr/share/games/vegastrike_cvs/vegastrike/src/networking/soundserver.cpp:135: undefined reference to `Mix_VolumeMusic'
soundserver.o(.text+0x502): In function `main':
/usr/share/games/vegastrike_cvs/vegastrike/src/networking/soundserver.cpp:200: undefined reference to `Mix_HookMusicFinished'
soundserver.o(.text+0x52d):/usr/share/games/vegastrike_cvs/vegastrike/src/networking/soundserver.cpp:205: undefined reference to `Mix_OpenAudio'
soundserver.o(.text+0x55f):/usr/share/games/vegastrike_cvs/vegastrike/src/networking/soundserver.cpp:209: undefined reference to `Mix_QuerySpec'
soundserver.o(.text+0x82b):/usr/share/games/vegastrike_cvs/vegastrike/src/networking/soundserver.cpp:245: undefined reference to `Mix_PlayingMusic'
soundserver.o(.text+0xc42):/usr/share/games/vegastrike_cvs/vegastrike/src/networking/soundserver.cpp:317: undefined reference to `Mix_VolumeMusic'
soundserver.o(.text+0xcca):/usr/share/games/vegastrike_cvs/vegastrike/src/networking/soundserver.cpp:334: undefined reference to `Mix_CloseAudio'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [soundserver] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/share/games/vegastrike_cvs/vegastrike/src/networking'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/share/games/vegastrike_cvs/vegastrike/src/networking'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/share/games/vegastrike_cvs/vegastrike/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/share/games/vegastrike_cvs/vegastrike'
make: *** [all] Error 2
The forum doesn't seem to like the length of my config.log, so I posted it here.
energyman76b
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by energyman76b »

you should:
unmerge sdl-mixer and emerge it again, that should fix it. If not, unmerge ALL sdl-packages and emerge them again. I had the same error, that fixed it for me.
thegreatape
Trader
Trader

Post by thegreatape »

I unmerged libsdl, esdl, and sdl-mixer, then remerged them all. Still getting the same error.
energyman76b
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by energyman76b »

Hi,

you made an emerge -s sdl, unmerged ALL sdl-packages and remerged them in the right order? (sdl libs first?).

Do you have sdl-sound (I think that was the culprit in my case)?

And did you do a 'make clean', before your next attempt to build vs?
thegreatape
Trader
Trader

Post by thegreatape »

Yep, I did emerge -s sdl and umerged the following: sdl-mixer, sdl-sound, esdl, and libsdl. I then emerged, in order:

libsdl
esdl
sdl-sound
sdl-mixer

Then, in the vegastrike directory:
make clean
make

The compilation process still quits with the exact same error.
energyman76b
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by energyman76b »

Hi,

after 'make clean' you should do a ./configure --yoursettings, before you try the 'make'
thegreatape
Trader
Trader

Post by thegreatape »

Ah, thank you! Everything compiles correctly now.