missing directory

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
lee
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

missing directory

Post by lee »

yun:~/cvs/vegastrike> aclocal
yun:~/cvs/vegastrike> autoconf
yun:~/cvs/vegastrike> autoheader
autoheader2.50: `config.h.in' is unchanged
yun:~/cvs/vegastrike> automake -a --add-missing
src/Makefile.am:4: required directory src/\ does not exist

... but the src directory is there and contains many files.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

looks like it may be a line feed problem with src/Makefile.am
try running dos2unix on it or check it with a program like Emacs that will tell you what type of line feeds exist.

Try putting everything after the \ on each line onto one line:

Code: Select all

bin_PROGRAMS = vegastrike vegaserver accountserver

SUBDIRS = cmd gfx gldrv aldrv python gui networking boost common boost129

vegastrike_LDADD = networking/netserver_devices.oaldrv/libaldrv.a networking/libnetclient.a networking/lowlevel/libnetlowlevel.a cmd/script/script_call_briefing.o cmd/script/libscript.a cmd/script/c_alike/libc_alike.a python/briefing_wrapper.o cmd/libcmd.a cmd/base_init.o python/libpython.a gfx/libgfx.a gldrv/libgldrv.a cmd/ai/libai.a gui/libgui.a networking/libnet.a cmd/collide/libcollide.a boost129/libboost_python.a          boost/libboost_python.a             gfx/nav/libnav.a-lz

vegaserver_LDADD = networking/netserver_devices.ocmd/script/director_server.o cmd/unit_util_generic.o cmd/unit_util_server.o networking/netclient.o networking/libnetserver.a networking/lowlevel/libnetlowlevel.a cmd/libcmdserver.a cmd/script/libscriptserver.a cmd/ai/libaiserver.a cmd/script/c_alike/libc_alike.a python/libpythonserver.a gfx/libgfxserver.a gldrv/libgldrvserver.a cmd/collide/libcollide.a boost129/libboost_python.a      boost/libboost_python.a        -lz

accountserver_LDADD = networking/libnetacct.a networking/lowlevel/libnetlowlevel.a -lz

libroot = debug_vs.hdebug_vs.cppgfxlib.hgfxlib_struct.hgfxlib_struct.cpplinecollide.hin_joystick.cppin_joystick.hforce_feedback.cppforce_feedback.hfaction_util.cppin_kb.cppin_kb.hin_sdl.cppin_mouse.cppin_mouse.hin_main.cppin_main.hin_handler.cppin_handler.hmain_loop.hmain_loop.cppphysics.hphysics.cppresizable.hstar_system_jump.cppstar_system.cpp star_system.h universe.cppuniverse.huniverse_util.huniverse_util.cppconfig_xml.cppconfig_xml.hprofile.h audiolib.h    macosx_math.cpp    macosx_math.hcg_global.cpp

librootgeneric = vsfilesystem.cppvsfilesystem.hposh.cppposh.hstardate.cppstardate.hstar_system_xml.cppstar_system_generic.cpp star_system_generic.h universe_generic.cppuniverse_generic.huniverse_util_generic.cpp universe_util_generic.h galaxy.cppgalaxy_xml.cppgalaxy_xml.hgalaxy_gen.cppgalaxy_gen.hfaction_generic.cppfaction_generic.hhashtable.hhashtable.cppconfigxml.cppconfigxml.heasydom.cppeasydom.hxml_serializer.cppxml_serializer.hxml_support.h  xml_support.cpplin_time.cpplin_time.hendianness.cppendianness.hfile_main.hin.hfaction_util_generic.cppload_mission.cppsavegame.cppsavegame.hvegastrike.hpk3.cpppk3.hvs_globals.cpp

librootserver = gfxlib_struct_server.cpplibaudioserver.cpplibserver.cppuniverse_util_server.cppforce_feedback_server.cppfaction_util_server.cpp

vegaserver_SOURCES = $(librootgeneric) $(librootserver)vegaserver.cpp

accountserver_SOURCES =vsfilesystem.cppvsfilesystem.hpk3.cpppk3.hposh.cpplibserver.cppconfigxml.cppconfigxml.heasydom.cppeasydom.hxml_support.h  xml_support.cpplin_time.cpplin_time.hendianness.cppendianness.haccountserver.cpp

#galaxy_gen.cpp
#galaxy_gen.h

vegastrike_SOURCES = $(librootgeneric) $(libroot) main.cpp

If it in fact is caused by linefeeds, this may be related to the other error you had with corrupt executables in your other post.

Not sure how such linefeed problems could happen on linux, as my Makefile.am works perfectly.
lee
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by lee »

Thank you very much! It can very well be a CR/LF problem as I downloaded the cvs at a friend of mine with a Windoze computer.

However, I've found that I'll have to upgrade to a more recent version of python before I can compile, and that leads me to having to upgrade my rather old Woody to something more recent. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until I'll get my DSL connection before I can do all these things ...
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

maybe you can use dostounix on those files

anyhow I have woody and I build and run VS just fine
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
lee
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by lee »

Hm, can you actually compile it with standard Woody packages installed? Python was afair not the only thing too old, so I upgraded one or the other package. But dependencies of python make upgrading difficult.

However, I´ll give it another try this evening :)
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

yes...I only installed vanilla debian stale (woody) packages

you have to hunt for the python22 package--but it's there...you can install it alongside the system default python21
:-)

Ithe list of needed packages

libopenal-dev (.200106160)
libsdl-mixer1.2-dev
python2.2-dev
libpng3-dev
libjpeg62-dev
libexpat1-dev

I think that does it :-) (at least with all the dependencies that those packages depend on)
no foriegn packages wrt vegastrike
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/