Comparison to Null

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
Itusa
Hunter
Hunter

Comparison to Null

Post by Itusa »

Looks like Mr Horn is a fan of violating C++ at every turn.

I have a bit of a problem in src/cmd/ai/order_comm.cpp (line 15 or so)

https://github.com/Taose/Vegastrike-taose/issues/53

Basically, GCC throws a hissyfit with a nonnull comparison with null, unfortunately I don't understand how to fix it and I'm hoping someone might be willing to help on this score.
Operating System: (Linux) Ubuntu 16.10 (Yakkety)
Vegastrike-taose: 0.5.1
jhonfilly
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Re: Comparison to Null

Post by jhonfilly »

I'm currently working with the freenode#vegastrike group to get the project into a compilable state. Initially I couldn't get the SVN to even think about compiling (conflicting instructions, one set requiring using a shell file, the other using cmake) and the stable wouldn't do anything either...so I grabbed the stable source, uploaded to github and got to work.
shafi
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Comparison to Null

Post by loki1950 »

WE dropped support for config quite a few years ago actually as it became a nightmare to maintain for the 3 platforms we support so use the cmake instructions but there is a major caveat the source code has not been touched in several years so the library dependencies which have updated in the mean time introducing lots of API changes that need changes to the source I am one of the last men standing on this project and I do not know C++ well enough to do the do it.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2