Funtoo-current, error at 80% compile after ccmake

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
shenle
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Funtoo-current, error at 80% compile after ccmake

Post by shenle »

Here's the output:

Code: Select all

[ 80%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/vegastrike.dir/src/gfx/vid_file.cpp.o
/home/s/vegastrike/vegastrike/src/gfx/vid_file.cpp: In destructor ‘VidFileImpl::~VidFileImpl()’:
/home/s/vegastrike/vegastrike/src/gfx/vid_file.cpp:204:45: error: ‘av_close_input_file’ was not declared in this scope
             av_close_input_file( pFormatCtx );
                                             ^
/home/s/vegastrike/vegastrike/src/gfx/vid_file.cpp: In member function ‘void VidFileImpl::open(const string&)’:
/home/s/vegastrike/vegastrike/src/gfx/vid_file.cpp:217:54: error: ‘av_find_stream_info’ was not declared in this scope
             || ( 0 > av_find_stream_info( pFormatCtx ) ) ) throw VidFile::FileOpenException( errbase+" (wrong format or)" );
                                                      ^
/home/s/vegastrike/vegastrike/src/gfx/vid_file.cpp:244:45: error: ‘avcodec_open’ was not declared in this scope
         if (avcodec_open( pCodecCtx, pCodec ) < 0) throw VidFile::UnsupportedCodecException( errbase+" (unsupported codec)" );
                                             ^
/home/s/vegastrike/vegastrike/src/gfx/vid_file.cpp:245:25: warning: ‘AVFrame* avcodec_alloc_frame()’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavcodec/avcodec.h:3635) [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
         pFrameYUV     = avcodec_alloc_frame();
                         ^
/home/s/vegastrike/vegastrike/src/gfx/vid_file.cpp:245:45: warning: ‘AVFrame* avcodec_alloc_frame()’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavcodec/avcodec.h:3635) [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
         pFrameYUV     = avcodec_alloc_frame();
                                             ^
/home/s/vegastrike/vegastrike/src/gfx/vid_file.cpp:246:25: warning: ‘AVFrame* avcodec_alloc_frame()’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavcodec/avcodec.h:3635) [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
         pNextFrameYUV = avcodec_alloc_frame();
                         ^
/home/s/vegastrike/vegastrike/src/gfx/vid_file.cpp:246:45: warning: ‘AVFrame* avcodec_alloc_frame()’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavcodec/avcodec.h:3635) [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
         pNextFrameYUV = avcodec_alloc_frame();
                                             ^
/home/s/vegastrike/vegastrike/src/gfx/vid_file.cpp:258:26: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
             while (width < pCodecCtx->width && width <= (fbDimensionLimit/2)) width *= 2;
                          ^
/home/s/vegastrike/vegastrike/src/gfx/vid_file.cpp:259:27: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
             while (height < pCodecCtx->height && height <= (fbDimensionLimit/2)) height *= 2;
                           ^
/home/s/vegastrike/vegastrike/src/gfx/vid_file.cpp:271:29: warning: ‘AVFrame* avcodec_alloc_frame()’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavcodec/avcodec.h:3635) [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
         pFrameRGB         = avcodec_alloc_frame();
                             ^
/home/s/vegastrike/vegastrike/src/gfx/vid_file.cpp:271:49: warning: ‘AVFrame* avcodec_alloc_frame()’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavcodec/avcodec.h:3635) [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
         pFrameRGB         = avcodec_alloc_frame();
                                                 ^
/home/s/vegastrike/vegastrike/src/gfx/vid_file.cpp: In member function ‘bool VidFileImpl::seek(float)’:
/home/s/vegastrike/vegastrike/src/gfx/vid_file.cpp:301:51: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
         if ( (targetPTS >= prevPTS) && (targetPTS < pNextFrameYUV->pts) ) {
                                                   ^
/home/s/vegastrike/vegastrike/src/gfx/vid_file.cpp:331:40: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                 if (pNextFrameYUV->pts < targetPTS) {
                                        ^
/home/s/vegastrike/vegastrike/src/gfx/vid_file.cpp:337:35: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                 while (packet.dts < targetPTS) {
                                   ^
/home/s/vegastrike/vegastrike/src/gfx/vid_file.cpp:343:43: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                 while (pNextFrameYUV->pts < targetPTS) {
                                           ^
CMakeFiles/vegastrike.dir/build.make:2423: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/vegastrike.dir/src/gfx/vid_file.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/vegastrike.dir/src/gfx/vid_file.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:245: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/vegastrike.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/vegastrike.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:75: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
make me a sandwich
make: *** No rule to make target 'me'. Stop.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Funtoo-current, error at 80% compile after ccmake

Post by loki1950 »

So you are compiling with ffmempeg support that error is caused by a change in the API of ffmemprg the scale function IIRC since I have a very sketchy grasp of C++ have no idea on how to fix the offending code,you might try without ffmempeg support as there is currently no content that requires it though that may change if ezze has his way :D There is another issue you may run in to that is the objconv app mesher needs the Orge3D headers but the latest version also has an API change that throws an error I posted about it a while back and ezze provided a fix that I have not applied.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
ezee
Intrepid Venturer
Intrepid Venturer

Post by ezee »

So you are compiling with ffmempeg support
Loki saw that like me , there is an option in your project or makefile that defines if using or not ffmpeg .
Try to find that preprocessor define and remove it :
HAVE_FFMPEG

if (!track.HasWeapons())
            {
                // So what are you going to threaten me with? Exhaustion gas?
                return ThreatLevel::None;
            }
Vegastrike evolved
DEV YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Vegastrike evolved wiki
shenle
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by shenle »

Thanks; in cmake I have turned on the DISABLE_FFMPEG option and at rebuild it successfully went past that point. Still waiting for the build to finish.

(edit) the build was 100% successful.
make me a sandwich
make: *** No rule to make target 'me'. Stop.
ezee
Intrepid Venturer
Intrepid Venturer

Post by ezee »

good job !
:wink:

if (!track.HasWeapons())
            {
                // So what are you going to threaten me with? Exhaustion gas?
                return ThreatLevel::None;
            }
Vegastrike evolved
DEV YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Vegastrike evolved wiki