interesting compiling problem under Linux

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
MoD[eXCieVe]

interesting compiling problem under Linux

Post by MoD[eXCieVe] »

Hello everybody!
I've taken the latest CVS sources and tried to compile it, but it threw a segmentation fault error within compiler on file src/boost129/boost/python/detail/referent_storage.hpp at line 72 just at the beginning of compilation. By the way config had some problems with glext.h and said that it will not be compiled in. And what's the most curious thing - it caused some corruption within the Linux user config files, for example: $PATH variable under user become somewhat shorter and some corruption of graphics in console. By the way I was compiling under root, but root configs remained untouched.
MoD[eXCieVe]

Post by MoD[eXCieVe] »

OK, I managed to compile it with --boost-128 option, but when loading it says that it can't find explore_universe.mission file, although it is present in data/missions directory.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

make sure that you are running ../path/to/vegastrike/vegastrike from inside the data4.x directory.

If you got data instead of data4.x then that is from a very old version, which is probably incompatible with the new binary from 0.4.0 or later.
MoD[eXCieVe]

Post by MoD[eXCieVe] »

No, it was data4.x. I´ve taken it from Windows distribution of VS 0.4.1 but renamed it to data and I was running VS from data directory. The path it was searching for files was also correct. It did find some files in data but some did not.
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

you need the cvs data for the cvs code
there was some path reorganization since the release
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/