upload compiled windows dev version

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
Simpleton
Explorer
Explorer

upload compiled windows dev version

Post by Simpleton »

could someone who knows what they're doing compile the latest cvs for windows and give it to a dev to put on the site. Only need 1 person to do it!

I think I heard that the vc7 version is more updated than at least the vc6 one, but a lot of people have been having problems compiling it on vc7 so that may not be an option. I would do it myself but I only have vc7 and it won't compile, but I think madcatz is fixing it or something so thats cool, it can wait till then I suppose.

of course even if madcatz can only get it to work on his comp, he could always just compile it, and upload it (hint hint).

TIA! :D
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

we've committed a very recent version into bin/ in the data4.x cvs you should be able to check it out and run it...is there a probleM?
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
Simpleton
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Simpleton »

:oops: Wow, I feel stupid. Apparently when searching the cvs for binaries I didn't think to look in the bin directory. Ah well, anyways, now that I have found the latest version, I need help getting it to work.

So the main problem is that when I try to start playing it loads the little fake ad/loading screen, and then just closes. There was some other thread about a similar problem and I tried everything that was suggested and nothing worked. I looked through the stderr.txt and it looked normal except for the last few lines:
!!!!Loading a VSFileSystem::MissionFile : C:\Program Files\Vegastrike Dev\Vegastrike-0.4.0\mission\explore_universe.mission
TRY LOADING : VSFileSystem::MissionFile C:\Program Files\Vegastrike Dev\Vegastrike-0.4.0/.vegastrike/mission/C:\Program Files\Vegastrike Dev\Vegastrike-0.4.0\mission\explore_universe.mission... NOT FOUND
TRY LOADING : VSFileSystem::MissionFile C:\Program Files\Vegastrike Dev\Vegastrike-0.4.0/mods/mods/mission/C:\Program Files\Vegastrike Dev\Vegastrike-0.4.0\mission\explore_universe.mission... NOT FOUND
TRY LOADING : VSFileSystem::MissionFile C:\Program Files\Vegastrike Dev\Vegastrike-0.4.0/mission/C:\Program Files\Vegastrike Dev\Vegastrike-0.4.0\mission\explore_universe.mission... NOT FOUND
EDIT:
also from stderr:
sys.path = [r"C:\Program Files\Vegastrike Dev\Vegastrike-0.4.0/mods/mods/modules/builtin/"
This is not the only place it has mods/mods, its everywhere.

I concluded that I should redownload the entire cvs tree. So when thats done I'll try running it straight from there and seeing what happens.

my 2nd, more minor, problem is that the setup doesn't work, so i have to edit the config by hand. When I try and change things (not when I save, just when I try to switch it in the drop down menus) I get this error:
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

it looks like you launched from the launcher

the launcher is still old

try double clicking the exe
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
Simpleton
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Simpleton »

clever... thanks, I like that there are less missions, makes it harder (Though I was forced to take a fixer mission, which required me to sit there hitting 1 for 15 min while getting shot at before the stupid corvette would let me dock :cry:). Intersystem FTL travel is interesting, its kinda cool, but makes survey missions even worse than they already were (which is saying a lot I think). Are those star line things artificially added, or are they just the effect of moving really fast? I had a few problems, but nothing not to be expected from a dev version.