CVS installation

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
Ampersand
Merchant
Merchant

CVS installation

Post by Ampersand »

Hi
I've got 0.4.1D installed from the rpms with no problems, but the configure file is coming up with the "GLUT library missing or out of date" message, despite me having 3.7 installed (I've tried both mesa and freeglut). Is it posible for me to just paste the CVS data over the original data directory in the same way as with mods?
Thanks
Richard
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

make sure that if there is a -devel package that you have it.

For example, you need the glut-devel or freeglut-devel or mesa-devel (maybe -dev is used instead of -devel)

Also, can you give us some information about your distro and computer (are you using Debian, Gentoo, Mandrake, etc)

In debian, I currently have glutg3-dev and glutg3. But if you use mesa, then there is the appropiate mesaXXX-dev etc. that you need to have. or freeglut-dev.
Ampersand
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Ampersand »

I've installed mesa, mesa-devel and mesademos (there's a libglut.so.3.7 or whatever it's called in /usr/lib as well). I also tried installing glut 3.7, but it required the xmkmf command to create a makefile, which I couldn't find anywhere. I'm running suse 9.0; celeron 1.7GHz; 384Mb ram; intel 845GL chipset. I haven't got any hardware graphics accelleration, but the 0.4.1D version runs well on medium graphics and windowed.
Richard