cmake failure

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
Clint_Thomas
Merchant
Merchant

cmake failure

Post by Clint_Thomas »

I was getting random crashes, so I decided to recompile. cmake failed. Attached error log, output log and copy/paste from terminal.

Linuxmint 15 64bit.
Asus G55VW -Republic of Gamers laptop

Thanks for any assistance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
https://www.torproject.org/ -- Anonymity Online-Protect your privacy. Defend yourself against network surveillance and traffic analysis.
Clint_Thomas
Merchant
Merchant

Re: cmake failure

Post by Clint_Thomas »

Did the following:
sudo apt-get install libopenthreads-dev

Still Failed.

See attached.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
https://www.torproject.org/ -- Anonymity Online-Protect your privacy. Defend yourself against network surveillance and traffic analysis.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

You seem to have enabled Ogre on the build. We haven't updated our Ogre code to run with the latest Ogre versions, you'll have to disable Ogre support.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by TBeholder »

Code: Select all

[...]/trunk/vegastrike/build$ cmake ..
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:97 (message):
  Could NOT find PythonLibs (missing: PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIRS) (found suitable
  version "2.7.4", minimum required is "2.7.4")
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:291 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPythonLibs.cmake:208 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
  CMakeLists.txt:677 (find_package)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
Turned out that it failed to find "PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR2 "... whatever it was supposed to be. I set it to "/usr/lib/python2.7/config-x86_64-linux-gnu" where the same libpython2.7-dev package drops some setup source and makefile. Apparently either that's what it really wanted, or more likely it just needed a correct existing directory, because cmake stopped throwing up this error.
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter
Clint_Thomas
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Clint_Thomas »

Thanks Klauss,

Disabling Ogre did the trick.