Strange OpenAL error

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: Strange OpenAL error

Post by klauss »

I'll try to upload the cleanup patches to the reviewboard so that we can take a better look at them.

Big commits like these should go through the review board first, I'm thinking.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

After reviewing that part of the code I can start to see a pattern on why it did not affect windows. There are far too many sections where I see #ifdef win32 code... #else linux code. A review would help but how much? With all the dead code that doesn't appear to do anything or a lot of commented out code its hard to tell what really works and what doesn't.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Don't worry, for 0.5.2 the Muzak class will be re-implemented to use SUCSS, so none of that code will survive.
Wing Commander Universe
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

yippie! :lol:
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

pheonixstorm wrote:uploaded the corrected file. Makes me wonder if there are any other platform specific bugs that didn't show up in windows but have shown up in linux.
Ok, I just merged it on the 0.5.1 branch, pushed the diffs to the build service, and am awaiting for the build bots to finish. People should be getting the update shortly.

As I said, I'll wait a bit to update the tarball.
Wing Commander Universe
STEVE555
Hunter
Hunter

Post by STEVE555 »

Hi all,
I downloaded the latest revision and re-compiled. The great news is that music is back. The added bonus is that it seems to sound even better than it did before! I want to thank all who fixed the problem.

Regards,
STEVE555
My Box:
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX
Processor:AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 460 Processor
RAM:4 Gb
Graphics Card:ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU 1Gb RAM
Hardrive:Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"
Soundcard:Realtek