svn 13314/windows/VS 2008pro: FlyByKeyboard unresolved ext

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
shenle
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

svn 13314/windows/VS 2008pro: FlyByKeyboard unresolved ext

Post by shenle »

Latest svn as of 2/3/12 (13314), compiled with the same setup that worked before. I get this linking error:

Code: Select all

1>flyjoystick.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __thiscall FlyByKeyboard::~FlyByKeyboard(void)" (??1FlyByKeyboard@@UAE@XZ)
1>flykeyboard.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __thiscall FlyByKeyboard::~FlyByKeyboard(void)" (??1FlyByKeyboard@@UAE@XZ)
1>flyjoystick.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall FlyByKeyboard::Destroy(void)" (?Destroy@FlyByKeyboard@@UAEXXZ)
1>flykeyboard.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall FlyByKeyboard::Destroy(void)" (?Destroy@FlyByKeyboard@@UAEXXZ)
1>flykeyboard.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: void __thiscall FlyByKeyboard::KeyboardRollRight(float)" (?KeyboardRollRight@FlyByKeyboard@@IAEXM@Z)
1>flykeyboard.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: void __thiscall FlyByKeyboard::KeyboardRight(float)" (?KeyboardRight@FlyByKeyboard@@IAEXM@Z)
1>flykeyboard.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: void __thiscall FlyByKeyboard::KeyboardUp(float)" (?KeyboardUp@FlyByKeyboard@@IAEXM@Z)
1>flykeyboard.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall FlyByKeyboard::Execute(void)" (?Execute@FlyByKeyboard@@UAEXXZ)
1>C:\dls\vegastrike\svn\vega-vc9\Release\Vegastrike.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 6 unresolved externals
make me a sandwich
make: *** No rule to make target 'me'. Stop.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: svn 13314/windows/VS 2008pro: FlyByKeyboard unresolved

Post by klauss »

There's a new file, flykeyboard_server.cpp, that you have to add to the project's vegaserver target, and flykeyboard_generic.cpp, which you have to add to both server and client.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Add server to which though? VS client or VS Server or both? If server, well... you can't w/o some error popping up. generic does however work with the client.. can't remember if I added it to the server project as well before I compiled.. think I tried it both ways with the same result. Either way, I'll check back on the solution files and try to get an updated files up on svn asap.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

server to the server binary only, generic goes for both, and the unprefixed usually goes only to the client.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe