Next binary release changes

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Next binary release changes

Post by pheonixstorm »

I reinstalled VS2008 today to get cmake to work properly with the installation path and get the x64 compiler working. If you do not install VS into C:\ then cmake cannot read the path for the compiler. Its a stupid irritating thing about windows...

Changes made to my installation:
Using Win7 SDK
Using x86 and x64 compilers

Unchanged:
Visual Studio 2008 (under XP)

I do not see any problems rebuilding the binaries though Vista and XP users may notice changes in the way the code runs I dont know. If you are a Windows 2000 user you may not be able to get the binary to work. If this is the case I will revert to another SDK but I don't see any windwos users running anything lower than XP and although XP and 2k are a lot alike I see no reason to continue support for anything below XP (I do all my major work under XP and have only recently switched gaming over to Win7).

I hope that my new setup does not affect anyones ability to play the game. If for any reason it does please post in this thread so that I can look into it.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: Next binary release changes

Post by klauss »

I have a very old P3 here that still runs win2k.

It's quite broken, as it's full of trojans and malware and I'm not really looking forward to cleaning it up, so I'll probably format the whole thing and use it as a low cost linux web browser, but in the meantime I might try some VS binaries in win2k.

Sadly, if we find problems, we won't know whether it's the binary or the viruses ;)

Anyway, the thing has an old ATI GPU in it, so it could prove invaluable for testing purposes. Although with only 256MB of SYSTEM RAM (not video, system), I imagine VS will not run smooth by any chance ;)
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
shenle
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by shenle »

I have 2 Windows systems that I'm using at this point, the famous laptop with Win7/64 (which can now run VS thanks to the SDL_GL_ACCELERATED_VISUAL fix) and a desktop with XP 32-bit. So far on the latter all recent binaries run fine (both yours and mine). VS is installed on drive M: :) (don't ask!! :mrgreen: )
make me a sandwich
make: *** No rule to make target 'me'. Stop.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

yeah and its the former we are concerned about lol
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
shenle
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by shenle »

M is not the last drive. The last drive is V: (and is formatted ext2 - please please don't ask :D)
make me a sandwich
make: *** No rule to make target 'me'. Stop.