Compiling HEAD (currently 12931) Win XP VC9

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
shenle
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Re: Compiling HEAD (currently 12931) Win XP VC9

Post by shenle »

Can we consider the attached patch as well? I've been using it for at least 1 year in my local tree, it gets rid of an annoying error when compiling with VS Express (various flavors) or the toolkit-2003. It's made against the pheonixstorm branch, but the same can be applied to the trunk.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
make me a sandwich
make: *** No rule to make target 'me'. Stop.
shenle
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by shenle »

Here's a collection of 64-bit libraries I've made over the weekend should anyone else have the idea of working on a 64-bit vegastrike.

(edit) Forgot to attach vorbis.

(edit2) And zlib_static-d
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
make me a sandwich
shenle
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by shenle »

And finally here's glut32 (I had missed it).

I was finally successful in compiling and linking vegastrike as a 64-bit binary using all the libs I posted; binary attached for testing. Make sure you replace the dlls in win32/bin with the 64-bit versions as well (expat.dll needs to be renamed to libexpat.dll)

On my machine, this binary crashes exactly the same as the 32-bit ones. :(
make me a sandwich
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

I so need to find my VS9 disc... can't stand not being able to compile for x64 though I would have to find a 64bit copy of windows... that is unless I can swap my vista out for 64bit. But.. then I would need another comp to run it as I don't need to boot xp, vist, 7, and ubuntu lol

Hmm... actually my parents computer needs a good cleaning, maybe I can redo theirs as a 64bit. Still have to find a copy of a 64 windows... maybe dual boot it for 64bit linux and windows. As much malware as my dad finds (from not knowing how to google or surf smartly) its an idea...
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
shenle
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by shenle »

pheonixstorm wrote:I don't need to boot xp, vist, 7, and ubuntu lol
If you think that's bad you should take a look at my desktop's boot sector... 3 nested levels of bootloaders ntldr, grub and chain0... partitions from c: to m: and several non-Windows, most of them bootable and with various OSs on them...

...and still the only 64-bit Windows I have is on my laptop... :)

(edit) To add insult to the (Windows) injury, the 64-bit Linux binary that I built last evening runs fine on 64-bit Ubuntu 9.10 on the same laptop. The video driver is fglrx, OpenGL version 2.1.9016
make me a sandwich
shenle
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by shenle »

Excellent job on getting up-to-date projects for building a Windows binary.

One last refinement needed. Here's how to embed the manifest in the exe itself:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 90%29.aspx

And since we don't use nmake, it's actually easier than that. In solution properties > config. properties > manifest tool > input&output > embed manifest "yes"
make me a sandwich
shenle
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by shenle »

I'm trying to build a debug version of the exe, but I think the solution in the svn has some directories wrong for the debug since from the very beginning it throws out errors about not finding header files.
make me a sandwich