: undefined reference to `glXGetProcAddress'

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
neighborlee

Post by neighborlee »

first compile bails due to yes the gl_init error ..so I fixed it by removing ARB from that glx line in gl_init.cpp and reconfigured and did make which is still erroring out as such:
--------------
: undefined reference to `boost::python::from_python(_object*, boost::python::type<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > >)'
gldrv/libgldrv.a(gl_init.o)(.text+0x143): In function `init_opengl_extensions()':
gldrv/libgldrv.a(gl_init.o)(.text+0x154): In function `init_opengl_extensions()':
gldrv/libgldrv.a(gl_init.o)(.text+0x165): In function `init_opengl_extensions()':
gldrv/libgldrv.a(gl_init.o)(.text+0x176): In function `init_opengl_extensions()':
gldrv/libgldrv.a(gl_init.o)(.text+0x489): In function `init_opengl_extensions()':
gldrv/libgldrv.a(gl_init.o)(.text+0x49a): more undefined references to `glXGetProcAddress' follow
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [vegastrike] Error 1
pontiac
Elite
Elite
Location: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Re: : undefined reference to `glXGetProcAddress'

Post by pontiac »

Did you also try the define thing from:
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/phpwi ... talling#Q5

it seem to work for other people, though i can't test it since i don't have this problem ;-)
Pontiac

Post by Guest »

pontiac wrote:Did you also try the define thing from:
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/phpwi ... talling#Q5

it seem to work for other people, though i can't test it since i don't have this problem ;-)
Pontiac
--------
well yes I did try the first approach of adding the #define statement at top of gl_init.cpp

btw..if you aren't seeing this issue what OS are you using ..if linux what disrro

thx
;-)
pontiac
Elite
Elite
Location: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Post by pontiac »

Anonymous wrote:well yes I did try the first approach of adding the #define statement at top of gl_init.cpp

btw..if you aren't seeing this issue what OS are you using ..if linux what disrro

thx
;-)
Sorry i'm normally running vs under win2k so this will not really help you.
I'm also trying to compile vegastrike under cygwin.....without much success so far. :?

Pontiac
pontiac
Elite
Elite

Post by pontiac »

one thing i just remembered:
did you add the configure parameter

Code: Select all

./configure .... --enable-boost-128
?

More help on compiling
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/phpwi ... CompileCvs

Pontiac
neighborlee

Post by neighborlee »

pontiac wrote:one thing i just remembered:
did you add the configure parameter

Code: Select all

./configure .... --enable-boost-128
?

More help on compiling
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/phpwi ... CompileCvs

Pontiac
----------
hi and thx for reply..yes I just did that --enable-boost-128 in ./configure but on 'make' I still get this error::
--------------
: undefined reference to `boost::python::from_python(_object*, boost::python::type<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > >)'
gldrv/libgldrv.a(gl_init.o)(.text+0x143): In function `init_opengl_extensions()':
gldrv/libgldrv.a(gl_init.o)(.text+0x154): In function `init_opengl_extensions()':
gldrv/libgldrv.a(gl_init.o)(.text+0x165): In function `init_opengl_extensions()':
gldrv/libgldrv.a(gl_init.o)(.text+0x176): In function `init_opengl_extensions()':
gldrv/libgldrv.a(gl_init.o)(.text+0x489): In function `init_opengl_extensions()':
gldrv/libgldrv.a(gl_init.o)(.text+0x49a): more undefined references to `glXGetProcAddress' follow
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [vegastrike] Error 1
pontiac
Elite
Elite

Post by pontiac »

neighborlee wrote:hi and thx for reply..yes I just did that --enable-boost-128 in ./configure but on 'make' I still get this error::

Sorry that was my last guess. I'm not really a compiling expert tt :?

Pontiac

PS: why does it give you the 'glXGetProcAddress' errors again? i thought they where gone after the define thing?
neighborlee

fixed it

Post by neighborlee »

pontiac wrote:
neighborlee wrote:hi and thx for reply..yes I just did that --enable-boost-128 in ./configure but on 'make' I still get this error::

Sorry that was my last guess. I'm not really a compiling expert tt :?

Pontiac

PS: why does it give you the 'glXGetProcAddress' errors again? i thought they where gone after the define thing?
-----------
k never mind ;-)..I have it working now by deleting ARB from that one line and adding the #define statement at top of gl_init.cpp

and redoing 'make' ;-)..

whew! gez

okay well...so far so good now I can start checking this out ;-0

cu and thx for those that tried to help ;))

cu
lee