[gl_init.o] Error 1

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
neighborlee

[gl_init.o] Error 1

Post by neighborlee »

something odd here..I edited:
vegastrike/src/gldrv/gl_init.cpp and even though I saved changes I still get the ARB compile error because ARB somehow is being added to that end of line where I removed it ???

thx
deepwave
Merchant
Merchant

Post by deepwave »

Could you post your stderr file please...

I found that adding #define glXGetProcAddress glXGetProcAddressARB to gl_global.h, and gl_init.h too.

Worked for me.
wishm4ster
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Post by wishm4ster »

deepwave wrote:Could you post your stderr file please...

I found that adding #define glXGetProcAddress glXGetProcAddressARB to gl_global.h, and gl_init.h too.

Worked for me.
same problem for me

SuSE 8.1 and gcc3.2

adding theese lines to gl_globals.h and gl_init.h removes error message. Thanks a lot :)

ps: sorry for my English
Smile...tomorrow it will be worse!

What's gonna be, is gonna be. So damn it! I don't care about life, I don't care about love, I don't care about anything...I'm sick of it all!

Post by Guest »

deepwave wrote:Could you post your stderr file please...

Worked for me.
Hrm, a bit of Googling came up with the following from the Flightgear maillinglist:

Code: Select all

#define GLX_GLXEXT_PROTOTYPES
#include <GL/glx.h>
Seems a little nicer than modifying system includes. BTW, my includes come from XFree86-devel-4.3.0-2.i386 (RH9), so this particular problem may be a little widespread. Speculation is that Mesa4 did something unexpected.

Start of the FG thread: http://www.menet.umn.edu/~curt/lists/fg ... 00111.html

PlasmaJohn