HELP!!!

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
Fred

HELP!!!

Post by Fred »

When trying to open the game it tells me that"OpenALL32.dll" is missing...i have tried reinstalling the game many times but it still doesnt work...can anybody help¿?
pontiac
Elite
Elite
Location: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Post by pontiac »

try to run the OpenALwEAX.exe program in the bin directory. it will (hopefully) install openal for you.

Pontiac
yelloweyes
Trader
Trader

Post by yelloweyes »

HELP
I lost my openal.32dll and replaced it as it says in the forum. How ever when I installed it, it installed to my windows system files and now I am unable to run scandisk, as it says that windows or another program has been writing to the drive. I cannot defrag due to errors, cannot restore as it cannot make any changes. I took the dll file out of the systems folders and transfered it to the VS bin folder. I restored a previous regestry entry to no avail. I need to clear this mess up, otherwise I will have to reformat and I don't really want to do that. As everything else seems to work fine. The good part is the game works again. :)

Thans for the help.
Yelloweyes
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

sounds like windows decided to eat itself.

I remember when ace123 had installed windows on his new 150 GB drive.
windows decided it was really only 134 GB and decided to map the last 16 GB of the partition to the beginning of the drive--where the system files rested
*sigh* so when he used up all his space...he started overwriting windows files

don't you love windows?
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/