gl_init.cpp:(.text+0x2ea7): undefined reference to ` SOLVED

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).

gl_init.cpp:(.text+0x2ea7): undefined reference to ` SOLVED

Postby eracc » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:34 pm

I did get past ./configure at least. But now ...
Code: Select all
gl_init.cpp:(.text+0x2ea7): undefined reference to `winsys_init'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [vegastrike] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/gene/VegaStrike/vegastrike'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Well, this stinks. So how do I fix this one folks?
Attachments
config.log
Again my config.log for your viewing pleasure.
(168.65 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
Last edited by eracc on Mon May 03, 2010 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.eracc.com/ - Linux, Unix, eComStation (Get rid of proprietary Microsoft and Apple!)
Custom Built, Preloaded PCs, Workstations and Servers - Business, Home and Gamer systems
My custom built Linux Gamer/Personal/Business box: Mageia Linux on - ASUS M4A78, 4GB RAM (Linux "sees" 3.2 GB with a 32-bit kernel), AMD Phenom Quad-core @ 2.6GHz, Radeon X1650 Pro PCIe, "sda" 250GB WD2500AAKS-0, "sdb" 150GB WD1500ADFD-0 (Raptor), "sdc" 150GB WD1500ADFD-0 (Raptor), "sdd" 500GB ST3500418AS, "xfs" file system on all but the / partition which is using "ext4".
eracc
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Topics: 25

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Digg Digg

Re: gl_init.cpp:(.text+0x2ea7): undefined reference to `winsys_i

Postby klauss » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:57 pm

Do you have SDL and SDL-devel packages?

Long ago SDL was optional, but I'm not sure the other "windowing systems" (other than win32) are being maintained. So configure would simply say "no sdl found" and happily continue, thinking VS can be built without SDL.

Just a blind shot in the dark.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
klauss
Elite
Elite

Topics: 55

Postby chuck_starchaser » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:24 pm

grepping for winsys_init, I got,
Code: Select all
./src/gldrv/winsys.cpp:274:void winsys_init( int *argc, char **argv, char const *window_title, char const *icon_title )
./src/gldrv/winsys.cpp:716:void winsys_init( int *argc, char **argv, char *window_title, char *icon_title )

Now, the first definition is conditional on HAVE_SDL, whatever, but the second is in the #else block of the condition.
Seems to me we should have a winsys_init() no matter; but the second differs in the constness of the last two pointers.
Don't ask me what's my point; no idea :D
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Topics: 195

Postby eracc » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:59 pm

klauss wrote:Do you have SDL and SDL-devel packages?

Long ago SDL was optional, but I'm not sure the other "windowing systems" (other than win32) are being maintained. So configure would simply say "no sdl found" and happily continue, thinking VS can be built without SDL.

That is probably it. I will have to try again next weekend after I add the SDL libraries.
http://www.eracc.com/ - Linux, Unix, eComStation (Get rid of proprietary Microsoft and Apple!)
Custom Built, Preloaded PCs, Workstations and Servers - Business, Home and Gamer systems
My custom built Linux Gamer/Personal/Business box: Mageia Linux on - ASUS M4A78, 4GB RAM (Linux "sees" 3.2 GB with a 32-bit kernel), AMD Phenom Quad-core @ 2.6GHz, Radeon X1650 Pro PCIe, "sda" 250GB WD2500AAKS-0, "sdb" 150GB WD1500ADFD-0 (Raptor), "sdc" 150GB WD1500ADFD-0 (Raptor), "sdd" 500GB ST3500418AS, "xfs" file system on all but the / partition which is using "ext4".
eracc
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Postby eracc » Mon May 03, 2010 5:00 pm

eracc wrote:
klauss wrote:Do you have SDL and SDL-devel packages?

That is probably it. I will have to try again next weekend after I add the SDL libraries.

That was the problem. I needed the SDL libraries. I now have a compiled and working checkout release. Nice! :)
eracc
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Return to Compiling Problems [paste config.log]