Ogre3D

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
loki1950
The Shepherd

Ogre3D

Post by loki1950 »

Well it should end with something like this vegastrike/branches/ogre_branch/ but as i said i'm not sure if it will compile ATM and the web interface url is http://vegastrike.svn.sourceforge.net/v ... /branches/ just keep going deeper till you find the data and source code.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
JsnMtth
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Re: Ogre3D

Post by JsnMtth »

Thanks loki I'm checking it out now. :)
Should I checkout the .6x dataset for it as well?
JsnMtth
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by JsnMtth »

Checked it out, installed dependancies, configured successfully after
commenting out out line 16720:

VS_CONFIG_GTKUTILS

Anyone know if it is supposed to be there? I'm familiar with out to use automake and autoconf to compile a program, but I have NO understanding of how one creates a project and sets it up to auto-magically build it.
Your right it didn't compile. I'll see what I can do.

make output

Code: Select all

make  all-am
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jason/vegastrike/devel/ogre_vegastrike'
depbase=`echo src/networking/lowlevel/netbuffer.o | sed 's|[^/]*$|.deps/&|;s|\.o$||'`; \
	if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.   -I.//1_33    -DHAVE_SDL=1 -DSDL_WINDOWING=1      -DHAVE_AL=1   -DHAVE_OGG   -I/usr/include/python2.4 -DHAVE_PYTHON=1     -I./src   -pipe   -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -pthread -MT src/networking/lowlevel/netbuffer.o -MD -MP -MF "$depbase.Tpo" -c -o src/networking/lowlevel/netbuffer.o src/networking/lowlevel/netbuffer.cpp; \
	then mv -f "$depbase.Tpo" "$depbase.Po"; else rm -f "$depbase.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
In file included from ./src/networking/lowlevel/netbuffer.h:5,
                 from src/networking/lowlevel/netbuffer.cpp:2:
./src/cmd/weapon_xml.h:35: error: extra qualification ‘weapon_info::’ on member ‘weapon_info’
make[1]: *** [src/networking/lowlevel/netbuffer.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jason/vegastrike/devel/ogre_vegastrike'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I'd post the config.log but it exceeds the character limit by double :(
JsnMtth
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by JsnMtth »

Lots of the build issues (Ubuntu 8.10) seem to be related to various errors according gcc-4.3.
Most of these are in the networking code.
I notice config.h says version 0.4.4.
Would this mean that version 0.5 has more recent code in that regard?

My lattest error is:

Code: Select all

ar cru libnetlowlevel.a src/networking/lowlevel/netbuffer.o src/networking/lowlevel/netui.o src/networking/lowlevel/packet.o src/networking/lowlevel/packetmem.o src/networking/lowlevel/vsnet_address.o src/networking/lowlevel/vsnet_clientstate.o src/networking/lowlevel/vsnet_cmd.o src/networking/lowlevel/vsnet_debug.o src/networking/lowlevel/vsnet_dloadenum.o src/networking/lowlevel/vsnet_dloadmgr.o src/networking/lowlevel/vsnet_notify.o src/networking/lowlevel/vsnet_oss.o src/networking/lowlevel/vsnet_parsecmd.o src/networking/lowlevel/vsnet_pipe.o src/networking/lowlevel/vsnet_serversocket.o src/networking/lowlevel/vsnet_socket.o src/networking/lowlevel/vsnet_socketbase.o src/networking/lowlevel/vsnet_socketflags.o src/networking/lowlevel/vsnet_sockethttp.o src/networking/lowlevel/vsnet_socketset.o src/networking/lowlevel/vsnet_sockettcp.o src/networking/lowlevel/vsnet_socketudp.o src/networking/lowlevel/vsnet_thread_non.o src/networking/lowlevel/vsnet_thread_p.o src/networking/lowlevel/vsnet_thread_sdl.o 
ar: src/networking/lowlevel/vsnet_sockethttp.o: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [libnetlowlevel.a] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jason/vegastrike/devel/ogre_vegastrike'
make: *** [all] Error 2
Because of my incompetence with how autoconf,automake and friends decide what to do with what all I know is the files don't exist because they are not there, no .h or .cpp file. Help? I'm not familiar with the code and am very inexperienced in C++

Anyone considered doing a git rebase from the mainline?
JsnMtth
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by JsnMtth »

What version of boost should I use?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

I split the topic and moved it compile related posts to here in compiling problems where it is more appropriate.To answer your question use your system version and there may be issues with boost have a look at this thread to future proof it for 9.04 and the switch to gcc 4.4 and Python 2.6.As for your question about data .6x yes as that will give you a base data set that has already been converted to Ogre's .mesh format.And yes the network code from trunk is very much newer :wink: though ace123 hasn't had much time to touch it lately.Now for your cofig log just us the attachment feature of the forum as that's what it's for 8) I will email one of the ace123 and klauss to have a look ace for the network code and klauss for the Ogre stuff as it's his code your trying to get compiled he was working mostly on Win 2k at the time so that may be one of the problems with some of the syntax and i know very much less about C++ as i have stated before my last real coding was done 25 years ago in assembly and Forth before the advent of OOP and graphical interfaces but since i wrote my first code in the days of punch cards i do have a good grasp of first principles :mrgreen: so hang in there and we will get this working one way or an other and i may pull the Ogre branch myself and try on my fedora install as i already have the deps installed :D happy hacking

my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
JsnMtth
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by JsnMtth »

Thanks loki1950. There were some boost issues, something about a function not being part of the class. From looking at the boost forum I found proposals for adding the function to the class (I think I have a old version). I'm not an Ubuntu guy and feel like a fish out of water. When the official Fedora 11 is out I'm going to go home :( they delayed it. My suspicion regarding the boost issues is that this recently outdated version of ubuntu has too old a version of boost.

I wouldn't mind a little assembly experience (but don't regret missing out on punch cards) :)
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

When the official Fedora 11 is out I'm going to go home :( they delayed it
Just read on the fedora forum an other week of slip an other anaconda bug has raised it's head you could do a net install of rawhide :wink: as the freeze is still in effect so no new code will be committed

JsnMtth
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by JsnMtth »

Just read on the fedora forum an other week of slip an other anaconda bug has raised it's head you could do a net install of rawhide :wink: as the freeze is still in effect so no new code will be committed
That sucks :( I've considered the dev version several times, but since the stable was so close I decided to wait. I have to fight with the kernel on my laptop many times and have struggled with keeping a distro on it (bios issues from HP). Right know I get stability at the expense of losing a core, or I have to use an older kernel.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Just had some bios issues myself but an update solved them it still had the factory bios and there had been 5 updates released most for various Windows issues still waiting for a lm_sensors update though as the only ones it finds atm are the cpu temps.