Solved: missing glxtokens.h

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
Jno
Trader
Trader

Solved: missing glxtokens.h

Post by Jno »

In another thread, I mentioned that I failed to compile a subversion checkout under Linux, with the following error message:

Code: Select all

In file included from src/gldrv/gl_init.cpp:70:
/usr/include/GL/glx.h:27:26: error: GL/glxtokens.h: No such file or directory
src/gldrv/gl_init.cpp: In function ?void GFXInit(int, char**)?:
src/gldrv/gl_init.cpp:460: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ?char*?
src/gldrv/gl_init.cpp:460: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ?char*?
make[1]: *** [src/gldrv/gl_init.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/games/VegaStrike/vegastrike'
make: *** [all] Error 2
Loki suggested that I follow it up in this thread.

Some searching indicated that this might be related to my using non-free (proprietary) NVidia drivers, so I updated to the most recent which supports my somewhat aged Geforce FX (i.e. driver version 71.86.06). This didn't have any effect, so more digging turned up a suggestion to install package x11proto-gl-dev. That did the trick, and wrote the correct set of header files in /usr/include/GL, so that I could complete a compilation. Unfortunately, it clobbered the NVidia driver, so I had to install that all over again at the next restart. The two seem to be living comfortably together now, I have completed a compilation and I'm getting to grips with the newer features in VS.

Jonathan
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Solved: missing glxtokens.h

Post by loki1950 »

So it turns out to be a configuration issue with the driver and the relevant dev pgk and most likely following on from Xorg's recent revolution "No Xorg.config file :shock: "lots of grief for lots of people till they do the a reconfigure of X to generate that file.So i am not that surprised that there are further consequences :roll: and i imagine there will be more :wink:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2