boost linker error on Mandrake 9.1

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).

boost linker error on Mandrake 9.1

Post by Guest »

Hi,

Vegastrike compiles for me okay but fails to link. I have tried a normal configure and configure --enable-boost-128. Do I need to make clean after running the configure command or should it not matter?

Here is the linker command and the first linker error:

g++ -pipe -O3 -fexpensive-optimizations -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -ffast-math -I/usr/include/SDL -D_REENTRANT -pipe -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -o vegastrike posh.o stardate.o star_system_xml.o star_system_generic.o universe_generic.o universe_util_generic.o galaxy.o galaxy_xml.o galaxy_gen.o faction_generic.o hashtable.o configxml.o easydom.o xml_serializer.o xml_support.o lin_time.o endianness.o faction_util_generic.o load_mission.o savegame.o vs_globals.o vs_path.o debug_vs.o gfxlib_struct.o in_joystick.o force_feedback.o faction_util.o in_kb.o in_sdl.o in_mouse.o in_main.o in_handler.o main_loop.o physics.o star_system_jump.o star_system.o universe.o universe_util.o config_xml.o macosx_math.o cg_global.o main.o networking/netserver_devices.o aldrv/libaldrv.a common/libvscommon.a networking/libnetclient.a networking/lowlevel/libnetlowlevel.a cmd/script/script_call_briefing.o cmd/script/libscript.a cmd/script/c_alike/libc_alike.a python/briefing_wrapper.o cmd/libcmd.a cmd/base_init.o python/libpython.a gfx/libgfx.a gldrv/libgldrv.a cmd/ai/libai.a gui/libgui.a networking/libnet.a cmd/collide/libcollide.a boost129/libboost_python.a boost/libboost_python.a gfx/nav/libnav.a -lpthread -lz -lutil -L/usr/lib -lSDL -lpthread -lSDL_mixer -lGL -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lGLU -lglut -lXi -lXmu -lexpat -lpng -lz -lm -ljpeg -lopenal -lpython2.2 -Xlinker -export-dynamic
cmd/script/libscript.a(mission.o)(.text+0x47): In function `__static_initialization_and_destruction_0(int, int)':
: undefined reference to `boost::python::converter::registry::lookup(boost::python::type_info)'

Any ideas?

Post by Guest »

Okay I managed to compile it. The problem was actually doing a ./configure --enable-booster-128 i the first place. I started from afresh (changing glXGetProcAddressARB to glXGetProcAddress to get it to compile). Now when I launch the game it craps out because it can't find glXGetProcAddress!
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

try changing it back to glXGetProcAddressARB
and then see if you can find some header that defines it (google it?)
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/