Noob compiler problems with 12396

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
Storm
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Noob compiler problems with 12396

Post by Storm »

New to vegastrike, very excited to try it out but failing miserably to get it compiled and running.

Ubuntu 8.04.01 hardy
Revision 12396 for vegastrike, data, and hqtextures
bootstrap seems to work alright
configure seems to work alright
make fails at -lvorbisfile which naturally means make install doesn't even really get going and fails with a -lvorbisfile message as well

Couple things I was wondering about:
1) why is the vegastrike version number in my config.log 0.4.4
2) why does ffmpeg detect fail but ffmpeg is installed and updated
3) how do I get past the lvorbisfile issue

Things that I've tried:
make clean
make distclean
svn st and remove all files that are marked ? but left the boost external objects
svn up
apt-get remove ffmpeg and lvorbisfile
apt-get install ffmpeg and lvorbisfile

If I understand the process correctly, I need to do the following to get vegastrike running:

svn up both the data and vegastrike directories - done
./bootstrap - done
./configure - partial failure?
make - failed

Once make completes, I go back to the Setup section from vegastrike.sourceforge.net/wiki/HowTo:Checkout_SVN and should be able to run vegastrike from /data

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

*****SPAM prevention*****
Spammers are not allowed to post links to other sites in the first topic you make.
If you are not a spammer, you can now click edit, uncheck 'Disable BBCode' and fix up URLs in links, or reply to this post.

If this happened in error or you have a better way of preventing SPAM, please private message 'ace123'.]
-- forums/posting.php, line 560
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

you need developer versions of each library as well.

So you need to install libvorbis-dev and libvorbisfile-dev
Storm
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by Storm »

ace123 wrote:you need developer versions of each library as well.

So you need to install libvorbis-dev and libvorbisfile-dev
LOL. That's embarrassing. I would have sworn I had installed every libvorbis possibility.

Compiled and up and running now. :wink:

Thanks!
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome Storm we have all missed dev packages at one time or an other :wink: if you run into problems or just general questions just post it 8)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2