svn checkout

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
lee
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

svn checkout

Post by lee »

SNV checkout aborts with these messages:

Code: Select all

[...]
Added: Games/vs/vegastrike/boost/1_35/boost/any.hpp
Added: Games/vs/vegastrike/boost/1_35/boost/concept_check.hpp
Added: Games/vs/vegastrike/boost/1_35/boost/bimap.hpp
Updated: Games/vs/vegastrike/boost/1_35/boost
Error: Error while performing action: PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/boost/!svn/vcc/default'
PROPFIND of '/svn/boost/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request (http://svn.boost.org)
Ready

What's wrong?
Debian testing
NVIDIA-Linux-x86-173.08-pkg1.run
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Try updating it again--maybe Boost's subversion server was down. I just did a clean update a few minutes ago and it worked fine.
lee
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by lee »

Hm, it didn't work, same problem. Is there a problem with rapidsvn?
Debian testing
lee
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by lee »

Ok, kdesvn doesn't work, either, same problem:

Added /home/lee/Games/vs/trunk/vegastrike/boost/1_35/boost/bimap.hpp
Pristine state was modified.
Update /home/lee/Games/vs/trunk/vegastrike/boost/1_35/boost
Update complete /home/lee/Games/vs/trunk/vegastrike/boost/1_35/boost (Rev 46414)
Update external module /home/lee/Games/vs/trunk/vegastrike/boost/1_35/src
PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/boost/!svn/vcc/default'
PROPFIND of '/svn/boost/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request (http://svn.boost.org)
Debian testing
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

You do not really need the boost modules if your system already has it installed have you tried just using the cnd line svn commands i use kdesvn but my initial checkout was on the cmd line just copy/paste from the wiki.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
lee
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by lee »

loki1950 wrote:You do not really need the boost modules if your system already has it installed have you tried just using the cnd line svn commands i use kdesvn but my initial checkout was on the cmd line just copy/paste from the wiki.
It bootstraps and configures without, but it doesn't compile without. Hmm ... I could install libboost1.35-dev, would that work?

Unfortunately, I don't have the commandline svn client. There is a subversion package, but I don't want to install it because I don't want the server part of it.

And how likely is it that two different svn clients would be broken in exactly the same way?

EDIT: Ok, I installed libboost1.35-dev and used

./configure --with-data-dir=/home/lee/Games/vs/data/ --with-boost=system

Which gets me to:

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/lee/Games/vs/vegastrike'
depbase=`echo src/python/unit_exports1.o | sed 's|[^/]*$|.deps/&|;s|\.o$||'`;\
	g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.   -I/usr/include   -DHAVE_SDL=1 -DSDL_WINDOWING=1      -I/usr/local/include -DDATA_DIR="/home/lee/Games/vs/data/"  -I/usr/include/python2.4 -DHAVE_PYTHON=1    -I./src   -pipe  -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -pthread -MT src/python/unit_exports1.o -MD -MP -MF $depbase.Tpo -c -o src/python/unit_exports1.o src/python/unit_exports1.cpp &&\
	mv -f $depbase.Tpo $depbase.Po
In file included from src/python/unit_exports1.cpp:3:
/usr/include/boost/python/detail/caller.hpp: In static member function ‘static const PyTypeObject* boost::python::detail::converter_target_type<ResultConverter>::get_pytype() [with ResultConverter = boost::python::to_python_value<const QVector&>]’:
/usr/include/boost/python/detail/caller.hpp:242:   instantiated from ‘static boost::python::detail::py_func_sig_info boost::python::detail::caller_arity<1u>::impl<F, Policies, Sig>::signature() [with F = QVector (UnitWrapper::*)(), Policies = boost::python::default_call_policies, Sig = boost::mpl::vector2<QVector, UnitWrapper&>]’
/usr/include/boost/python/object/py_function.hpp:48:   instantiated from ‘boost::python::detail::py_func_sig_info boost::python::objects::caller_py_function_impl<Caller>::signature() const [with Caller = boost::python::detail::caller<QVector (UnitWrapper::*)(), boost::python::default_call_policies, boost::mpl::vector2<QVector, UnitWrapper&> >]’
src/python/unit_exports.h:91:   instantiated from here
/usr/include/boost/python/detail/caller.hpp:102: error: ‘struct boost::python::to_python_value<const QVector&>’ has no member named ‘get_pytype’
/usr/include/boost/python/detail/caller.hpp: In static member function ‘static const PyTypeObject* boost::python::detail::converter_target_type<ResultConverter>::get_pytype() [with ResultConverter = boost::python::to_python_value<const Vector&>]’:
/usr/include/boost/python/detail/caller.hpp:242:   instantiated from ‘static boost::python::detail::py_func_sig_info boost::python::detail::caller_arity<2u>::impl<F, Policies, Sig>::signature() [with F = Vector (UnitWrapper::*)(UnitWrapper), Policies = boost::python::default_call_policies, Sig = boost::mpl::vector3<Vector, UnitWrapper&, UnitWrapper>]’
/usr/include/boost/python/object/py_function.hpp:48:   instantiated from ‘boost::python::detail::py_func_sig_info boost::python::objects::caller_py_function_impl<Caller>::signature() const [with Caller = boost::python::detail::caller<Vector (UnitWrapper::*)(UnitWrapper), boost::python::default_call_policies, boost::mpl::vector3<Vector, UnitWrapper&, UnitWrapper> >]’
src/python/unit_exports.h:91:   instantiated from here
/usr/include/boost/python/detail/caller.hpp:102: error: ‘struct boost::python::to_python_value<const Vector&>’ has no member named ‘get_pytype’
make[1]: *** [src/python/unit_exports1.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/lee/Games/vs/vegastrike'
make: *** [all] Error 2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Debian testing
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

The server part of svn only runs if you set it up but the client side is very useful don't know what is throwing the error you are getting.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

What version of GCC are you using to compile?

I don't think I have tried the combination of gcc 4.3 and boost 1.35 (not after we switched away from boost 1.33)
lee
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by lee »

lee@cat:~$ gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: i486-linux-gnu
Configured with: ../src/configure -v --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,objc,obj-c++ --prefix=/usr --enable-shared --with-system-zlib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --enable-nls --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.2 --program-suffix=-4.2 --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-objc-gc --enable-mpfr --enable-targets=all --enable-checking=release --build=i486-linux-gnu --host=i486-linux-gnu --target=i486-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.2.4 (Debian 4.2.4-2+b1)
lee@cat:~$

Maybe it's because I'm using the boost library from the distribution? They have a README.Debian saying that they made it so that different python versions can be supported, 2.4 and 2.5. Python -V says 2.5.2.
Debian testing
safemode
Developer
Developer

Post by safemode »

if your svn client borks on external repos then get a new svn client. Hell, the command line svn client works with it. Win32's svn clients work with it. Something is borked with whatever clients you guys are using that can't handle external pulls. Can you not svn pull the mplayer repo either?

rip open a teminal. mkdir somedir; cd somedir; svn co <url to repo> ; done. Periodically svn update; No need to waste time with gui wrappers :)

Now, on another note. if you dont use the internal boost trees, you need to read ./configure --help and see the options for --enable-boost=system and --enable-python=2.# where # is some number that you want in case your boost python version is compiled against a non-default version of python (but as the last guy said, that's not an issue in some dists).
Ed Sweetman endorses this message.
lee
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by lee »

Bleh ... Now I filed bugreports against rapidsvn and kdesvn because the commandline svn checked out just fine. Still it didn't checkout the boost library, and it didn't even tell me that it failed :( So svn is even worse than the GUI clients.

ranlib libnetlowlevel.a
rm -f libboost_python.a
ar cru libboost_python.a boost/1_35/src/list.o boost/1_35/src/module.o boost/1_35/src/object_protocol.o boost/1_35/src/dict.o boost/1_35/src/numeric.o boost/1_35/src/errors.o boost/1_35/src/exec.o boost/1_35/src/str.o boost/1_35/src/import.o boost/1_35/src/wrapper.o boost/1_35/src/object_operators.o boost/1_35/src/long.o boost/1_35/src/object/pickle_support.o boost/1_35/src/object/life_support.o boost/1_35/src/object/inheritance.o boost/1_35/src/object/function_doc_signature.o boost/1_35/src/object/stl_iterator.o boost/1_35/src/object/class.o boost/1_35/src/object/enum.o boost/1_35/src/object/function.o boost/1_35/src/object/iterator.o boost/1_35/src/converter/from_python.o boost/1_35/src/converter/registry.o boost/1_35/src/converter/arg_to_python_base.o boost/1_35/src/converter/builtin_converters.o boost/1_35/src/converter/type_id.o boost/1_35/src/tuple.o 
ar: boost/1_35/src/list.o: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [libboost_python.a] Error 1
Using

./configure --with-boost=system --datadir=/home/lee/Games/vs/data/ --with-python-version=2.5
didn't compile it either, same problem with boost.

lee@cat:~/Games/vs/vegastrike$ ls boost/1_35/src/
converter  object
lee@cat:~/Games/vs/vegastrike$ ls boost/1_35/src/converter/
lee@cat:~/Games/vs/vegastrike$ ls boost/1_35/src/object/
lee@cat:~/Games/vs/vegastrike$ 
There should be files there, I guess. How do I get them?

Hmm, they must have changed boost to a newer version (1.35.0). I downloaded the archive they have and linked it in place, but boost/1_35/src/list.o still cannot be found.

lee@cat:~/Games/vs/vegastrike/boost$ find . -name "list.*"
./doc/html/boost/interprocess/list.html
./doc/html/boost/intrusive/list.html
./doc/html/intrusive/list.html
./boost/fusion/include/list.hpp
./boost/fusion/container/list/list.hpp
./boost/fusion/container/list.hpp
./boost/serialization/list.hpp
./boost/python/list.hpp
./boost/xpressive/proto/transform/list.hpp
./boost/interprocess/containers/list.hpp
./boost/spirit/core/composite/impl/list.ipp
./boost/spirit/core/composite/list.hpp
./boost/preprocessor/list.hpp
./boost/tr1/tr1/sun/list.SUNWCCh
./boost/functional/hash/list.hpp
./boost/intrusive/list.hpp
./boost/typeof/std/list.hpp
./boost/mpl/list.hpp
./boost/mpl/limits/list.hpp
./boost/mpl/aux_/preprocessed/bcc/list.hpp
./boost/mpl/aux_/preprocessed/msvc70/list.hpp
./boost/mpl/aux_/preprocessed/no_ctps/list.hpp
./boost/mpl/aux_/preprocessed/no_ttp/list.hpp
./boost/mpl/aux_/preprocessed/bcc551/list.hpp
./boost/mpl/aux_/preprocessed/mwcw/list.hpp
./boost/mpl/aux_/preprocessed/gcc/list.hpp
./boost/mpl/aux_/preprocessed/dmc/list.hpp
./boost/mpl/aux_/preprocessed/plain/list.hpp
./boost/mpl/aux_/preprocessed/msvc60/list.hpp
./boost/assign/std/list.hpp
./libs/fusion/doc/html/fusion/container/list.html
./libs/python/doc/v2/list.html
./libs/python/test/list.py
./libs/python/test/list.cpp
./libs/python/src/list.cpp
./libs/preprocessor/doc/headers/list.html
./libs/preprocessor/test/list.cpp
./libs/intrusive/proj/vc7ide/list/list.vcproj
./libs/mpl/doc/refmanual/list.html
./libs/mpl/doc/src/refmanual/list.rst
./libs/mpl/test/list.cpp
./libs/mpl/preprocessed/src/list.cpp
./1_35/src/.deps/list.Po
lee@cat:~/Games/vs/vegastrike/boost$ 
Debian testing
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Try just removing the "boost/1_35/src" folder and doing an update (from commandline).
Do the same to "boost/1_35/boost" if necessary... it could be that KdeSvn didn't properly checkout the external directory.
lee
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by lee »

lee@cat:~/Games/vs/vegastrike$ rm -rf boost/1_35/src
lee@cat:~/Games/vs/vegastrike$ rm -rf boost/1_35/boost
lee@cat:~/Games/vs/vegastrike$ cd ..
lee@cat:~/Games/vs$ svn update
svn: Expected 'vegastrike/boost' to be a directory but found a file
lee@cat:~/Games/vs$ cd vegastrike/
lee@cat:~/Games/vs/vegastrike$ rm boost
Ok, I forgot about the symlink I made earlier --- stupid me ...

lee@cat:~/Games/vs/vegastrike$ svn update
A    boost
A    boost/1_35
A    boost/1_35/CMakeLists.txt
A    boost/1_28
A    boost/1_28/CMakeLists.txt
A    boost/integrating.txt

Fetching external item into 'boost/1_28/boost'
... nothing happens ... for 6 minutes now ... 9 minutes ...

date
svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/boost/tags/release/Boost_1_28_0/boost/boost'
svn: PROPFIND of '/svn/boost/tags/release/Boost_1_28_0/boost/boost': 400 Bad Request (http://svn.boost.org)
lee@cat:~/Games/vs/vegastrike$ date
Tue Jun 17 03:20:06 CDT 2008
Took 10 minutes, probably a timeout.

Hmm ...

lee@cat:~/Games/vs/vegastrike$ cd boost/
lee@cat:~/Games/vs/vegastrike/boost$ ls
1_28  1_35  integrating.txt
lee@cat:~/Games/vs/vegastrike/boost$ cd 1_35/
lee@cat:~/Games/vs/vegastrike/boost/1_35$ svn update

Fetching external item into 'boost'
... nothing happens ... for about two minutes

Now it got a lot of files and tries to get more into src, but nothing happens.

Another two minutes, and it's got some files.

Fetching external item into 'src'
A    src/slice.cpp
A    src/long.cpp
[... more files ...]
Updated external to revision 46441.

Updated to revision 12371.
lee@cat:~/Games/vs/vegastrike/boost/1_35$ cd ..
lee@cat:~/Games/vs/vegastrike/boost$ cd ..
lee@cat:~/Games/vs/vegastrike$ ./bootstrap-sh 
[... blah, blah, strap, strap, blah ...]
Makefile.am:1166: `%'-style pattern rules are a GNU make extension
Bootstrap is complete. Run ./configure to configure the build system.
lee@cat:~/Games/vs/vegastrike$ ./configure --datadir=/home/lee/Games/vs/data/
[... blah, blah, blahh, configuring, blah ...]
configure: Compiling with CPPFLAGS: -DBOOST_PYTHON_NO_PY_SIGNATURES -DBOOST_PYTHON_STATIC_LIB -I$(top_srcdir)/$(BOOSTDIR)/1_35   -DHAVE_SDL=1 -DSDL_WINDOWING=1      -I/usr/local/include  -I/usr/include/python2.4 -DHAVE_PYTHON=1    -I$(top_srcdir)/src .
configure: Compiling with CXXFLAGS:   -pipe  -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -pthread.
configure: Compiling with LIBS:    -lvorbisfile -lvorbis -logg   -L/usr/lib -lSDL  -lGL  -lGLU -lXmu -lXi  -lglut  -lexpat  -lpng  -ljpeg -L/usr/lib -lpython2.4 -Xlinker -export-dynamic -pthread .
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating src/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged
config.status: executing depfiles commands
lee@cat:~/Games/vs/vegastrike$ make
[ ... blah ... making, making, blah ... still making, wow ...]
	g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.   -DBOOST_PYTHON_NO_PY_SIGNATURES -DBOOST_PYTHON_STATIC_LIB -I./boost/1_35   -DHAVE_SDL=1 -DSDL_WINDOWING=1      -I/usr/local/include  -I/usr/include/python2.4 -DHAVE_PYTHON=1    -I./src   -pipe  -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -pthread -MT src/aldrv/al_sound.o -MD -MP -MF $depbase.Tpo -c -o src/aldrv/al_sound.o src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp &&\
	mv -f $depbase.Tpo $depbase.Po
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp: In function ‘bool AUDLoadSoundFile(const char*, AUDSoundProperties*, bool)’:
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:448: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:447: error: forward declaration of ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:466: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:447: error: forward declaration of ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:467: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:479: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:480: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:481: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:483: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:494: error: ‘ConvertFormat’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:505: error: ‘ALbyte’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:505: error: expected primary-expression before ‘)’ token
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:505: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:505: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:505: error: ‘blutLoadWAVMemory’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:507: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:510: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp: In function ‘int AUDBufferSound(const AUDSoundProperties*, bool)’:
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:515: error: ‘ALuint’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:515: error: expected `;' before ‘wavbuf’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:516: error: ‘wavbuf’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:516: error: ‘alGenBuffers’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:517: error: ‘alGetError’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:518: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘const struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:447: error: forward declaration of ‘const struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:518: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘const struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:447: error: forward declaration of ‘const struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:518: error: ‘alBufferData’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:519: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘const struct AUDSoundProperties’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:519: error: ‘LoadSound’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp: In function ‘float AUDGetCurrentPosition(int)’:
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:908: error: ‘ALfloat’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:908: error: expected `;' before ‘rv’
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:909: error: ‘rv’ was not declared in this scope
src/aldrv/al_sound.cpp:909: error: ‘alGetSourcef’ was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [src/aldrv/al_sound.o] Error 1
Well, that's a lot further than before. I'll have to see what's wrong with alsa tomorrow ...
Debian testing
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

Looks like your missing the dev headers for openal, or something like that. Check that you have all the dependencies and their dev libraries.