Problem with gl_globals.h on OS X

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
Bob_Violence
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Problem with gl_globals.h on OS X

Post by Bob_Violence »

I have the current CVS (gl_globals.h version is 1.27), dec 2002 developer tools (gcc3.1, not 3.3), on os x 10.2.6. Make dies with:

if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../../src -I../../src/boost -DHAVE_SDL=1 -DSDL_WINDOWING=1 -DHAVE_SDL_MIXER=1 -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Libraries/CIncludes -I/sw/include -I/sw/include -I/sw/include -DJPEG_SUPPORT -I/Library/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework/Headers -DNETCOMM_NOWEBCAM -I/sw/include/python2.3 -DHAVE_PYTHON=1 -DUSE_BOOST_128=1 -g3 -Wall -I/sw/include/SDL -D_THREAD_SAFE -pipe -MT gl_globals.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/gl_globals.Tpo" \
-c -o gl_globals.o `test -f 'gl_globals.cpp' || echo './'`gl_globals.cpp; \
then mv -f ".deps/gl_globals.Tpo" ".deps/gl_globals.Po"; \
else rm -f ".deps/gl_globals.Tpo"; exit 1; \
fi
In file included from gl_globals.cpp:22:
gl_globals.h:103: syntax error before `;' token
gl_globals.h:104: syntax error before `;' token
gl_globals.h:105: syntax error before `;' token
gl_globals.h:106: syntax error before `;' token
gl_globals.h:107: syntax error before `;' token
gl_globals.h:108: syntax error before `;' token
make[3]: *** [gl_globals.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

I have the most recent Apple-supplied glext.h in /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.Framework/Headers. Any idea what's up?
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

ugh there are so many different versions of glext.h and gl.h floating around that frankly I'm sure they're all mutually exclusive
I've tried so hard to get it working in debian unstable--and now mac breaks things...
I'll post my glext.h and gl.h that I got from nvidia (and I think mesa) and they should hopefully work for you as well--sorry bout this...just put 'em in your vegastrike/src directory--the thing should find them
http://vegastrike.sf.net/users/hellcatv/
they're in there
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
Bob_Violence
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Bob_Violence »

Thanks, that worked.

I had to modify gl_globals.h so it would look for the new glext.h rather than <OpenGL/glext.h>, but that's easy enough...